Micheal Kay: Knicks offer to Nuggets

Listening to Micheal Kay on espn 1050, this is the latest according to his sources close to the situation. The Knicks are offering Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari, and a future 1st round draft pick for Carmelo.

Please not Gallo!!!!!!!!!!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No thanks. Don't wanna give up Gallo.

Melo also has one year left on his contract. You never know if him wanting to play for New York could mean Brooklyn.

GetRealistic

Starter
You guys are nuts if you wouldn't signed off for Curry, Gallo, and a pick... Thats a very fair deal. We keep all the golden state guys, chandler, and douglas.

Gallo could be very good but Melo is great right now. I personally think we'd have to give up more to get him.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
No thanks. Don't wanna give up Gallo.

Melo also has one year left on his contract. You never know if him wanting to play for New York could mean Brooklyn.

The Nets will NEVER, NEVER have the fan base nor the appeal, so I am not worried about the damn Nets. That trade, IMO, is worth it. I think Randolph is worth keeping due to his tremendous upside. I wonder if we can change that first rounder for two 2nd rounders.

I know nothing is official yet. it's all talk. And I suspect Melo will be a Denver Nuggets' player at the beginning of the season.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
Did ESPN or other sources report it yet?

The Knicks are reportedly willing to trade Danilo Gallinari as the centerpiece of a package to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

During his Tuesday show on ESPN Radio in New York, Michael Kay cited sources in reporting that the Knicks will offer Gallinari, a future first-round pick and Eddy Curry in a bid to acquire Carmelo Anthony from Denver.

Curry's contract would be needed to work to make the trade work under the salary cap.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._gallinari_in_package_for_melo/#ixzz0wtU6TWa2

Blumatic

Rotation player
I'm sure Donnie doesnt want to give up Gallo neither but you gotta give some to get some.

Im just gonna pray that we can have both Gallo and Melo. We need shooters. Gallo is a shooter.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm sure Donnie doesnt want to give up Gallo neither but you gotta give some to get some.

Im just gonna pray that we can have both Gallo and Melo. We need shooters. Gallo is a shooter.

We don't have to give up anything. We can sign him next summer.

And you're right. We need shooters. If we give up Gallo for Melo, we will be an awful shooting team in a system that depends on shooting.

I'm also not convinced Melo and Amare would compliment each other very well. Both players do not pass very well and will dominate the ball in a system that also demands ball movement.

But on the other hand, this is a fair deal and gives us that 2nd superstar. So I guess you have to do it. I'm just disappointed in seeing this team dismantled before we even get a chance to watch them play. I was really excited to see this team run.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
2ahip7c.gif

Not trading a homegrown talent for a player who will be a FA.

iSaYughh

Starter
Quite possible that while Melo does want NYK and is willing to apply some pressure to get it done (ie --a-- deal), he isn't going to go all out, totally spurn any talk of extension, and actually strong-arm a feel on our behalf.

Hence we need to still give to get, and close out all possibility that Melo doesn't come as a FA.

Thos reminds me of when the Yankees traded Soriano for Arod. Gallo younger, Soriano more proven, but pretty similar especially in how it was/is perceived by fans.

I'd pull trigger.

No more talk of us on the rise. Let's be up and still rise more.

Depending on AR-47 being a keeper, we spend next FA or two looking to bring in a stud 2 (maybe a 1).

"long"term

Felton
? (any chance Parker would play the 2 lol...)
Melo
Amare
AR-47

Douglas, Walker, Jordan, Moz off bench

tiger0330

Legend
That's a laughable offer, 2014 before Denver sees that pick so it practically has zero value. Any mention of Curry in a package is doing the Knicks a favor and probably wouldn't interest Denver except in a salary dump. So it's basically Gallo for Melo, are u kidding me. If the Knicks are serious they have to include Randolph or Chandler at a minimum or Stat in a straight up deal.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
That's a laughable offer, 2014 before Denver sees that pick so it practically has zero value. Any mention of Curry in a package is doing the Knicks a favor and probably wouldn't interest Denver except in a salary dump. So it's basically Gallo for Melo, are u kidding me. If the Knicks are serious they have to include Randolph or Chandler at a minimum or Stat in a straight up deal.

Throw in Chandler in that package. I think the Knicks are starting low first to test waters. There is no way you trade Gallo and Randolph. No Way!! I would just wait it out and fight for the Melo sweepstakes next year, if that is the case.

moneyg

Starter
2ahip7c.gif

Not trading a homegrown talent for a player who will be a FA.

we gotta do this trade if the nuggets accept...

and heres why... if melo gets traded to a team and they go far in the playoffs he will sign an extension with that team and willnot be a free agent next year.. he wants the extension just doesnt want it in denver... we cant take that risk... all we know is gallo can turn out to be another marco belini..

iSaYughh

Starter
Starting low? lol

Nuggets get an asset, potentially a big one, in Curry, that carries zero risk.

A #6 pick, rising stud who plays the 3 in Gallo.

And a future 1st, which is meaningless now, but in a year...2...3...it gets to be a bigger and bigger asset for them to trade or keep.

And they are getting this for a guy who has all but said he wants out. And all but said he wants to go to a specific team. This gives him, and thus us, added leverage.

I'd be OK throwing in Chandler to, actually, but only because in the even a deal goes through, it is very unlikely we resign him as we will look to focus squarely on beefing up the 2 slot.

But AR-47, STAT? cmon.

Damn. Too many are still in trauma from almost a decade of --us-- getting raped or gangbanged trade after trade.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Throw in Chandler in that package. I think the Knicks are starting low first to test waters. There is no way you trade Gallo and Randolph. No Way!! I would just wait it out and fight for the Melo sweepstakes next year, if that is the case.

Exactly! You don't throw all your cards out on the first attempt.

tiger0330

Legend
lol I've heard Curry called an ass around here not an ASSet. It's a huge risk for Denver if they sign the guy and expect that he'll ever amount to anything. Almost 100% certain they waive him before he ever plays a game for Denver.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
According to Alan Hahn's twitter page all this news about Melo is weeks old... Denver is in no rush since they have yet to hire a GM.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Starting low? lol

A #6 pick, rising stud who plays the 3 in Gallo.

And a future 1st, which is meaningless now, but in a year...2...3...it gets to be a bigger and bigger asset for them to trade or keep.

And they are getting this for a guy who has all but said he wants out. And all but said he wants to go to a specific team. This gives him, and thus us, added leverage.

I'd be OK throwing in Chandler to, actually, but only because in the even a deal goes through, it is very unlikely we resign him as we will look to focus squarely on beefing up the 2 slot.

But AR-47, STAT? cmon.

Damn. Too many are still in trauma from almost a decade of --us-- getting raped or gangbanged trade after trade.

Is this your analysis?

Yes, you are starting low. Melo is a top 10 player (actually closer to a top 5 player), in this league. He has been a scoring machine since high school. He isn’t just an all-star, the man is a super star. Statistically speaking he has been a top 3 most clutch player the past 3 seasons. If you trade for a player in his prime that is only 26 years old, and can play for a while, you have to give up assets. I don’t know how you can argue that Curry is an asset. He would have to work massively to be an asset at the NBA level now. He has barely played the past few seasons due to injuries and not being part of the coaches rotation. You do realize that Curry’s only asset is his expiring contract . . . that’s it. His value as a player is close to nil. The fact that we get 12 million in extra cap space next July is the ONLY asset he brings. We are not counting Curry the player in this trade.<O:p</O:p
<O:p></O:p>
Now it really becomes Gallo and the first rounder. When you trade for someone who one of the most complete scorer’s in the league and game changer, you have to give up assets. Gallo, although shown some upside, and a lot of aggression towards the end of the season, is not on Melo’s level, or even close for that matter. You have to compensate for that difference, by providing a first rounder. And, in 2014, the Knicks will most likely be a playoff team, which means it’s not a lottery pick, now that pick has far less value if it’s 15-20 spots higher, doesn’t it?
<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
So, trading Gallo, plus a typical 20<SUP>th</SUP> pick, does not seem that bad. <O:p</O:p