How many games do you think the Knicks will win next season?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
New York Knicks 2010-11 season

Worse Case: 34-48
Best Case: 40-42

Average Case: 37-45

Why?

The Knicks will go through growing pains to learn how to maximize from their players and team as a whole. I think they will make a run at the playoffs towards the end of the season. I also think Felton is a big plus and his addition gives the Knicks another 5-7 wins. Without Felton, the Knicks are probably no better than last year.

I do think that Amare's lack of defense is of major concern. The man cannot play man-on-man defense especially on the perimeter. So, if he has to guard a player that can play the high post, he is screwed. I would switch someone else on him. His post D is much better at least, but still not great. I would even say average to slight below average.

Amare is still an upgrade from Lee overall, disregarding rebounding ability. He is better offensively and defensively. Felton is an upgrade from Duhon and the other players are definitely an upgrade from last year. So, logically, the Knicks should win another 8-10 wins. But I cannot emphasize the chemistry enough. I can't but thing the Knicks will be 10 below at some point.

There are many teams better than the Knicks. Heat, Bulls, Bucks, Magic, Celtics, Hawks (especially if they resign Crawford) are all better. We will compete for the final 2 spots of the playoffs.

I hear all this hype, and it's great that Knicks fans are hopeful, as I am. How could you not be? We have cap flexibility. When was the last time the Knicks had any cap flexibility. Walsh has been known as a fiscally savvy GM, and the proof is in the pudding. I also like the enthusiasm with all these trade scenarios, which shows the creativity of NYK fans. But, in foresight, if you will, getting future (potential) free agents, namely Melo, CP3, DWill should be our goal.

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
I'm looking at the average case and I agree with everything you said. The Knicks need some experimenting to do in the beginning of the season. After the roster is intact and everyone knows their roles, they'll make a run at the playoffs. As much as I want them to make it, they probably won't due to the key improving acquisitions in the East that makes it even more competitive. Though the Knicks will make this season a promising and exciting one. I'm really looking forward to it and everything that leads up to it.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
We'll start the season looking games cause the team is young and not used to each other. But i think after the all star break we would make our run into the 7 or 8th spot.
before all star break 15 wins
after all star break 25? guess that's around 40 wins

some teams got better like the bulls, but some got worse cavs, toronto etc. so we have a great chance of making to the playoffs... my prediction

Orlando
Miami
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta
Milwaukee
are locked for the 1-6 spots
Knicks, 6ers, Wizards, maybe cavs fighting for the last 2 spots
maybe knicks 6ers as 7 and 8
That puts us against miami =D

Sage

Rotation player
Realistically I think the Knicks will go high 30s, 37 or thereabouts. If some of the close games go our way and the team can finish out the last 5 minutes of games then I think they could push for 42.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
I think 38-42 is a realistic guess; unless our team doesn't build a chemistry
We've got depth, youth and raw talent that we haven't had in 10 years; In the end two H atoms gotta find that O atom or it will be a total mess

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
some teams got better like the bulls, but some got worse cavs, toronto etc. so we have a great chance of making to the playoffs... my prediction

Orlando
Miami
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta
Milwaukee
are locked for the 1-6 spots

My prediction is that Knicks will fight with Milwaukee for the 6th place.
I don't see the bucks so stronger than the knicks, and this team fit a lot with D'antoni sysyem, much more than in the past.

paris401

Starter
i agree somewhere in the mid high 30's... so we have endured 2 years of walsh's shedding players/salaries for maybe a 500 record....

fukin great walsh.... we could have kept the mormon or the moron for this bullshit...

i see us fighting for 7th or 8th seed..

my guess is we make the 7th seed and play Miami first round

in which amare makes bosh his bitch

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
New York Knicks 2010-11 season

Worse Case: 34-48
Best Case: 40-42

Average Case: 37-45

Why?

The Knicks will go through growing pains to learn how to maximize from their players and team as a whole. I think they will make a run at the playoffs towards the end of the season. I also think Felton is a big plus and his addition gives the Knicks another 5-7 wins. Without Felton, the Knicks are probably no better than last year.

I do think that Amare's lack of defense is of major concern. The man cannot play man-on-man defense especially on the perimeter. So, if he has to guard a player that can play the high post, he is screwed. I would switch someone else on him. His post D is much better at least, but still not great. I would even say average to slight below average.

Amare is still an upgrade from Lee overall, disregarding rebounding ability. He is better offensively and defensively. Felton is an upgrade from Duhon and the other players are definitely an upgrade from last year. So, logically, the Knicks should win another 8-10 wins. But I cannot emphasize the chemistry enough. I can't but thing the Knicks will be 10 below at some point.

There are many teams better than the Knicks. Heat, Bulls, Bucks, Magic, Celtics, Hawks (especially if they resign Crawford) are all better. We will compete for the final 2 spots of the playoffs.

I hear all this hype, and it's great that Knicks fans are hopeful, as I am. How could you not be? We have cap flexibility. When was the last time the Knicks had any cap flexibility. Walsh has been known as a fiscally savvy GM, and the proof is in the pudding. I also like the enthusiasm with all these trade scenarios, which shows the creativity of NYK fans. But, in foresight, if you will, getting future (potential) free agents, namely Melo, CP3, DWill should be our goal.

I could easily see them at 500 (41 and 41)..anything less than that is dissapointing. There is a ton of bad teams in the NBA and now you can throw the CAV's in that pile. Phoenix now beatable, UTah now beatable..
Toronto, still stinks....the list goes on....I'm looking for a very nice year... and some fun in the playoffs...
TITLE run next year...:peace:

p0nder

Starter
I think 40-45 is being reasonable. 35-40 being borderline unacceptable...

I would hope for 45-50 but that is unlikely unless everyone gets on the same page quickly in this system of D'ant's and things just click with Felton, Amar'e and the rest of the crew.

I know some people might think that is too optimistic but I think we have the right weapons in place to make a run at the 6th spot. I do not think the Bucks are better then us, despite everyone falling in love with Bogut and Jennings, I think they will slump this year (even if both are healthy and playing).

I only place the Heat, Magic, and Celtics ahead in talent and the Hawks and Bulls in the same category. Both of those teams (ATL, CHI) are better prepared for this season. But only because they have had their core for a number of years now and have the chemistry we will need to build early on. I see no reason we can't compete for the #6 spot and being very competitive in the latter part of the season and the playoffs.

jimkcchief88

All Star
30-35 wins. Sorry to burst the collective bubble, but this team is talent-wise about the same as last year. Like Hometheater Guy says: the definition of INSANITY is to do the same thing and expect different results.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Ok you have to recall last year to realize the 45 I posted was a joke, and I'm not waving the championship banner yet by any stretch, but to say our talent is the same as last year is a bit shocking... Randolph, Turiaf, randon Russian dude, whoever, is already an improvement on the center position, I love David but I can't imagine arguing Lee as a better player than Amare, Gallo should hopefully have taken another step forward whether small or large and will have Wilson and Bill pushing him for pt at the 3 and potentially randolph minutes there too, Azubuike when healthy is a pretty good 2, Felton vs Duhon I better not have to explain... so what, we lost Lee for a slight upgrade, we ditched the worst starting pg in the league for a top 12 pg, we added size and we lost what? Chuckington's scoring prowess? I'm not labelling us as a threat but to set the bar as low as 30-35 wins is pretty awful, you have to also consider Cavs for example were a solid 4 losses for us that should become 4 wins, don't be such a debby downer man

upheaval

Rookie
1st post here....hi everyone.

i'd like to see a .500 team, but expect no more than 40 wins and an early exit as the 8th seed.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
30-35 wins. Sorry to burst the collective bubble, but this team is talent-wise about the same as last year. Like Hometheater Guy says: the definition of INSANITY is to do the same thing and expect different results.

How are we the same as last year

-Felton is better than Duhon and Rodriguez
-Amare is better than Lee
-Azubuike is better than House
-Randolph and Turiaf are better than Giddens and Bender.
Plus add the fact that Chandler and Gallinari are going to improve. How are we the same team ????

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
I'll do 1 better

Put both me and JPZ down for 45 wins... how many? 45!!!

I see you and JPZ's 45 and raise you 1

I see 46-50 wins that would be an increase of 17-20 wins maybe a stretch. But, I have faith in this line up and I really believe we are gonna Finally do the Raping and Pry Melo from the Nuggets sometime around CHRISTMAS:thumbsup:.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
How are we the same as last year

-Felton is better than Duhon and Rodriguez
-Amare is better than Lee
-Azubuike is better than House
-Randolph and Turiaf are better than Giddens and Bender.
Plus add the fact that Chandler and Gallinari are going to improve. How are we the same team ????

I agree, I don't know how you can say this team is the same talent-wise. Whether they play up to their talent level is yet to be seen.

jpz17

Starter
I see you and JPZ's 45 and raise you 1

I see 46-50 wins that would be an increase of 17-20 wins maybe a stretch. But, I have faith in this line up and I really believe we are gonna Finally do the Raping and Pry Melo from the Nuggets sometime around CHRISTMAS:thumbsup:.

Wait since when did I post in this thread lol