Allen Iverson?

Scribbles

Rotation player
Is it possible?

Or did we diss him last year by taking back a contract offer in the final hour?

At this rate, why not?

Is he detrimental to the D'Antoni offense?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He wouldn't be detrimental to our success in the short-term, but he'd probably hinder the progress of our up and coming guards in the long term.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
we should say no to any ageing veterans that will only stunt the growth of the young players we have.

its a no for sure for me

Sage

Rotation player
We've got a pretty decent, young roster that more than anything this season will need playing time.

Might as well blood the young players now, AI as much as I love his game, wouldn't be a great fit as a "mentor" and would take playing time away from our youngsters who need that time.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I was for this before we signed Felton. We need to give the other minutes to Douglas. I'd love it if he played here, but I don't know if he'd fit with our roster now.

I rather have Iverson be in Philly the rest of his career. That'd be nice.

portega1968

El Cacique
we desperately need a 2guard, but we dont need an egomaniac... no to frustrated veterans watching out for their pocket more than their team

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Is it possible?

At this rate, why not?

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

this is the antithesis of the get shaq thread

while shaq brings locker room presence, veteran winning experience

iverson brings baggage, doubt, skepticism and fear

its like looking at the ex girl friends as the one you let get away and now is older, past her prime but is an amazing wife with beautiful kids and a past she can look back on and say

"dont you wish you kept me when I was younger"

thats shaq

iverson on the other hand is the girl who drags you through the mud because of her past relationships where she got cheated on, or was doing the cheating, you keep her around because shes hot and really good in bed, but in the long run you find out shes been calling your friends, still talking to her ex, and faking injuries just to stay home while your at work paying all the bills, eating up all your pizza and drinking your beer.

the knicks are fresh and new now
if you want a veteran player on your team you dont pick the one that you are going to say

"damn man, I should of seen the warning signs that this girl was going to be psycho, the moment she said she wants to score 20 ppg in this offense"

iverson = no.

Paul1355

All Star
Is it possible?

At this rate, why not?

hes not coming to ny, the ego factor would notbe accepted by mike d who shippe dout Marbury for that one reason.

Iverson is not even close to player he once was, did u see him in Philley? Did nothing.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Ya let him play 20 mins a game 13-15 at the 2 spot and 5-7 at point

Felton with play 30 mins at the point and douglas can 10ish and 10ish at the 2

i think the 2 guard will be a rotating position...Dantoni likes to switch starters every night by whos looking good( or who he likes..aka not Harrington or Nobinson) Weve got a nice collection of guards; and there are 92 minutes a game where we need guards to fill in

Paul1355

All Star
Ya let him play 20 mins a game 13-15 at the 2 spot and 5-7 at point

Felton with play 30 mins at the point and douglas can 10ish and 10ish at the 2

i think the 2 guard will be a rotating position...Dantoni likes to switch starters every night by whos looking good( or who he likes..aka not Harrington or Nobinson) Weve got a nice collection of guards; and there are 92 minutes a game where we need guards to fill in
How do you think the organization would look to add Iverson, use him in big minutes when he has not been an impact player in years, and take away minutes from guys like Douglas and Walker who have worked their hardest to get in shape....the atmosphere in the locker room would be BAD. Like Isiah Thomas part 2.

I would have made this move last year when we stunk, but now we actually look like we can make the playoffs if everyone does their job.

Bunta

Benchwarmer
I agree, if we were going to do it at all last year was the time. Not a lot of point in getting him now, he is a risk to chemistry and a risk to spend a lot of the season injured or tending family matters ect.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Now that we're actually about winning and not just waiting for free agency, how about NOT ruining that by bringing a team cancer on our team?

why would we ever do this? we are in the midst of having rising stars led by example stoudemire...we aren't bringing in washed up past prime trash to cancer our rising stars