Who has better upside?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Gallo or Randolph? They are both young, long and have tremendous potential. I like them both but think one of them needs to go in a trade to sure up another position.

I think it's close but I have to give it to AR. The guy has the potential to be a beast on both ends of the floor, a complete player with hops and athleticism. This guy can guard almost any position and once his jumper is consistent he will be very hard to stop.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Gallo added more versatility to his game when he was able to put the ball to the floor and finish at the basket. If he can develop a game where he puts the ball on the floor more consistent while still being a deadly sniper, he has more upside than AR to me.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
AR can be a shot blocking game changer, I'd take a chance on him. D wins big games, always will IMO.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This is a good question that probably needs to be addressed from several angles. I think total, overall upside, Randolph is higher than Gallo.

But if we're talking about trades to get CP3, and the type of system we would play with CP3, then Gallo is the better complimentary choice. If we are talking about running this system with CP3 and Amare, the pick-and-roll will obviously be a staple in the offensive playbook. In order to have the pick-and-roll work more effectively, an outside shooter on the wing (Gallo) is the better option. It would also be likely that we would have to take Okafur's contract as well, rendering Randolph a bench player.

Unless of course Randolph either develops a deadly 3-point shot (unlikely) or adds a lot of muscle/mass for him to play Center on a consistent basis. A run-and-gun with Paul + Amare + Randolph is scary. But we would still need to find a good spot up shooter.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Randolph reminds me of Camby when he first got here as far as raw talent that's ready to bud.

If he can handle the rock like Lamar Odom, man o' man....

He also needs to work on his shot a little more.

Well, I know Gallo has had his chances and lawd knows D'Antonio made sure of that. Rarely have I've been impressed with Gallo. He has no rythm in his game, and is way too stricky to depend on. For a guy with his height, he should be able to bang the boards and learned how to make a decent hook shot by now. He also lacks defense, I don't know how many times I've seen him flat footed while getting scored on. If all he can do is knock down a three here and there...send him packing. If the new recruits play a much better role and/or display a better all around game... then the choice should be obvious.

metrocard

Legend
Randolph, but I feel like this could be the best duo in the NBA if they both reach their prime, they compliment each other's weaknesses and their styles don't clash...a perfect SF/PF + SF/C blend/combination.

skisloper

Starter
Well, I know Gallo has had his chances and lawd knows D'Antonio made sure of that. Rarely have I've been impressed with Gallo. He has no rythm in his game, and is way too stricky to depend on. For a guy with his height, he should be able to bang the boards and learned how to make a decent hook shot by now. He also lacks defense, I don't know how many times I've seen him flat footed while getting scored on. If all he can do is knock down a three here and there...send him packing. If the new recruits play a much better role and/or display a better all around game... then the choice should be obvious.

Remember Gallo is 21. He has played on a losing team with no superstar. He has played with players looking for a new contract. There has not been a single player on the court who could teach and improve Gallo's game from that viewpoint. He is 6-10 and has proven he will go toe to toe and not back down.
He is such a perfect player for a championship team. Throw Amare and Paul with him and this guy will only get better.

without doubt a choose Gallo.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is a tough one since I think they can both be all-stars in this league.

Randolph is a 7-footer with length and INSANE athleticism

Gallo is a 6'10" Forward with an amazing outside shot

It's a tough sell between these two but I think Randolph is better

KBlack25

Starter
Personally, I think Randolph's ceiling is higher...but I think Gallo is safer. Randolph I think is a boom-or-bust, Gallo you basically know about what you are going to get from him...

clumsy

Rotation player
AR has the better upside

....ridiculous athletic players with freakishly long limbs always are higher upside players as they can probably excel in more systems. The problem is he has low bball IQ right now and i dont' think this system will give him more discipline. Basically we will find out with him....if he gets it together he is unstoppable.

Gallo on the other hand is lacking the upper echelon athleticism, coordination to become great in my opinion. He will always be a good player however.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Randolph, but I feel like this could be the best duo in the NBA if they both reach their prime, they compliment each other's weaknesses and their styles don't clash...a perfect SF/PF + SF/C blend/combination.

Seriously... these two should NOT be split up... It would be another move we will regret in time. I'm sick of not having players who don't have REAL chemistry on our team and these two can def grow up 2gether and flourish in Coach's system. Take note of OKC... u have real chemistry and guys willing to bust their asses for each other.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
AR & Gallo

If we can get Paul without giving up either of Gallo or AR, then, obviously, I am all for it. But I do not want to lose either one. They could be really good together for several years.