Yahoo Fantasy BBall League

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I am going to start a league for KO.com members. It is free so post here if you want to play. We will need to set a date for the draft that a majority can agree on. I am thinking a Sunday afternoon in the next few weeks. Thoughts?

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Is this gonna be roto or h2h? Its been a while, but I wouldn't mind joining in.

This is my first fantasy league so I don't know the difference. I can set it up however we decide. At this point I am open to any and all suggestions as I want to final participate in a fantasy league. Once we have a few more people and have decided on rules and draft date I will create the league, provide the link and PW.

KBlack25

Starter
This is my first fantasy league so I don't know the difference. I can set it up however we decide. At this point I am open to any and all suggestions as I want to final participate in a fantasy league. Once we have a few more people and have decided on rules and draft date I will create the league, provide the link and PW.

H2H is head-to-head which basically means each team competes against another every week...say there are 9 categories you are scored in: Points, Rebounds, Assists, FG%, FT%, TO, Steals, Blocks, 3 pointers...if I out score you in 5 of the 9 categories I get 5 wins and 4 losses for the week and that is added to your record...So every team will have like a win and loss record. You can also do it where, say if I beat you 5-4 I get ONE win and you get ONE loss, if I beat you 9-0 I still only get ONE win and you still only get ONE loss...but I don't know if people enjoy it, I've never done it that way.

Roto is more season-long. Basically, you accumulate stats on the season for each of the same 9 categories. If there are 10 teams in the league and you are the highest scorer for the "points" category you get 10, the next highest gets 9, 3rd highest gets 8 and so on until the lowest scorer in the "points" category who gets 1. The same is done for all the categories and your points are added up. The person at the end of the season with the highest total accumulation of points throughout all the stats (10 teams, 9 categories the highest you can score is 90) wins.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
H2H is head-to-head which basically means each team competes against another every week...say there are 9 categories you are scored in: Points, Rebounds, Assists, FG%, FT%, TO, Steals, Blocks, 3 pointers...if I out score you in 5 of the 9 categories I get 5 wins and 4 losses for the week and that is added to your record...So every team will have like a win and loss record. You can also do it where, say if I beat you 5-4 I get ONE win and you get ONE loss, if I beat you 9-0 I still only get ONE win and you still only get ONE loss...but I don't know if people enjoy it, I've never done it that way.

Roto is more season-long. Basically, you accumulate stats on the season for each of the same 9 categories. If there are 10 teams in the league and you are the highest scorer for the "points" category you get 10, the next highest gets 9, 3rd highest gets 8 and so on until the lowest scorer in the "points" category who gets 1. The same is done for all the categories and your points are added up. The person at the end of the season with the highest total accumulation of points throughout all the stats (10 teams, 9 categories the highest you can score is 90) wins.

Roto sounds better to me but I am down for anything. Lets get some more heads and then take a vote. I will keep bumping for another week and then take a vote and create the league.

iJoe

Rotation player
From what I remember there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

H2H has people being a LOT more active as they have to arrange their lineups every week or even day to match the opponent. Bad thing is that at the end of the season things get crazy with lots of teams benching players to rest for playoffs and certain teams having better schedules.

Roto is more fair in the long haul, but its harder to stay active as you aren't actively competing with someone each week. Its not as fun to trash talk in roto either :)

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm down. I'm OK w either format (assuming scoring metrics are pretty much kosher).

IMO, as a fantasy geek and having done a ton of different leagues over the yrs, H2H way to go for this spot.

Better competition, more consistent excitement and smack talk and rivalry...Bit more of a luck or randomness factor in who the winners will ultimately be...compared to roto at least...but its still dominated by "skill", and the nba like all sports has a degree of variance on who wins, so..

Either way be fun. But for this crowd and spot id pull trigger on h2h.