Our big trio might be the big dou

According to sources close to the nuggets,carmelo is "seriously" considering signing the 3 year $65 million dollar contract offer from the nuggets.Also their are rumors that chris paul is kicking and screaming about hornets improving the roster.Lastly we must rememeber that carmelo has one of the best coaches who came back from throat cancer so he may want want to stick around to win some for the poor fella so alot of things can be factored into this but MELO is from brooklyn so dont sleep on NYC.BTW spelled duo wrong my fault.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
who knows... rudy gay and joe johnson and whats his name should send the knickerbocksers money because without out the NY interest who gives a flying fuk about these guys.... they are the guys that made out... knickerbockers have to figure out a way to get home gown

New New York

Quiet Storm
I hate to say it....but Melo and Toney Parker are using the "Pimp The Knicks into more money from my current team" method!

Too many players have used our media to scare their current teams into contracts and extensions (see Joe Johnson, Jason Kidd).

3 years 65 million is not going to cut it and the idea of Melo walking away and getting nothing will result in a 5 year 90+ million soon enough

The same will happen w/ Parker.

Bunta

Benchwarmer
Of course he is considring it, he would be a damn fool not to! Any time some one throws that sort of money at you you would have to consider it, doesnt mean he will take it though

shaolin

Benchwarmer
preliminary reports - I am not impressed.

That offer is going to be on the table until July 1. I think the CBA might be the primary reason Melo signs the extension.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
who knows... rudy gay and joe johnson and whats his name should send the knickerbocksers money because without out the NY interest who gives a flying fuk about these guys.... they are the guys that made out... knickerbockers have to figure out a way to get home gown

Exactly..

I still dont know why we didnt sign David Lee, since we couldnt sign LJ.

He was home grown, hustler, loved playing here, and he was a 20 and 10 guy every night... And he costs half of that Amare costed....

Exactly..

He was home grown, hustler, loved playing here, and he was a 20 and 10 guy every night... And he costs half of that Amare costed....
Amar'e was a pre-requisite for James. Without signing him there was no shot at signing LeBron. Lee and Stoudemire and both 4's. So instead of having guys play out of position every night like last year, Walsh turned Lee into three bodies and two picks. Love Lee but I'll take the deal.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
According to sources close to the nuggets,carmelo is "seriously" considering signing the 3 year $65 million dollar contract offer from the nuggets.

where did you hear that? i was really close to news lately but couldn't find ANYTHING on a carmelo/nuggets extension except the report that came out earlier this month, before the lebron saga, which said that the nuggets want to give anthony an extension. things changed afterwards

Toons

is the Bo$$
where did you hear that? i was really close to news lately but couldn't find ANYTHING on a carmelo/nuggets extension except the report that came out earlier this month, before the lebron saga, which said that the nuggets want to give anthony an extension. things changed afterwards

So, Chauncey. You think Melo is going to take the extension?

"He better, or he's going to have a problem on his hands when he sees me," Chauncey Billups said with a chuckle.

Sources close to Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony have said that he expects to accept the team's offer of a three-year, $65 million contract extension, and Billups said Tuesday he shares that confidence.

"I'm hoping he does. I know Melo loves Denver, it's pretty much home and I think that he will (sign the extension)," Billups said by phone from Las Vegas, where the Nuggets guard is practicing with Team USA. "But I've seen stranger things. . . . All I can do is be hopeful."

denver post

dassknick

Benchwarmer
So, Chauncey. You think Melo is going to take the extension?

"He better, or he's going to have a problem on his hands when he sees me," Chauncey Billups said with a chuckle.

Sources close to Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony have said that he expects to accept the team's offer of a three-year, $65 million contract extension, and Billups said Tuesday he shares that confidence.

"I'm hoping he does. I know Melo loves Denver, it's pretty much home and I think that he will (sign the extension)," Billups said by phone from Las Vegas, where the Nuggets guard is practicing with Team USA. "But I've seen stranger things. . . . All I can do is be hopeful."

denver post

Billups will be 34 when the season starts, he won't be around long into that 3 year extension.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
F D LEE Already

Exactly..

People he is gone.. and quite frankly im getting annoyed we UPGRADED PERIOD.. who cares how much DLEE likes the Knicks it is time to move on...if you want to waste your free time watching the GSW and him than do so but, this is a knicks forum and LEE is no longer a knick. I like lee as a role player if he really wanted to stay he should of took the 7-8 a yr last year **** HIM...he aint worth 13million but, got lucky good for him I am soooooo glad we are not paying him that mONEY COULD YOU IMAGINE OMG. Guys I am a season ticket holder and watch all the games as im sure you all do at home or wherever Lee is a great rebouder at the Expense of Defense he litterally leaves his Man to get the rebound nva really fronting or manning up on his assignment...I am glad his game is gone he sucks overall PERIOD.. anyone that rebounds can put up his numbers in this system......

AMARE NEXT year 26ppg , 10 rpg, 3 apg & 1.5 blks will get us into the Playoffs

LEE 16-18 ppg, 11-12 Rpg 4 Apg & 0.2 Blks LEE sucks Monta is a ball hog you will see the True DLEE next year not a DLEE in an Offense that chucks therefore creating mass rebounds DUH wake the F up ppl and be happy we no longer have him......

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
According to sources close to the nuggets,carmelo is "seriously" considering signing the 3 year $65 million dollar contract offer from the nuggets.Also their are rumors that chris paul is kicking and screaming about hornets improving the roster.Lastly we must rememeber that carmelo has one of the best coaches who came back from throat cancer so he may want want to stick around to win some for the poor fella so alot of things can be factored into this but MELO is from brooklyn so dont sleep on NYC.BTW spelled duo wrong my fault.

This is why I said in other threads that we can NOT just sit around and stop trying to move forward with the slightest hope of signing a player.... We make an offer or we try to keep putting pieces together that can help this team. I know Melo is a free agent and we can only try to engage Denver in a trade but we have to continue trying to acquire pieces that make this team better.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
You an Azz

How the Hell does him "seriously" considering signing the extension going to turn out to be Our big Duo...You make no sense look in the mirror and SMACK YOURSELF....

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
the new front line looks way stronger on paper than last years... i loved d.l.'s work habits and attitude but its hard to know what kind of numbers he puts up with a.s and say labberron beside him... i know he would totally have held his own in the hustle department but for sure his numbers would be different. i'm looking forward to seeing the new front line get out on the break... could be interesting. are we going to challenge for a playoff spot??? a big maybe...... go knickerbockers

this is according to examiner.com