JR Smith on the trading block

tiger0330

Legend
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/22/nuggets-looking-to-trade-j-r-smith/

How about we forget about Chandler for Rudy. Rudy's stock dropped for me after seeing him in the US/Spain game.

JR is a natural SG that Chandler isn't and a scorer, he does come with some baggage, his off court problems, perceived bad attitude and his scoring ability makes him a chucker. Sort of talking myself out of the deal but who thinks he would be a better fit with the Knicks than Will or Az.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
no...simply put this guy is a ballhog on offense rarely ever passes and kills the plays most of the time. pretty much an al harrington on steroids and shorter. but this leads me to think he may be thrown into a trade for Melo, in that case i'd want him

I think bill walker and one of the picks we got from Golden State is enough for Jr smith but we still need a good starting SG, Azubuike is our only hope if he is healthy

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
no thank you. He's so infuriatingly inconsistent. And at this point, I'm hanging on to all of my even remotely valuable trading assets until the Melo situation comes to a resolution.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Cuz we have too many forwards and we are shallow at the 2 Position.

Just cause we're shallow at the 2 doesn't mean we should dump a decent forward for a bad shooting guard.

Chandler may not have a real role on this team but that doesn't mean we should dump him to get JR Smith who's just gonna chuck 6 threes every game

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just the game in which Gallo won for us against Denver last year turned me off Smith. He chucked 3 after 3 and ignored Melo in the 4th.

Paul1355

All Star
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/22/nuggets-looking-to-trade-j-r-smith/

How about we forget about Chandler for Rudy. Rudy's stock dropped for me after seeing him in the US/Spain game.

JR is a natural SG that Chandler isn't and a scorer, he does come with some baggage, his off court problems, perceived bad attitude and his scoring ability makes him a chucker. Sort of talking myself out of the deal but who thinks he would be a better fit with the Knicks than Will or Az.
I would rather have Jr Smith than Rudy....Smith is extremely athetlic, fast and has one of the best 3 point shots in the NBA.

I just don't see how we could get Melo AND Jr from the Nuggets.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I think the Knicks are better without Rudy or J.R., but I agree J.R. Smith is better but hard to control, not a team player, and won't change. Rudy just wants to play and prove himself, which I think is a good thing. The Knicks are better with just keeping Chandler because I believe he's better than everybody gives him credit for. Juan Carlos Navarro didn't look bad in US/Spain game, and had a decent season in the 07-08 season with Memphis, whats his story.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just read on realgm that JR tried to choke some kid for playing him too physical at nuggets practice, what an absolute pussy he'd be horrible in NY he can't take the coaching staff telling a kid to play physical, this guy is a complete joke of a player and I wouldn't want him on my team for free. Good talent, occasional great game, frequent bonehead plays and shooting his team out of a game, suspensions, altercations, chucker, need I say more? And someone said he's just like having Nate, I'll take Nate instead, Nate dumped the bigger JR pretty good back in that brawl game a couple years ago

tiger0330

Legend
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just read on realgm that JR tried to choke some kid for playing him too physical at nuggets practice, what an absolute pussy he'd be horrible in NY he can't take the coaching staff telling a kid to play physical, this guy is a complete joke of a player and I wouldn't want him on my team for free. Good talent, occasional great game, frequent bonehead plays and shooting his team out of a game, suspensions, altercations, chucker, need I say more? And someone said he's just like having Nate, I'll take Nate instead, Nate dumped the bigger JR pretty good back in that brawl game a couple years ago
Heard that too, see link below. Nate is not a thug, JR is. You would think JR would tone it down after all the problems he has had, that's one dude that could use some anger management therapy. Too bad, he can light it up when he is on, if he didn't have that attitude baggage, I would want him on the Knicks.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/25/...-in-altercation-at-nuggets-practice-f/?synd=1

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Agreed, and exactly why I want nothing to do with him. He'd be a great guy to take a flyer on if not for the baggage, still could be but for me we've had too much crap beyond basketball going on in the past 10 or so years with this franchise, I want everything to just be about the basketball, any players known for distractions, no thanks