Is there any hope for Eddy Curry?

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
With this being a contract year for him is there any remote chance of him getting back to the 2006-07 form of 19 ppg and 7-8 rpg? (I'd take 10 pts and 6 boards myself and call that progress) I mean wouldn't he want to at least try so that he could somehow get another contract somewhere else? Remember he tried last season where he lost like 40 lbs or something. Is it remotely possible or am I just smokin crack?
:gony:

LeFlume

All Star
No....there is no hope for Eddy Curry. He was never very good to begin with anyway.

Sky was the limit for that kid. He had all the physical tools to become the next Shaq. He just didn't have the heart nor the head. "No cojones" as the hispanic community would put it. He is persona non grata in the NBA. He will never be..He WAS..No more. No mas..Gone and forgotten..

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I think that ship has sailed for Eddy. It's really sad. He was young, talented, loaded with money etc.. and now his house is in foreclosure, the police are after him, he has bad knees, and his NBA career is pretty much shot. A tragic ending is in the cards unless some kind of miracle occurs.

Paul1355

All Star
With this being a contract year for him is there any remote chance of him getting back to the 2006-07 form of 19 ppg and 7-8 rpg? (I'd take 10 pts and 6 boards myself and call that progress) I mean wouldn't he want to at least try so that he could somehow get another contract somewhere else? Remember he tried last season where he lost like 40 lbs or something. Is it remotely possible or am I just smokin crack?
:gony:
He HAS to stay heaalthy, he lost all the weight but still got hot hurt, I see it as doubtful but Curry can be a decent role player if he can stay on the court and not commit a million fouls....with Turiaf, Randolph and Mozgov I dont see Curry getting any minutes.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
being in dantoni's dog house is like being in satans dog house....your done

They need to just build a doghouse for him to sit in away from the bench, to watch the team play. Bring it on the plane for road games. It would be a fan favorite for sure. The kids would luv it!

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Big. Strong. Athletic.

These are all words to describe Eddy Curry. Four, maybe five years ago.

Now he's just old, fat, and sorry. (Hey, Darko Milicic is being passed to the T-Wolves... why???)

iSaYughh

Starter
Sad.

Even as an unmotivated, mediocre conditioned, pretty inexperienced player under the tutelage of Isiah...

He had truly rare finesse, soft hands, and agility with post moves for a big 7ft'er.

He also was instrumental in the absolute rape of our franchise. And has been and is a lazy, fat bum collecting Isiah Thomas Welfare Checks along the way.

We also are loaded with bigs 10000x better and more deserving of minutes.

McFlurry can stay away from MSG and creep limo drivers to sodomize.

tiger0330

Legend
He is always injured so how can he play? Even if he is healthy, he will have difficulty finding playing time with 2 newly acquired big men and the possibility of a regular lineup of Stat and Randolph at the 4 and 5. My prediction is he doesn't get a minute of playing time and we buy him out sometime next February.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The fat turd should have his name lawfully changed to - Mr. Expiring Contract.
That's all he is now and it's his own fault.

He really is the anus of the NBA.

mafra

Legend
Sky was the limit for that kid. He had all the physical tools to become the next Shaq. He just didn't have the heart nor the head. "No cojones" as the hispanic community would put it. He is persona non grata in the NBA. He will never be..He WAS..No more. No mas..Gone and forgotten..

Amen. My father, who travelled alot to CHI on biz, told me the day we got Curry that his peeps in CHI told him Curry has NO HEART. Sorry for the pun, b/c of his health issues (heart) but tis true nonetheless.

Dude has no desire to be good. In fact, he doesn't even really enjoy basketball. I imagine he doesn't even like it. Just a tool to pay the bills (and he has bills). Not competitive, wont work or practice hard, and it's gotten so bad here in NY he shows up for practice w/out shoes.

FOR ALL THOSE EXPECTING SOMETHING FROM CURRY THIS YEAR, notice he hasn't even showed up in Vegas. Doesn't even plan to. You would think Curry would DO ANYTHING to endear himself to coach D'antoni. This is his contract year. His future depends on this. And LAZY EDDY is a no-show.

This coming for the dude who quit on this city, this team, and doesn't even get in shape.... when he does excercise he acts like he went above and beyond, when being in shape is the bare minimum you expect from an athlete making millions. After sitting out and riding bikes for months, he shows up and complains he rides the pine (even when his play hurts the team).

I would rather watch Mozgov and Jordan get eaten alive than play Curry for one minute. A shame too b/c if 2006 Curry showed up, along with STAT & Randolph, we would be impossible to defend.