Nuggets Think Knicks May Have Tampered With Melo...

Nuggets are a bunch of haters. At first I fealt bad about them loosing Mello but now there taking the pussy route.

Dont hate the Team hate the Player.

NUGGETS BUNCHA PLAYA HATEAZ!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I just read this a little while ago. This tells me that Denver knows Melo is a goner and trying to find anyway possible to not let the Knicks get him. Not for nothing I'm more happy that we didn't gut our team for Melo. Let him come next season on a matured and gelled team. This is the better move on his part knowing the depth that we'll have on this team.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I just read this a little while ago. This tells me that Denver knows Melo is a goner and trying to find anyway possible to not let the Knicks get him. Not for nothing I'm more happy that we didn't gut our team for Melo. Let him come next season on a matured and gelled team. This is the better move on his part knowing the depth that we'll have on this team.

Agreed. But I wouldnt mind trading Chandler and Curry straight up for melo at the Feb. deadline.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Agreed. But I wouldnt mind trading Chandler and Curry straight up for melo at the Feb. deadline.

That's the thing the longer the season goes in and the offers start to dwindle down, the Nuggets are going to get desperate. That would be a great trade for us but Chandler is a solid player that we can use of the bench. Also this just shows how much a lot of teams hate us. They don't want to trade anyone to us.

Paul1355

All Star
Nuggets Think Knicks May Have Tampered With Melo

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ets_think_knicks_may_have_tampered_with_melo/

Oh really, so Jay-Z and World Wide Wes (employed by Melo's agency) being seen together doesn't scream tampering.

And if the NBA dares investigates us, someone better blow the whistle on Miami.

Isiah may be an issue(thanks Dolan).
Only time Melo was with a Knick rep was when he was with STAT at the Jay-Z concert.
This is just complaints, nothing solid or anything to worry about. Tampering ALWAYS happens and I am sure that Lebron-Wade-Bosh was the Richard Nixon scandal of all tampering.

Melo has been talking to Amare just like James was always talking with Bosh and Wade.

I def see Melo as a Knick in free agency, atleast that would be the best case scenerio so we can keep Gallo and Randolph.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
If Melo does stick it out in Denver for the entire season (which I believe would be the best idea for all parties involved) that gives the Knicks more hope to make a deal mid-season for CP3 if perhaps NO gets off to a rocky start and he formally requests a trade. If we could trade Curry's contract plus whoever (whomever?) to get CP3 during this year think of what that would say to Melo and his people. Maybe we did get to Melo through back channels but who cares if we can keep Curry's deal and turn it into a much better player come the deadline that can speak volumes about what we want to accomplish over all.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This is more about Denver hating Melo. They know Melo wants NY. They are going to do everything in their power to make sure Melo doesn't get what he wants. This is out of spite.

Denver's GM was at Melo's wedding too. It was reported that he was visibly very angry with the talk of him joining Amare in NY. Denver feels like they have done everything for Melo and he's spitting in their faces. Remember how childish Cleveland's owner and Toronto's GM were? It won't be above Denver's GM and owner to not give in to Melo's demands out of spite.

This is just another reason for us to wait until next year and sign him. And it seems like Melo is seeing that too.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
This is more about Denver hating Melo. They know Melo wants NY. They are going to do everything in their power to make sure Melo doesn't get what he wants. This is out of spite.

Denver's GM was at Melo's wedding too. It was reported that he was visibly very angry with the talk of him joining Amare in NY. Denver feels like they have done everything for Melo and he's spitting in their faces. Remember how childish Cleveland's owner and Toronto's GM were? It won't be above Denver's GM and owner to not give in to Melo's demands out of spite.

This is just another reason for us to wait until next year and sign him. And it seems like Melo is seeing that too.

Yeah, Melo seems to be ready to tough out the season in Denver if the reward is signing in NY this coming offseason. Everyone talking about the lack of money he will receive for playing based on the new CBA is stupid. He will be playing for his hometown team, trying to bring us back from the brink and will most assuredly get countless endorsement deals being in a prime, global media market. Melo can re-coup the money he "may lose" but didn't LeFake and coat tails Bosh sign for less than the max? Let's get Melo and CP3 Donnie.

mafra

Legend
Great News. We can put all this to bed now. DENVER will send Carmelo anywhere right now but NY. Cool. I'll keep my prospects and get to work.

I was willing to give to get Melo now. BUt I would prefer waiting, and now it looks like we'll get Melo for nothing and DEN will get nothing.

Got to love rich idiots. They hate it when they don't have control. Instead of getting 2 young, talented players.... They'll get NADA. Good!

Now ball is in Melo's court. He can just play out the year, trying to win wherever he is. SImply refuse to sign an extension anywhere, keeping his "options" open and just sign with the Knicks next July 1st.

Done deal.

NY Knicks would be a legitimate contender next season if you subtract Curry from this roster and insert Melo.

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Amar'e
Randolph

Gallo, Mozgov, Douglas, SG (Mason, Azu, Walker), Fields

Let's do it!

I'm sure I-Thomas let Melo's people know.... in not so many words.... screw the potential cap uncertainty situation.... Dolan will get you that money one way or another. This is probably what DEN thinks when it claims TAMPERING.

Knicks are this close, and if Donnie pulls this off.... Gets Melo.... Then there should be a freaking statue of the old dude outside MSG.

Now, this means we must avoid temptation makind a deadline deal. So we retain Curry until season's end.

ALL UP TO CARMELO now. He needs to have his agent tell DEN's GM and Owner.... Melo will play his heart out and try to win DEN a title this season. He'll be a model citizen and teammate. But he will exercise his right next summer to become a free agent. He's given DEN 8 seasons (if he plays this year in DEN). He has no regrets. He'll be open to hear what DEN has to say, but he also is itching to get back to the East coast.

You can either trade him to NY, the only team he'll sign an extension with. Or trade him elsehwere (if that team will gamble and accept terms of deal - no extension), or keep Melo and risk losing him for nothing. Those are the options on the table.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Exactly, this all needs to be put to bed, Melo needs to "compete" in Denver this year, then it's on this summer. Knicks will be improved as well and have had time to gel as a team. It won't be like coming to a 29 win team (which didn't stop Amar'e) and maybe thinking you have an impact that can change the course of that franchise. This would be Melo joining an existing team in the process of wanting to be better.

iSaYughh

Starter
Like a wounded animal backed into a corner now lashing now spastically...

Could be a move to one last time try to spur Melo into a mild panic and have him sign elsewhere via trade.

Assuming that doesn't happen we are gold. Hopefully, Melo gets mad too and really goes to spite them. That would be beautiful, and he would reach a newfound status of epic, even legend, if he stonewalled for a full offseason and year, to come to us all along where he wanted to go. Badass.

The one risk would be things changing for teams during the season...not that I envision it, but e.g....CHI becoming willing to let Noah go if they feel more confidence in what the deal could bring them right then and there. But I don't see it.

moneyg

Starter
i just hope that melo now comes out and says" i only signing a extension with the kicks if im traded..other than that i talk to denver at the end of the year"

the fact is melo never requested a trade.. he just didnt sign the extension...

tell me what team would trade for him if he say that.

even under the new cba ... he could get a longer deal and than the three years extension.. they may cut it from 5 to 4 but not to three.. so he can in effect sign like a 4 year deal with ny for about 75mil...lebron.. wade and bosh took less.. he should to..if he reallt wants ny

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Very telling quotes from Melo

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._money_will_be_there_i_care_about_basketball/

"Money is money. Money's going to be there," Anthony told the media. "It's about basketball."
"It's a big risk," Anthony said about the new CBA. "At the end of the day, it's about basketball." "It?s scary," he said. "Of course, it's scary. There's a lot of anxiety to see what's going to happen."

More and more it seems like he is willing to wait it out in Denver this year and come to NY this summer with a team that features depth instead of trading that depth for Melo.

mafra

Legend
Very telling quotes from Melo

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._money_will_be_there_i_care_about_basketball/

"Money is money. Money's going to be there," Anthony told the media. "It's about basketball."
"It's a big risk," Anthony said about the new CBA. "At the end of the day, it's about basketball." "It?s scary," he said. "Of course, it's scary. There's a lot of anxiety to see what's going to happen."

More and more it seems like he is willing to wait it out in Denver this year and come to NY this summer with a team that features depth instead of trading that depth for Melo.

Carmelo can see the writing on the wall, and he understands the PROs & CONs here.

Sure, it would be fantastic to come to NYC and play at MSG this season; start getting in rhythm with STAT and get his money. In a perfect world, this is exactly what would be happening right now.

But Melo also sees what's going on in MIA, ORL, MIl & CHI. He realizes STAT-MELO makes the Knicks legitimate title contenders in the East.... and with the Lakers aging and OKC still young.... Well, he knows what his presence will mean for NY.

HOWEVER, if you have Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, Chandler, Mozgov, Turiaf and such surrounding STAT-MELO, along with Felton.... Well, now you probably pass the rest of the teams and are now an elite team.

How do you defend this team in the 4th?

Felton-Stat run pick and roll, with Melo on the wing, Gallo waiting to drain a 3 and Randolph roaming baseline? WOAH!

How do you contend with Randolph-Mozgov, Turiaf, STAT and Melo down in the paint? This is like what the Lakers have now.

SO, Melo has come to peace with the reality that he'll get his money somehow next summer. IT JUST MAKES BASKETBALL SENSE to keep NYK intact. AFTER ALL, if he knows this is his future home (for the 2011-2017 seasons) then he wants the BEST team possible. He had a "good" team in DENVER. Why sabotage his future team by demanding to get there 10 months early?

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Agreed !

Man Melo has to know this and understand exactly what the article points out it is better to come to a team with depth. I can't wait till Sunday .........