This is about more than CP3/LBJ

WrongIslander

Rotation player
or any other 3 letter accronym that has the talent to make people want to lose their minds.

When NY gutted their team to make a run at LBJ it was a necessary move, we needed to start again and LeBron was the most sensible piece to add given he was the best realistic available option to turn around a franchise.

As we all know it didn't happen and would have been a complete failure were it not for the excellent moves made to acquire a TEAM that can compete and has massive upside. We were all happy, we finally had our respect and hope back. Now we want to throw that away?

Gallo or Randolph, that's the debate now apparently, which one do we give up? My answer is neither. We should be telling these kids they are the franchise, we have faith in their ridiculous potential and we should be telling Gallo that we realise last year was a blip due to chuckers and mercenaries being his team mate. Then again speaking of these mercenaries, what could we really expect? They knew they were trade bait and there was no loyalty to them so why should we have expected it back? It's easy to say for the money but pro sports doesn't work like that, especially not these days.

All I've heard is LBJ sold out and while I believe that is that not exactly wha t NYK do everytime a rumour of a player being unhappy occurs? From fans to management we are always looking for the BBD (bigger better deal) and we are quick to forget what we have and how important LOYALTY is.

I want to see this Knicks team kept together (apart from Curry obviously he had his chance) I want to see it grow and accomplish great things as each player safe in the knowledge they are wanted blossom and build a team spirit that is essential to a winning franchise. I want to see the pride and the passion return to NYC where all that mattered was not who was the best player but that they gave their all for the jersey.

If NY has any chance of being taken seriously now or in the future we have to stop fawning over every talented player like a teenage girl with their latest crush. Give respect, get respect.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I absolutely love that last line. And I agree wholeheartedly; I've been saying all this time "if we can't get CP3 for just Curry, Chandler, and Douglas then forget about him." There is absolutely no need to gut your team to meet NO's demands to get a premiere player and some baggage when you can have some young players with potential through the roof. If they meet that potential you have a budding dynasty on your hands because you'd still have cap space and flexibility to add more.

Why can't we follow the Spurs model of, draft/trade well, develop talent, add a few missing pieces via FA? Why are we always trying to hit the home run when an RBI double will suffice?

mafra

Legend
Well, the SPURS model works if you "luck" into the #1 pick in a year where a Tim Duncan enters the draft. Of course it helped (in 1999), after our 1st round horror of drafting Weiss over Artest, the Knicks gave SA a solid drafting JR Koch in the 2nd round (Spurs took Manu Ginobili a few picks later).

HOWEVER, I do agree with this post. Unless Demps pulls a Mchale-West, and just hooks up his former employer (Demps worked for Knicks), then it really makes no sense for NY to pull off this trade.

AT MOST, Knicks could send Randolph or Gallo (only 1), along with Chandler, Douglas & Turiaf.

If they have to surrender Curry (expiring contract) to take back Okafor, then we are back stuck in cap hell.

If they have to give BOTH Randolph & Gallo, along with Chandler, then we don't have much to surround Paul-STAT with.

Knowing our luck, we trade the house and Paul comes in and blows out his knees.

SO, stay the course. We finally got out of debt, so let's not go waste all our credit in one shopping spree... plz!

Let Amar'e establish himself as a leader; Give Felton a shot to prove what he can do in this system; allow wiggle room for Gallo-Randolph to develop; See what kind of heart Douglas has, and hope that Chandler can put it all together and bring it consistently (night-to-night basis); Hope Turiaf-Azubuike are fully healthy, and see what kind of effort Fields-Mozgov-Jordan-Ewing-Garcia-Rautins can bring in practice.

THAT IS WHAT THIS YEAR SHOULD BE ABOUT, no?

The pieces are in place. Let's grow this year and see if we can garner an invite to the post season; and then give it a shot. REALIZE 2010 is all about MIA-LAL collision course, and concede that. Let the CHI-ORL take their shot at the champ, and see if our young guns could scare them in May.

If Melo truly wants to be here; let him continue on his path to freedom (simply do not sign Xtension). We'll let Curry fade to darkness next Summer, and then give Anthony the Max.

Felton might not be as good as Paul, but he's close enough to serviceable. If we give away Randolph and Gallo, then we have no players to bring what they bring, and thus have no players to surround the stars with.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I do the trade on the condition that i don't have to take back okafur and trade curry and then screw the cap situation once again. Everyone seems to forget that pg's are hard to come by, and injury or no injury Chris Paul is still a Top 3 pg in the league if not the best pg. I understand the philosophy of building teams of the draft and developing talent, but how can u pass up on this type of talent if you have the chance to get him. If there is any way you can pull of this trade and have CP3/Stat this year and then still have a chance to go out next year and get a top free agent you do it. If is screws your cap again, dont do it, simple as that.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Let Amar'e establish himself as a leader; Give Felton a shot to prove what he can do in this system; allow wiggle room for Gallo-Randolph to develop; See what kind of heart Douglas has, and hope that Chandler can put it all together and bring it consistently (night-to-night basis); Hope Turiaf-Azubuike are fully healthy, and see what kind of effort Fields-Mozgov-Jordan-Ewing-Garcia-Rautins can bring in practice.

THAT IS WHAT THIS YEAR SHOULD BE ABOUT, no?

YES This year should only be about that. However, some "fans" people of this Forum choose to make this year about CP3, LBJ, how to beat Miami Heat etc.

Im sure our team will succeed this season. I do not mean they will win a championship, but they will make the playoffs and maybe get through 1st round.

And thats a success compared to our last God knows how many seasons....

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Rome wasn't built in a day and winning is a culture, a culture we will never return to if we continue to shop young talent like they mean nothing as with that reputation who will really want to play for us?

This is where D'Antoni (whom I like) should be earning his dollars. He should come out in the press and say, management can say what they like this is the team I want and I believe in each and every single one of them.

We don't NEED CP3 or LBJ or anyone else on those lines if it means gutting our young talent. The same people saying the new big 3 wouldn't have enough depth are the same people bizarrely willing to trade the farm for their own?

Let's have a bit of CLASS, let's stick by what we have and get behind them and if Paul ends up here then so be it, if Melo wants to be here he has an open door. They should be the ones moving heaven and earth to come here if that is what they want, not the other way around.

We are the New York Knicks, the single greatest franchise in sports in mine and many others opinions (if not the most succesful) so let's start acting like it.

Learn from the LBJ lesson and concentrate on what we have and getting the best out of them.

Blumatic

Rotation player
NO NO NO. This is about winning. Those days of growing into a team is not over but its not ideal.

You have to follow the trend of the league. I refuse to have the Heat do what they did wins championships after Championship (Lakers have about 2 years left, only one if Phil leaves after this year). Have Amar'e's prime years wasted away while LBJ shits on NY every year. NO THANKS.

I want to keep a home grown I do. I hope we keep Galllo. But Lets get these big guys.

iJoe

Rotation player
NO NO NO. This is about winning. Those days of growing into a team is not over but its not ideal.

You have to follow the trend of the league. I refuse to have the Heat do what they did wins championships after Championship (Lakers have about 2 years left, only one if Phil leaves after this year). Have Amar'e's prime years wasted away while LBJ shits on NY every year. NO THANKS.

I want to keep a home grown I do. I hope we keep Galllo. But Lets get these big guys.

If this is about winning, then trading away all of our future pieces for media stars isn't the answer anyway.

The trend of the league? Its a couple of teams that got extremely lucky. Miami had Wade spy on all the other teams all while he convinced the other guys to be the balls of his wiener. Lakers got extremely lucky getting Gasol for nothing, Celtics got lucky getting Garnett for an overrated Jefferson.

Why not just hire Isiah back and give away all our talent again? We would have a great team right now if we kept our draft picks and didn't make all those retard moves.

In essence, if there is a great move and we don't give up much (i.e. getting Paul by only giving up Douglas, Chandler, Curry, and limited draft picks without taking on Okafor) DO IT! If not, don't be an Isiah and keep selling the house.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
100% agree; not to mention its a slap in the face for our brandnew potential all start caliber point guard

Like another poster said Rome wasnt built in a day; that goes for New York too

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
The Knicks haven't won a championship in over 30 years and haven't been competitive in over a decade. Maybe the waiting game willl work in another franchise but not here in NY. Basketball has slowly lost its luster for me over the past 8-10 years because the Knicks have been god awful. We need a team that can compete for a championship now, not 3 years from now when the NBA is facing a lockout or whatever it is. I will be the first to admit I'm not a huge basketball fan anymore and as the years go by I'm become less and less interested. But I want to be interested... Also you talk about developing talent, I'm fine with that, but when you have a chance to get the best pg in the nba, u do it.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
If this is about winning, then trading away all of our future pieces for media stars isn't the answer anyway.

The trend of the league? Its a couple of teams that got extremely lucky. Miami had Wade spy on all the other teams all while he convinced the other guys to be the balls of his wiener. Lakers got extremely lucky getting Gasol for nothing, Celtics got lucky getting Garnett for an overrated Jefferson.

Why not just hire Isiah back and give away all our talent again? We would have a great team right now if we kept our draft picks and didn't make all those retard moves.

In essence, if there is a great move and we don't give up much (i.e. getting Paul by only giving up Douglas, Chandler, Curry, and limited draft picks without taking on Okafor) DO IT! If not, don't be an Isiah and keep selling the house.

Exactly man.

The New York Knicks do have a LEGACY, on the other hand, Lebron, CP3, do not have a legacy.

We gotta maintain our credibility ... An no its not all about winning. Its about creating a competitive team ... ;)

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The Knicks haven't won a championship in over 30 years and haven't been competitive in over a decade. Maybe the waiting game willl work in another franchise but not here in NY. Basketball has slowly lost its luster for me over the past 8-10 years because the Knicks have been god awful. We need a team that can compete for a championship now, not 3 years from now when the NBA is facing a lockout or whatever it is.

None of what you said really means anything. There's no was for the Knicks to realistically compete for a championship now, adding CP3 and trading away the role players and overall team depth doesn't equal a championship, it equals a team with very little wiggle room and they have to sign a bunch of vet. minimum contracts. That's not exactly the fast track to a title.

And a lockout is usually for one season, and it's the season when there is no CBA between the players' association and the league itself. Why the hell would there be a lockout 3 years from now when the current CBA runs out after this season and they're allegedly trying to work out another one?

You strike me as one of those people who has the extremest attitude, and then to try to back up your statements you pick topics that you know very little about and say "see!! see!! this is why the Knicks should trade all of their young talent now and get CP3....the lockout in 2013!!!"

There's no way for us to be a championship contender this year, but in 2 seasons if we suddenly have a 29 year old STAT, a 23 year old Randolph, and a 23 (i think) year old Gallo, all playing at a high level, raping people in the paint and from the perimeter; we'd be set to make Finals runs for the nest few seasons. So take your "we haven't won in 30 years, so we should make moves that could cost us another decade of no rings" and get outta here with that.

I'll be satisfied with no ring this year because of youth and a lack of experience, because when those inexperienced young players become seasoned vets, with the potential that Gallo and Randolph has, we'll be knee deep in other teams' asses in a few seasons.

Edit: and I just checked out your profile on here and you weren't on this planet 30 years ago so stop acting like you're longing for the days of when the Knicks raised the championship banner to the rafters because you weren't even here when it happened. I hate when people do that. It's like "man...back in the day when Wilt was playing....things were diff" you ask the person how old they are and they're 20. Come on...

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
None of what you said really means anything. There's no was for the Knicks to realistically compete for a championship now, adding CP3 and trading away the role players and overall team depth doesn't equal a championship, it equals a team with very little wiggle room and they have to sign a bunch of vet. minimum contracts. That's not exactly the fast track to a title.

And a lockout is usually for one season, and it's the season when there is no CBA between the players' association and the league itself. Why the hell would there be a lockout 3 years from now when the current CBA runs out after this season and they're allegedly trying to work out another one?

You strike me as one of those people who has the extremest attitude, and then to try to back up your statements you pick topics that you know very little about and say "see!! see!! this is why the Knicks should trade all of their young talent now and get CP3....the lockout in 2013!!!"

There's no way for us to be a championship contender this year, but in 2 seasons if we suddenly have a 29 year old STAT, a 23 year old Randolph, and a 23 (i think) year old Gallo, all playing at a high level, raping people in the paint and from the perimeter; we'd be set to make Finals runs for the nest few seasons. So take your "we haven't won in 30 years, so we should make moves that could cost us another decade of no rings" and get outta here with that.

I'll be satisfied with no ring this year because of youth and a lack of experience, because when those inexperienced young players become seasoned vets, with the potential that Gallo and Randolph has, we'll knee deep in teams' asses in a few seasons.

Edit: and I just checked out your profile on here and you weren't on this planet 30 years ago so stop acting like you're longing for the days of when the Knicks raised the championship banner to the rafters because you weren't even here when it happened. I hate when people do that. It's like "man...back in the day when Wilt was playing....things were diff" you ask the person how old they are and they're 20. Come on...

Your a morun. First off just because i created an account not long ago doesn't mean crap. I just rather do something more productive with my life once and a while then spend ever day of my life posting on Knicks forums. You don't know what true basketball is when there were rivalries and players enjoyed competing against each other and not joining each other. You are probably one of those newage idiot fans who roots for players instead of teams. It's stupid mentalities like yours that make ownership do absolutely nothing when they have an opportunity of a lifetime. I've seen enough of the Knicks current Roster Galo, Curry, Chandler, e.t.c... to know that none of them will ever be better than just average players so let's not act like we would be trading away future superstars here or something. The only thing I would not do is take back a big contract like Okafur and not have any flexability for next year in terms of the cap. If you have a chance to have Stat/Chris Paul/Melo in your team for the 2011 season you do whatever it takes to make it happen. Chris Paul is a top 3 pg in the league, you do what it takes to get him this year and make sure you keep flexibility for next year, bottom line... Now go troll somewhere else, this is a board of opinions. If you can't handle mine then gtfo

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Your a morun. First off just because i created an account not long ago doesn't mean crap. I just rather do something more productive with my life once and a while then spend ever day of my life posting on Knicks forums. You don't know what true basketball is when there were rivalries and players enjoyed competing against each other and not joining each other. You are probably one of those newage idiot fans who roots for players instead of teams. It's stupid mentalities like yours that make ownership do absolutely nothing when they have an opportunity of a lifetime. I've seen enough of the Knicks current Roster Galo, Curry, Chandler, e.t.c... to know that none of them will ever be better than just average players so let's not act like we would be trading away future superstars here or something. The only thing I would not do is take back a big contract like Okafur and not have any flexability for next year in terms of the cap. If you have a chance to have Stat/Chris Paul/Melo in your team for the 2011 season you do whatever it takes to make it happen. Chris Paul is a top 3 pg in the league, you do what it takes to get him this year and make sure you keep flexibility for next year, bottom line... Now go troll somewhere else, this is a board of opinions. If you can't handle mine then gtfo

To be honest, I didn't read half of that. I'm not trolling. I was talking about the date of birth and age you have listed in your profile. You say the Knicks haven't won in 30 years and you reference the past but it says you're 24....that's two years older than I am. That has nothing to do with when you signed up, now maybe you lied about your age to seem younger or something? Because otherwise, like I said, you seem like one of those guys who reference the past like they were there...when they weren't.

The part that I put in bold is one of the craziest contradictions I have ever seen. I'm a new age idiot fan because I'm one of those guys that want to see players joining each other, EVEN THOUGH I SAID I DON'T WANT US TO GUT OUR ROSTER TO GO AFTER ONE GUY; and then you say you want us to do whatever we have to do to get Amar'e, CP3, and Melo on our team...

I'd also like to hear your explanation as to how we accomplish that. Because the assumed plan was sign Melo as a FA next year with the cap relief from Curry and Chandler, and then in 2012 let Felton's deal expire and make one or two other moves to be able to sign Paul. If we get Paul now that alters the timeline of everything and the money doesn't work out as nicely anymore. For this to work, CP3 has to come via FA after Melo.

Stop arguing with me, I'm making you look foolish. And by the way...the line about:

I just rather do something more productive with my life once and a while then spend ever day of my life posting on Knicks forums

I joined in June of '09 and have 58 posts. You joined this month and have 84 posts...now I'm no Rouge Scholar but...

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
To be honest, I didn't read half of that. I'm not trolling. I was talking about the date of birth and age you have listed in your profile. You say the Knicks haven't won in 30 years and you reference the past but it says you're 24....that's two years older than I am. That has nothing to do with when you signed up, now maybe you lied about your age to seem younger or something? Because otherwise, like I said, you seem like one of those guys who reference the past like they were there...when they weren't.

The part that I put in bold is one of the craziest contradictions I have ever seen. I'm a new age idiot fan because I'm one of those guys that want to see players joining each other, EVEN THOUGH I SAID I DON'T WANT US TO GUT OUR ROSTER TO GO AFTER ONE GUY; and then you say you want us to do whatever we have to do to get Amar'e, CP3, and Melo on our team...

I'd also like to hear your explanation as to how we accomplish that. Because the assumed plan was sign Melo as a FA next year with the cap relief from Curry and Chandler, and then in 2012 let Felton's deal expire and make one or two other moves to be able to sign Paul. If we get Paul now that alters the timeline of everything and the money doesn't work out as nicely anymore. For this to work, CP3 has to come via FA after Melo.

Stop arguing with me, I'm making you look foolish. And by the way...the line about:

I joined in June of '09 and have 58 posts. You joined this month and have 84 posts...now I'm no Rouge Scholar but...

Hey Morun, if you actually payed attention to what i wrote, maybe there would be more than just garbage coming out of your mouth and you would think more before you write. I stated specifically that the Knicks should do whatever it takes to get Paul other than take back Okafurs contract and/or trade Curry. If the Knicks can pull off a trade for Paul without doing that, then they still retain enough cap room next year to get another Max free agent (Melo)... figure the facts out before declaring stupid comments.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Hey Morun, if you actually payed attention to what i wrote, maybe there would be more than just garbage coming out of your mouth and you would think more before you write. I stated specifically that the Knicks should do whatever it takes to get Paul other than take back Okafurs contract and/or trade Curry. If the Knicks can pull off a trade for Paul without doing that, then they still retain enough cap room next year to get another Max free agent (Melo)... figure the facts out before declaring stupid comments.

Yea I kind of ignored that tho, because since we know NO is trying to get rid of Okafor's contract there's no way they don't move him and/or acquire an expiring contract. For us to get Paul one of those two things have to happen, unless they do us a favor and I don't see that happening. The Knicks should do whatever it takes to get CP3, except exactly what it's going to take? Nice.

And I like how you conveniently ignored everything else I wrote to try to argue the one point you thought you could argue, but nope, even that turned out to be as much nonsense as the whole "lockout in 3 years" line a couple posts earlier. There's no equal value for Paul so all the team can get in return is stability for the franchise going forward, that equals cap room, only way to do that is to either get a team to eat Okafor's contract or trade him and get an expiring deal in return. You, as a Knicks fan, just watched the team do that for the past two years to get us under the cap...I'd think you knew how this worked by now. NO isn't moving Paul without obtaining some cap relief either immediately or in the near future (end of season.)

And it's spelled moron....moron. I didn't want to resort to name calling but the the irony of a person calling someone else a moron and can't even spell the 5 letter word is too much.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Wow this got ugly real fast... Okay, back on topic.

I happen to like the players we currently have on our roster. If I've given the impression that maybe I'm not high on them to those of you that have been following my posts, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

However, I feel that Chris Paul is legitimately a great, HOF type of player. I think Donnie Walsh did the smart thing by saying what the players on the Knicks already know: and it is that if we have, as an organization, the opportunity to get this fabulous PG, we will - even if it means giving up your not-yet-developed ass! Lol...

I also do not agree that you can't win a championship with two or three really great players, and some decent role players. I've seen it happen too many times.

If you've got three great players and you fill in roster spots around them with
okay role players, smartly, you can win it all. Period.

If you've got two legitimately great players, the quality of the pieces around them has to be better. For this reason I would like to see Gallo off the table in any possible trade scenarios; but I know that this is probably wishful thinking.

If we can get Paul now. I'm okay w ***king up our cap as long as we keep Gallo. If we have to give up Curry, Chandler, Douglas, and AR, while taking on Okefor, I would probably do that to get Paul. Again, as long as we could keep Gallo.

I would gamble that Gallo would be sufficient (not an insanely awesome 3rd option as Melo would be) as a third option in place of Melo, because obviously we would be precluded from getting him due to our f-ed up cap situation. The players that we keep though - the Fields, Rautins, the Mozgofs and any players we draft in the future - better be nice pieces though. They better fit.

And lets not forget, Oke is good. He is hard-nosed, an awesome rebounder and he plays excellent post defense. He would definitely help the Knicks. Getting him in a trade would not be all bad.

Put some descent players around a team w CP3, STAT and an improved Gallo, and we would contend for years to come, even against those gheylord fockers in Miami! Go KNICKS!

Last edited:

Blumatic

Rotation player

Those teams didnt just get lucky. They had assets and were prepared with some luck.

We do. have to be careful with with what we do when we make transactions but this idea of having our team grow and not be aggressive with getting the big stars is nonsense. I will not give up on Gallo and Randoplh so easily for CP3 I think pieces like them are essential for a championship. I dont want Emeka's contract. But HELL YEA I want Carmelo here. Especially if all he has to do is sign.

So excuse me if I think Carmelo Anthony plus Amar'e and with a lil bit of luck CP3 will give us a chance to win it all.

Do really want to end up like the Sixers who labeled Igudola as their franchise player, hoping the Dalembert grows into a star. Please.

From I'm getting from some of you here is that you are disgusted by all this wanting of other player from other teams. And I say to you, why the hell not. Do you really think this team as is will win a championship 3 years from now? Amar'e at 30? Do you think Gallo will turn into a max player? (maybe, but I don't see it.)

The Knicks have waited long enough. They paid their dues the past two in working the system to their advantage. The BS about the Knicks Legacy. What legacy? This team has a storied history but not rich like the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics and dare I say it Spurs. The Heat are on verge of destroying our legacy.
The only things that are keeping the Knicks afloat is NYC, Madison Square Garden and us the Knick Fans who were league leaders in attendance for the past ten years while the Hornets and NJ Nets struggle to put buts in the seats.

Do you realized we do not own not a single Larry O' Brien Trophy. Not one. So i say to all if the Knicks are falling over themselves to get these guys here then I applaud them. Get those guys here.

Personally I think we should wait to see what we have first. Then we make moves. Our roster is solid for now. But lets not be fooled thinking this team will win it all now or 3 years from now.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Name Calling

No need to get personal simply because there is disagreement. Name calling is unnecessary. Ad hominem arguments are ineffective. It is also somewhat ironic to call someone a "morun." The correct spelling is "moron."

Last edited:

iJoe

Rotation player
Those teams didnt just get lucky. They had assets and were prepared with some luck.

We do. have to be careful with with what we do when we make transactions but this idea of having our team grow and not be aggressive with getting the big stars is nonsense. I will not give up on Gallo and Randoplh so easily for CP3 I think pieces like them are essential for a championship. I dont want Emeka's contract. But HELL YEA I want Carmelo here. Especially if all he has to do is sign.

So excuse me if I think Carmelo Anthony plus Amar'e and with a lil bit of luck CP3 will give us a chance to win it all.

Do really want to end up like the Sixers who labeled Igudola as their franchise player, hoping the Dalembert grows into a star. Please.

From I'm getting from some of you here is that you are disgusted by all this wanting of other player from other teams. And I say to you, why the hell not. Do you really think this team as is will win a championship 3 years from now? Amar'e at 30? Do you think Gallo will turn into a max player? (maybe, but I don't see it.)

The Knicks have waited long enough. They paid their dues the past two in working the system to their advantage. The BS about the Knicks Legacy. What legacy? This team has a storied history but not rich like the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics and dare I say it Spurs. The Heat are on verge of destroying our legacy.
The only things that are keeping the Knicks afloat is NYC, Madison Square Garden and us the Knick Fans who were league leaders in attendance for the past ten years while the Hornets and NJ Nets struggle to put buts in the seats.

Do you realized we do not own not a single Larry O' Brien Trophy. Not one. So i say to all if the Knicks are falling over themselves to get these guys here then I applaud them. Get those guys here.

Personally I think we should wait to see what we have first. Then we make moves. Our roster is solid for now. But lets not be fooled thinking this team will win it all now or 3 years from now.

So in your first sentence, you basically said they didn't get lucky, they just had luck prepared?

We paid our dues? No we haven't!
The reason the knicks were in such a mess was because Isiah thought New York couldn't wait to build a team and just went crazy trying to win now. We haven't waited for a championship, we tried to get a shortcut and failed. Now that we're finally building something, a bunch of people wanna tear it down and go for the shortcut again.

If you read all of my short post, you'd have realized I already said how I wanted Paul.

For all those clamoring about Paul, lets make this simple. If we get Okafor along with Paul, there is NO CARMELO ANTHONY. Period.

If we get really lucky, we can nab Paul without Okafor and build a Dynasty. If we can do it great! If not, then don't go all nutty about CP3 this and CP3 that.

I personally enjoy watching a young team grow. The thunder proved the perfect example of how a team can change without any big roster moves.