PDA

View Full Version : Turiaf the Leader

Toons
Aug 25, 2010, 10:52
ďI canít speak of the past because I wasnít there on a regular basis so I can only speak for myself and what I know I can bring to the table. All Iím gonna tell you is that we are going to have guys that want to play hard, guys thatís definitely coming here to win, to make the necessary sacrifices to win basketball games. So Iím not here to speak about the past, but the future. Weíre going to play team basketball. We are going to be playing together and everybody moving in the same direction. We are all here to win basketball gamesónot to lose. Thatís something that people need to understand is that we will do whatever it takes, whatever we have to do to make that happen. I have talked to plenty of guys on the team already. I was on vacation with Gallo[Danillo Gallinari. I have been working out with Stoudamire every day. I have worked out with Toney Douglas. I have talked to Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton. And of course my two partners from Golden State Azubuike and Randy [Anthony Randolph]. So Iíve been in contact with a lot of those gus and I think they are excited and there is one key word: winning.Ē

I can see Turry to the knicks what jameer nelson is to the magic, (planning team events off the court, hang out times etc.) He is a real good guy, a team player, a winner, Ronnie Turiaf will be the glue that holds the knicks together. Energy on and off the bench. Turiaf....already one of my favorite knicks!

Toons
Aug 25, 2010, 11:01
Poitives to pull out of the article besides the obvious...is that amare works out every day, douglas is also working hard this offseason....im excited to see my team this season....

Bleeding Orange n Blueeeeeeeeee

KnicksWillRiseAgain
Aug 25, 2010, 11:07
Poitives to pull out of the article besides the obvious...is that amare works out every day, douglas is also working hard this offseason....im excited to see my team this season....

Bleeding Orange n Blueeeeeeeeee
Douglas is a real hard worker all rioght. Last year I went to a Knick game and stood by the Players entrance to get autos, and i got there at like 2. Players usually dont start going in till like 3:30 or 4. T-Dog got there at like 2:20 and came in with Herb Williams, and they both stopped an signed for everyone and took pictures. So Toney got there an hour and a half earl with one of the coaches. Thats what i call hard working.

DontForgetDerekHarper
Aug 25, 2010, 11:28
maybe turiaf will be the voice in many cases
but the leaders this year have to

and i mean have to be

felton and stat

the offense is truly set around them

with corner pieces of gallo chandler and ranolph to feed off of these two.

the ball will be in feltons hands

and the offense will be based around stat getting easy dunks, or drawing double teams

both of these players have to keep every one in their spots, and felton has to ignite the defense on the other end of the floor.

I like what im hearing though

now lets see what we see.

portega1968
Aug 25, 2010, 11:34
Douglas is a real hard worker all rioght. Last year I went to a Knick game and stood by the Players entrance to get autos, and i got there at like 2. Players usually dont start going in till like 3:30 or 4. T-Dog got there at like 2:20 and came in with Herb Williams, and they both stopped an signed for everyone and took pictures. So Toney got there an hour and a half earl with one of the coaches. Thats what i call hard working.

Toney's car broke down and he needed a ride from Herb, who was supposed to be there at 1pm.

Just kidding... truth is we hear all this talk before every season and look at what's happened the past decade. So although I feel that this time around things have changed for the better, and Amar'e, Felton and Turiaf are definitely good leaders for this team, I will keep my enthusiasm in check until I see how they play the first week of the season. It's what I've learned after being a Knick fan for 30plus years!!!