Yahoo Sports: Carmelo perfers Knicks or Bulls

• Thu Sep 09 03:16am PDT
Carmelo Anthony prefers Knicks or Bulls

By Mark J. Miller

Carmelo Anthony(notes) still hasn't accepted that three-year, $65 million extension the Denver Nuggets have offered to him and Yahoo! Sports' Marc J. Spears reports that Anthony is still hoping to be traded, preferably to the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks. Spears notes that the Knicks may not have enough to trade for Anthony but that the Bulls could include Luol Deng(notes), James Johnson(notes), and/or Taj Gibson(notes).
Spears notes that the Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets, and Houston Rockets have all told the Nuggets that they'd be willing to trade for Anthony.
Next summer, Anthony could opt out of his contract and become a free agent. Other Nuggets that will go on the market net summer include forward Kenyon Martin(notes) and guards J.R. Smith(notes) and Arron Afflalot. Plus, Nene could opt out of his contract next summer. So whether Anthony gets traded or not, changes are coming in Denver next summer.
New Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri still hasn't met Anthony in person since being hired Aug. 31, Spears reports.
Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.
Source: Yahoo! Sports
Related: , , Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks

I Hate the Bulls. The Bulls have been screwing us since the freaking 90s. now there tryong to horn in on our Mello action!

Im willing to trade

Eddy Curry, Wilson Chandler, all of the Second Rounders we can give, and a First Rounder.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I don't know why the Nuggets would want Deng's huge contract, are they building around him? Cause that's $11m+ until 2014/15, The Bulls already tried to trade James Johnson and no one wants the dude, and trading Taj messes with their front court depth but they do have Kurt.

The only real asset there is Taj. James Johnson is just a young name and Deng has $50mil+ left on the books over the next 4 seasons. I don't see why they would jump at the opportunity to take that over our lowest offer. Unless Chicago is going to mortgage their future by trading all of their 1st picks for the next few years, which is never worth it (we've already learned that.)

moneyg

Starter
I don't know why the Nuggets would want Deng's huge contract, are they building around him? Cause that's $11m+ until 2014/15, The Bulls already tried to trade James Johnson and no one wants the dude, and trading Taj messes with their front court depth but they do have Kurt.

The only real asset there is Taj. James Johnson is just a young name and Deng has $50mil+ left on the books over the next 4 seasons. I don't see why they would jump at the opportunity to take that over our lowest offer. Unless Chicago is going to mortgage their future by trading all of their 1st picks for the next few years, which is never worth it (we've already learned that.)

my point exactly.. if denver wants dengs contract .. then we dont stand a chance.. the only way melo can block it is if he say he not signing an extension

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToagAzsS4q0

Man I want Mello on the knicks so bad. As long as we dont give up Gallo or Randolph. If Mello is on the Knicks in the D'Antoni System, He could easily be the Scoring Leader and an MVP canidate. Not to Mention the options we would have on Offense would be INSANE. Amare/Randolph down low, Gallo at the 3 point line, and Mello on all the above! We could be the Second seed with a chance to be the FIRST seed if Gallo and Randolph break out!

Mello = Bernard King 2.0

I actually think that since he cant wear number 15 on the knicks, he SHOULD wear number 30!

mafra

Legend
If DEN is forced to deal MELO, then they'll wipe the slate clean and start anew. Bringing in DENG, and his 50 million dollar contract, is stupid. They would want draft picks and young, CHEAP talent.

NOW, they one thing I do agree with.... is that CHI might be one of the few teams who would rent Melo for 1 year. If Melo really wants the Knicks, he'll say so. He'll tell DEN he's a goner after this season AND he'll only agree to sign an extension (if a trade is imminent) with one team- YES! You got it.... the Knicks.

This would corner DEN. NO TEAM will offer much for Melo without an extension. HOWEVER, CHI would probably still dangle Deng & Johnson. I think they would easily part with Deng's 50 million... roll the dice and go for it this year. Stick it to MIA. I doubt they would toss in Gibson though. That might be too much.

But, would they give up DENG, JOHNSON and a 1st round pick? Maybe. Would going for it this year be worth Gibson? Well, that owner wants to win.... but that bad? Seems like Rose-Noah-Gibson is the future there, so I would say that's too much.

NOW, if you are DEN.... would you prefer Deng (and his 50 million dollar contract), James Johnson and a 1st round pick.... over.... Wilson Chandler or Danillo Gallinari, Bill Walker, Jerome Jordan, Eddy Curry and two 2nd rounders?

Given the financial committment, I would have to feel like the NYK offer is mroe appealing.

AND, without a contract extension, no team is going to offer a more attractive package than that.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There's a very anti-NY tone to this article - who the hell would want Luol Deng and his 13mil/year contract for the next four years? Do the Nuggets really think they can build a team around Deng? Are they high?

Morons.

Paul1355

All Star

By Mark J. Miller

Carmelo Anthony(notes) still hasn't accepted that three-year, $65 million extension the Denver Nuggets have offered to him and Yahoo! Sports' Marc J. Spears reports that Anthony is still hoping to be traded, preferably to the Chicago Bulls or New York Knicks. Spears notes that the Knicks may not have enough to trade for Anthony but that the Bulls could include Luol Deng(notes), James Johnson(notes), and/or Taj Gibson(notes).
Spears notes that the Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets, and Houston Rockets have all told the Nuggets that they'd be willing to trade for Anthony.
Next summer, Anthony could opt out of his contract and become a free agent. Other Nuggets that will go on the market net summer include forward Kenyon Martin(notes) and guards J.R. Smith(notes) and Arron Afflalot. Plus, Nene could opt out of his contract next summer. So whether Anthony gets traded or not, changes are coming in Denver next summer.
New Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri still hasn't met Anthony in person since being hired Aug. 31, Spears reports.
Related: , , Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks

I Hate the Bulls. The Bulls have been screwing us since the freaking 90s. now there tryong to horn in on our Mello action!

Im willing to trade

Eddy Curry, Wilson Chandler, all of the Second Rounders we can give, and a First Rounder.
your package compared to Noah, James Johnson, Taj Gibson, and a 1st round pick...puts the Bulls over the Knicks.

If the Bulls are willing to trade Noah then we have to be willing to trade Gallo.

mgblack3

Rookie
Agreed, I am in Bulls-Town!

We have no worries. I am based in Central Illinois and rumor has it that the Bulls refuse to include Joakim Noah, which is their only bargaining chip.

It would be nice to trade for Melo, instead of waiting for his Free Agency!

By Mark J. Miller

Im willing to trade

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToagAzsS4q0

Man I want Mello on the knicks so bad. As long as we dont give up Gallo or Randolph. If Mello is on the Knicks in the D'Antoni System, He could easily be the Scoring Leader and an MVP canidate. Not to Mention the options we would have on Offense would be INSANE. Amare/Randolph down low, Gallo at the 3 point line, and Mello on all the above! We could be the Second seed with a chance to be the FIRST seed if Gallo and Randolph break out!

Mello = Bernard King 2.0

I actually think that since he cant wear number 15 on the knicks, he SHOULD wear number 30!

Been saying this from the start..

Melo's just not as efficient from the field. King routinely put up FG percentages of .500 or better over the course of his career. Melo has never done this. They are both virtually unguardable SF's tho who do damage inside and out, so in this sense they are alike.

Last edited: