Houston next Knicks GM?

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Former New York Knicks shooting guard Allan Houston is the front-runner to be the team's next general manager under team president Donnie Walsh, according to league sources.

Walsh would neither confirm nor deny Houston's status. "He is working with me to learn the position of GM, whether with the Knicks or elsewhere," Walsh said. "I feel Allan has the tools to be a great GM."

Sources said both owner James Dolan and coach Mike D'Antoni are comfortable with Houston, who is currently listed as the team's special assistant to the president.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5401779

He's a smart stand up guy but idk about us being his first GM job.

p0nder

Starter
He worked the knicks for the most ridiculous contract. If he can bring that kind of salesmanship to the table, then I think he does have the right kind of tools.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I think he's the right option for the job, he knows the game and he knows the Knicks, which is the most important for me.
Of course, we'll see if he has what it takes when contracts and trades are on the table...
Just to imagine that Isiah is being considered again makes me sick, so Houston needs to be the man!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ughh! Noooo!! This is Dolan again. I just don't see Alan Houston as a innovative GM that can hustle other GMs. And how much do we know about Houston's ability to evaluate talent? I get the feeling Houston will be like Layden. I would much rather have Kevin Pritchard.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I just feel this is the wrong time... Everything right now is so crucial for our future that Donnie should handle things for the next 2-3 years (idk what his contract is) and then once we are a consistent playoff team then give the keys up.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Ughh! Noooo!! This is Dolan again. I just don't see Alan Houston as a innovative GM that can hustle other GMs. And how much do we know about Houston's ability to evaluate talent? I get the feeling Houston will be like Layden. I would much rather have Kevin Pritchard.

This right here

I like allan houston but I do not think he is ready to be a gm unless somebody can say why, and prove me to change my mind!

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer

Id rather have Houston than Isiah. But, I really want Pritchard. He built a nice team of young, quality players with good potential with Portland. He is a perfect GM for rebuilding, which is really what we are at the moment. A rebuilding team.

Although if Houston is ultimately the choice, I'd rather see him learn under Donnie for a couple years or 2 and then take over the position.

ah

I like it, dont love it. I really like that houston is homegrown well loved in ny, but is he ready.... we will find out. Donnie is still running the show but houston is going to do a great job making sure players are happy and luring in talent. I love what alan hahn said today and that is keep the home grown talent. KEEP GALLO and promote houston. NYK!!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
As long as Thomas is not coming back then all will be well. Allan should do well and has handled the pressure NY put on him as a player so he should be able to handle the pressure that will bestowed upon him as a GM. Can he wheel and deal with the rest of the GM's...well he got us for a nifty contract as a player so let's give him a shot.....Homegrown I like that!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i like the move actually he's played in NY and he knows what it takes to win in NY more importantly he knows what kind of players it takes to be successful in NY. It's the perfect fit. I'd love this to happen worked with Dumars in Detroit when he took over and bulit a defensive championship team so knowing the organization works out

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i like the move actually he's played in NY and he knows what it takes to win in NY more importantly he knows what kind of players it takes to be successful in NY. It's the perfect fit. I'd love this to happen worked with Dumars in Detroit when he took over and bulit a defensive championship team so knowing the organization works out

And then he took it apart by giving Rip Hamilton an extension, trading Chauncey, and signing Ben Gordon and Charlie freaking Villanueva.

I like the idea of Houston at GM, but it can backfire. Pritchard is a much safer bet.

jpz17

Starter
I'm fine with it honestly.. I don't see why not. Plenty of players make decent GMs, minus Steve Kerr and Isiah

iJoe

Rotation player
Houston is Dolan's favorite pet. The guy absolutely adores him and awarded him that ridiculous contract. I swear he'd have his babies if he could.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
And then he took it apart by giving Rip Hamilton an extension, trading Chauncey, and signing Ben Gordon and Charlie freaking Villanueva.

I like the idea of Houston at GM, but it can backfire. Pritchard is a much safer bet.

yea but the team was heading toward a downfall i guess he sped it up loll. and Pritchard did built a great team but the lets be serious they arent championship worthy. im not taking anything away from the guy but we get Houston he knows what it takes he's been hear and gotten close to winning hear and he was successful in NY which is tough to do in itself so he knows what kind or person( let alone player ) it takes to be great in NY. Pritchard doesnt so it may not be as successful as it seems loll. Houston has my vote, plus he'll be under the watchful eye of Walsh so he'll have guidance so im onboard:gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Pritchard built a great team in a small market - can you really expect more? He drafted well, made good trades...

For example he was smart enough to dump Z-Bo's salary on Isiah

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Kevin Pritchard :thumbsup:

His track record with drafts and trade is amazing.
As much as i love Houston, he is still too inexperience, I think he could learn a lot
from pritchard and become a gm later on.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
in not saying Pritchard wouldnt be great i think he's a great GM all im saying is Houston wont be as bad as we think, he's been in on some of these trades and has be been Walsh's no.2 for awhile he must have been part of something loll.