Knicks have some interest in Shaq-could explore S&T possibilities

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks definitely should sign Shaq to keep him away from Miami and for him to be able to teach Eddy Curry toughness.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Okay Knicks brass, we get it...

How many more big men are we gonna sign?

But Id love to have Shaq's personalty on the team!!

How the hell he fits in our team and our coach, is beyond questionable....

knicksin60

Starter
How about trading for Steve Nash and reuniting the 2008 Suns? That team was so close to being one of the best team's in the NBA that year until the Spurs eliminated them.I don't see how the Knicks wouldn't win 60 games in the Eastern conference with the additions of Shaq and Nash.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I'm sure Amare is beaming at the possibility of playing with Shaq...NOT. I like our offseason how it is, let's not **** it up with stupid moves like this. Eddy Curry is hopeless, not even Shaq can teach him "heart". Shaq is way past his prime and has no place on this roster. He can go to Miami or whereever he chooses.

portega1968

El Cacique
no to Shaq please

he's spent his career talking trash about the Knicks, really hating the orange and blue... he wouldve never come to new york in his prime even if we gave him big money, so now he could take his fatass elsewhere

he's just looking to make money, doesnt give a damn about making any team he goes to, a winning team

he may have some things to bring, but those things will not translate to making us a better team in the long run

Id rather we bring in Ewing as an assistant coach to help Jordan and Mazgov develop a low post game, and give those rookies a real chance instead of having Shaq cancer our young ones

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Knicks have some interest in Shaquille O'Neal and may discuss a sign-and-trade option with #Cavs, league source says.

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/18562899786

Signing for the Vet minimum..
Sure why not...?

Shaq, C 7"
Stat PF 6'11
Randolph SF 6'11
Gallo SG 6'10
Felton PG 6'4

That's not a monkey p*ss line-up....Extremely BIG!!!! :peace:

Great half court set...
would probably get killed on run-outs though...maybe not..?

absolutely if we have a chance to get shaq we get him

it would be a huge signing in that with the big men we now have locked up we are no longer in need of a big man to clog the lane; therefore, if he was injured it wouldnt be an on the court loss, but off the court he would be as valuable an asset as any one scoring 20 ppgs in the league.

but could you imagine shaq tutoring the russian, and jordan, and the locker room persence of turiaf and oneal during half times when we are down ten, two players who have spent quality years playing with or being a champion.

same reason I argued for us getting kidd last year, or grant hill for the right price, we need winners and veterans to show every one what is up.

every one wonders why derek fischer gets so much love, i remember how upset the jazz were when they let him go to LA to attend to his daughter easier, every one recognize that there over 50 wins that year derek backed up deron will was attributed to what he brought to the locker room and practice and training camp and the impact it had on D will as a leader

Shaq is that mentor

for amare
for randolph
for gallo
for chandler
for felton
for mozgov
for jordan
for azabuikie
for douglas

i think you get the point

we have an incredibly youthful team but with youth comes immaturity

lets get the big apple

in the big apple

JCStone57

Rookie
Agreed to DerekHarper's point plus the fact he averaged a double-double in the 28 games he played under D'Antoni shows he was still productive in a style that isn't suited for him.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Has anyone been paying attention to how Shaq moves the last couple years? He will only sign with a team that has a legitimate chance at the title immediately. Why would he come here during the twilight years of his career when we're still only a 6th, 7th or 8th seed at best???

Paul1355

All Star
stay away from Shaq...heard on the knicksblog.com that this rumor is dead and that a Knicks official said it would never work, didnt we see what Shaq was in Phoenix?

Not happening