New Melo rumor

Paul1355

All Star
Carmelo Anthony Wants To Be Like Mike

Posted by Jerseychaser54 on

September 1, 2010

<iframe src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjerseychaser.com%2Fcarmelo-anthony-wants-to-be-like-mike%2F&style=normal&hashtags=CAA,Carmelo+Anthony,Carmelo+Anthony+Chicago,Carmelo+Anthony+Trade,Chicago+Bulls,China,Denver+Nuggets,George+Karl,Jordan+Brand,Kat+Stacks,Krossover+Entertainment,LaLa+Vasquez,NAB,NBA" width="50" frameborder="0" height="61" scrolling="no"></iframe>

41344_143775935658363_100000778733026_193747_866861_n.jpg
‘Melo up at UCLA Tuesday, where he took this pic with Dragonfly Jones’ nephew.​
<script src="http://static.addtoany.com/menu/page.js" type="text/javascript"></script>​
Several news outlets have reported that the Chicago Bulls have made a major play to secure the services of Carmelo Anthony. The Bulls reportedly have offered a package that includes Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson and a couple of 1st round draft picks for the Nuggets star.
Last summer Anthony and his wife LaLa, signed with Creative Arts Agency as a package deal. Since then, much has been made of Anthony’s desire to play in LA or the NY/NJ metropolitan area and how much LaLa’s professional career plans influences him.
The close proximity to major entertainment markets seem enticing for the couple, as Anthony’s business interests have expanded into film and music. But our sources say Anthony is not driven by the desire to be close to “Hollywood”, but rather to compete for an NBA championship right away.
According to our source, the Chicago Bulls are Anthony’s top choice and for obvious reasons…..
The Bulls have had an active summer, and the signing of Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver makes them a top 4 team in the East. The addition of Anthony puts them into the discussion with the NBA’s elite along with the Lakers, Magic and Miami Heat.
Derrick Rose has shined all summer for Team USA, and is solidifying his place amongst the NBA’s elite point guards. Joakim Noah is one the league’s best young centers, and new coach Tom Thibodeau is a career NBA guy that was the architect behind the 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics vaunted defense.
The Bulls have some enticing pieces to offer the Nuggets, who are essentially “re-branding” themselves from top to bottom. Once known as the “Thuggets”, Denver’s combustible mix of Anthony, JR Smith and Kenyon Martin has been toxic at times, and it’s apparent that the trio has worn out it’s welcome in Denver.
By sending Deng and Gibson to the Nuggets, Denver would add one of the NBA’s best defensive small forwards, and a promising power forward that nearly averaged a double-double as a rookie. Denver should be about accumulating assets at this point, and young talent and draft-picks are a great foundation for their future.
Having advanced out the 1st round of the playoffs once in 7 years, the right moves could make the fire-sale a little easier to swallow for the Nugget faithful. After hiring Masai Ujiri to run the team, George Karl made some interesting comments about being “surprised” by the firing of VP of Player Operations Mark Warkentien.
With all the rumors swirling around that franchise, this is another indicator that everyone in that organization is not on the same page.
Chicago is a major market with an incredibly rich tradition, one that the Jordan Brand sponsored Anthony is fully aware of. The other teams in the discussion are the Nets and Clippers, two of the worst teams in the league last year.
The Nets reportedly aren’t willing to part with Brook Lopez, which is a necessary component for the Nuggets.
The Clippers have some assets to offer, but who really wants to play for the Clippers?

With the CBA expiring team owners are looking to drastically reduce player salaries in terms of dollars, years and guarantees. This sea of uncertainty has put pressure on players to re-up with their respective teams, backing them into a corner and forcing them to make the safe business decision.
Anthony would make $83.5 million over 4 years if he signed an extension with the Nuggets(if he opts in). That’s nearly 21 million dollars a year Carmelo is willing to walk away from at this point.
If Melo does leave Denver, it would have to be through an extend and trade. No team is going to gamble on trading for him if he’s just going to leave. This narrows the field of suitors to teams that Carmelo wants to play for.
‘Melo has the leverage and if our source is correct, wants to be a Chicago Bull."

If Melo becomes a Bull then we have no shot to beat the Heat and Chicago. He is sponsored by a Jordan Brand, Chi town is good for advertising, and he would be on a contending team with Rose, Boozer, and Noah...and the trade package is something Denver would accept.

iSaYughh

Starter
Very, very unfortunate if true. Pretty much rips the heart out of any effort or plan we had.to secure him.

Really hope Plan "2010" wasn't as important as so many had thought. Walsh included(?)

Rose

Melo
Boozer
Noah

Is meta-filthy. Arguable allstars at 4 starting positions, including a top5ish player, with everyone being young to very young.

Before the OS I had been saying that this was shaping up to be the era of the dynasty.

MIA
CHI
OKC
ORL
LAK

Feast or famine, more or less.

Melo in Chicago is definitly a title contender..smh. And the market is comparable to what he would prefer. Wouldnt suprise me one bit if he wants the Bulls.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well it would be a great team on paper....but the game is not played on paper.

I just want Melo to either sign the extension with Denver or to be traded to whoever

Another season of speculation is corny to me.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well, a Miami vs Chicago Eastern Conference Finals for the next 5 years should be good for the NBA *sarcasm*.

If they get Melo, can we at least get Rudy? How f***ed up will that be if they get Melo AND Rudy? Yikes.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Man Chicago is giving away a lot for Melo, if this is rumor is true than I don't see any reason for the Nuggets to not go for it. This would begin the rebuilding of the Nuggets. The bench for the Bulls is going to be weak, so I still don't see Melo staying there. It always depends on winning it all and I still think he has his heart set in NY.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't think Melo wants Chicago.

Again, the whole "Jordan's shadow" thing. Plus Melo has connections to NY, his wife lives in NY, he was born in NY, he talked about forming a trio with Amar'e and CP3 in...NY...

Why the hell would he go to Chicago now? Furthermore, why would a smaller-market team like Denver accept a trade for Luol Deng's huge contract? That's stupid.

NY has the best young cheap players. If the Bulls really have a good offer and Anthony approves the trade, we come back and we throw Randolph and Chandler at them, and our trade package is better...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

There's that "source" word again. Please everyone, these articles are pure BS until someone can actually give a name.

"SOURCE"

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
All I hope is that Walsh doe not let this Melo BS stop him from making a quality trade!!!! We went over board to free up space to make a run for LaBron...We have been dooped one time too many and I hope that Walsh will continue to make moves that could help this team even if it takes us out of the Melo sweepstakes! He is NOT coming here and will most likely end up taking the extension from Denver or one of the 3 other tames that can offer young talent along with MULTIPLE #1 draft picks. How about the Knicks going after JR Smith?!?! We need a pure 2 and I think JR would fit great in this system and we could get him with a package that includes Chandler. Why not see if Curry's expiring contract can get us Hamilton for Detroit or Prince.... We need to stop letting these stars handcuff our organization!

from reading other threads apparently the 'source' in this article is a 14 year old who lists his favorite team as.....wait for it... the bulls http://bleacherreport.com/users/212475-dustin-brown

i wouldnt look too far into it
I knew it wasnt true. If it was real i would have heard something about it esspecially since it was posted on July 1st.

Right now donnie is playing the waiting game. The Second Denver gives up on Mello resigning, they will trade him wherever he wants.