Knicks have found 2011 pick to make Melo trade

portega1968

El Cacique
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...trade_for_2011_pick_to_use_in_trade_for_melo/

According to Chris Sheridan, Knicks have a trading partner to pick up a 2011 pick that they can send to Denver and make the Melo trade happen.

Are we close to seeing Gallo, Randolph, Chandler and Douglas leave New York?

I'd hate to see these guys leave knowing we can get Melo anyway as a free agent next year.

Denver is adamant about making Anthony go before season starts... so Stay tuned

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Fingers crossed.......

Denver is adamant about moving Melo before the season starts, so this may be the only way in which we get him.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Randolph and Gallo are not both going. Maybe one will go. But I hope Donnie kicks ass on this and keeps both and find some how to keep TD. Those 3 guys have an attitude you need to win. I want Melo more than anything but I would rather wait for the deadline where the Knicks have the most leverage.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Hopefully it's Chandler for pick. Then you trade pick + AR + TD + Curry for MElo. DOne and done! We keep Gallo and pick up Melo!

Felton
Melo
Gallo
AMare
Turiaf

4th seed!

Hopefully it's Chandler for pick. Then you trade pick + AR + TD + Curry for MElo. DOne and done! We keep Gallo and pick up Melo!

Felton
Melo
Gallo
AMare
Turiaf

4th seed!
Im hopin ur right. We gt Meli without dealing Gallo is a win. That type or shooting wit stat on yhe inside is ungaurdable.

moneyg

Starter
the question is ... how high is the pick potentially gonna be.. i dont think the nuggets will want a lakers,boston,magic,heat type of 1st round pick...:smokin:

Felton
Melo
Gallo
AMare
Turiaf

4th seed!
a chance to be 3rd seed but with chemistry issues we will probley be 4th or 5th. our Bench would SUUUUCKKKK!

Mozgov
Mason
Walker
Fields
Azabukie
Rautins
Ewing jr

Well we could sign Earl Barron and trade for a rookie Point guard.....

If we absolutely must. I'd rather see Gallo leave in a trade over Randolph. FFFF i wish we could just fast foward til next offseason and we sign Melo as a FA.

iSaYughh

Starter

Felton
Melo
Gallo
AMare
Turiaf

4th seed!

Pow! I can 100% see this. Though, I wouldn't mind really making DEN bend over. If they truly are so (resigned) to getting rid of Melo asap and as an absolute priority...in conjunction with Melo making the epic play of saying I'm going to NY either way.

Either I Walk To MSG After 2010...or...YOU Appease NYC To Where THEY Are Willing To Trade Now.

Beautiful.

And Melo can play the two...Think outside the box a lil...a intra-rotating comb0 of Melo/Gallo/STAT, between the 2, 3, even 4 slots, with Walker/Mason/Azzy thrown in as "true" sg's would be LETHAL!

We have a 1 who is a distributor with pure point instincts. Melo and Gallo are ideal 3's but have the passing and vision...and SIZE...to fill in at both the 2 and 4 respectively at times, as well as a 4 (STAT) who has been an allstar as a 5.

That is vicious versatility and a coaches dream.

Top5 NBA contender right away.

Felton
Melo-Mason
Gallo-Walker
STAT-Turiaf
Moz-Jordan
(Azzy)

STAT and especially Turiaf subbing through the 5; Walker between the 3 and 2; Melo and Gallo between the 2, 3, occasional 4.

moneyg

Starter
Yes but he would have to play the two and I think can do so quite nicely. (better than Gallo could)

thats why gallo has to go or come off the bench.

we need defense at the two and melo can not guard the 2 position.. we have enough scoring power ..

we need defense.. mason jr would be better at the two or even chandler if he is not traded... randolph would be better as well

felton
mason jr/azzy
melo
amare
turiaf/ t mo

we got enough buckets there

defense wins

we were like a top 5 scoring team last year at like 103 a gm.. we will be better..but we got to play defense

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Donnie should be fired if he gives up Gallo + Randolph + Douglas + picks for Melo. That's an Isiah move. Come to think of it, I would be willing to bet Isiah is somehow involved in all this mess. It smells of impatience and a rush to trade without thinking it through.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Donnie should be fired if he gives up Gallo + Randolph + Douglas + picks for Melo. That's an Isiah move. Come to think of it, I would be willing to bet Isiah is somehow involved in all this mess. It smells of impatience and a rush to trade without thinking it through.

Where did u read that Walsh was using Gallo + Randolph + Douglas + picks for Melo?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Felton
Melo
Gallo
AMare
Turiaf

4th seed!

Hopefully it is Chandler! But how high will the pick be?

Denver want Melo traded before the season. Not by the first trade deadline. Not by the ASG deadline either.

If he plays the first 10 games of the season and averages 28ppg, and THEN they trade him for prospects, they are stoopid.

Donnie knows this. He'll let the pressure mount and then offer as little as possible when Denver's GM is hysterical with stress.

alg_walsh.jpg

Denver are desperate. A rebuild is imminent. With Curry's contracted included in any scenario, they'll be $30M+ under the cap next year if they exercise their option on Billups contract. With the lockout looking more likely as well, they should start saving now.

We really don't have to offer them shit. Donnie knows that.

Pick
AR - sad but necessary.
Azubuike
Curry
Fields

We then keep Ewing Jr. and Williams to add numbers and don't lose Douglas. We keep the 2014 pick as well. Frontcourt stays intact.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That's providing or assuming that ?ber Brat, James Dolan, world class dick wart and moron, doesn't somehow intervine and **** everything with Smeagol by his side, being still bitter that LeBron didn't sign here and needing compensation.