Knicks now officially PHO East? D'ant has his players. Away we go?

mafra

Legend
You see it now.... the plan:

STAT will be STAT in D'ant's old PHO system.
RANDOLPH will be DIAW.
AZUBUIKE will play the BELL part.
FELTON casts himself in the role of NASH.
CHANDLER stars as the new MARION.
DOUGLAS = BARBOSA.

We have GALLO to play the role of Joe Johnson.
TURIAF the Kurt Thomas.
RAUTINS could be Jumaine Jones?
MOZGOV a Voskuhl type player?
FIELDS a new Jacobson version?

Finally, Mike has his players to run his system. Away we go.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I feel bad saying this, but this looks like a POOR MANS version of the Phoenix team :/

Chandler as Marion?
Felton as Nash?

Eh.... It's too early to say, but I think its safe to say that Felton won't be the two time MVP of the NBA.

mafra

Legend
I feel bad saying this, but this looks like a POOR MANS version of the Phoenix team :/

Chandler as Marion?
Felton as Nash?

Eh.... It's too early to say, but I think its safe to say that Felton won't be the two time MVP of the NBA.

Yeah, but we have the better front court b/c the mature STAT might be better than the immature STAT, and Randolph is better than Diaw.

Last year in DAL, Nash averaged 14.5 & 8.8. He averages 14.6 ppg for his career. Felton averaged 12.1 & 5.6 (but averages 13.3 ppg for his career).

CLEARLY Felton wont be winning MVP awards, but he's probably a better defender. Not the facillitator Nash is, but he's certainly quicker. I imagine he'll score more points than nash did. He wont be the 3-point shooter though, and probably not as clutch. But Felton has the heart of a lion, like Nash, and that's not something that can be taught.

Chandler is not the defensive presence Marion is but we have to hope that Wilson continues to blossom and grow under coach. His numbers shot up when D'ant arrived, and I expect him to take another step (leap) fwd now that we have more talent around him.

Is it too much to ask for another 3-5 points a game? Grab another 3-4 rebounds?

p0nder

Starter
I am excited to see what these players have added to their games over the offseason. I think Chandler is looking forward to being able to open up offensively with Stat getting double teamed it's going to leave lanes open for him. I hope he also improves his jump shot, that would make him a LOT more effective as a fit in this team.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Chandler as Marion?
Felton as Nash?

Exactly. Very poor. And please don't insult the old Knick warrior Kurt Thomas by putting him in the same sentence as Turiaf the Terrible.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Exactly. Very poor. And please don't insult the old Knick warrior Kurt Thomas by putting him in the same sentence as Turiaf the Terrible.

lmao....insult? kurt thomas is an old dirty player.

Turiaf better than Thomas

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mB3oKVA--Y&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mB3oKVA--Y&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>