2 Problems: we start season without SG, our 6th best man substitute Amare

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
Ok guys. For me we have a good team. But with too confusion... Who is the center? Who is the SG? why we have two very good SF (Gallo and Chandler) and two very good PF(Amare and Randolph) and no good Center and no one SG?
Can we solve it with trade? I don't think so....
Can D'Antony solve it? I don't think so... he add confusion too confusion.
Can we trade Chandler Randolph Walker Fields for a C and for a SG.
All the teams that win have good guys in right position. Try to think...

Chandler and Fields for MAYO
Randolph and Walker for NOAH

Felton
Mayo
Gallo
Amare
Noah

Douglas
Mason jr.
Azzy
Turiaf
Mozgov

Rautins
Curry

Paul1355

All Star
Ok guys. For me we have a good team. But with too confusion... Who is the center? Who is the SG? why we have two very good SF (Gallo and Chandler) and two very good PF(Amare and Randolph) and no good Center and no one SG?
Can we solve it with trade? I don't think so....
Can D'Antony solve it? I don't think so... he add confusion too confusion.
Can we trade Chandler Randolph Walker Fields for a C and for a SG.
All the teams that win have good guys in right position. Try to think...

Felton
Mayo
Gallo
Amare
Noah

Douglas
Mason jr.
Azzy
Turiaf
Mozgov

Rautins
Curry
Bro stop with the crazy trade ideas, if we trade anyone it will be for Melo, if not then we will keep the players we have.

Noah is not going anywhere and we are not looking at Mayo.

THe only targets we have in mind are Melo, possibly a center for 2011 FA if Mozgov does not pan out, and Chris Paul/Derron Willams in 2012

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I've been saying this from the beginning. We need a SG. Rudy Fernandez would have solved that problem. But unfortunately that has been put aside while we focus on Melo.

Paul1355

All Star
I've been saying this from the beginning. We need a SG. Rudy Fernandez would have solved that problem. But unfortunately that has been put aside while we focus on Melo.

Chris Sheridan reported that Rudy wants to play in Spain and is fed up with the NBA...Portland ruined Rudy's desire to play in the NBA with no PT and beeing too greedy in the trade offers.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Your biggest mistake is claiming Randolph solely as a PF.

He has the quickness to defend SFs and the size to defend PFs and even certain Cs (not the Howards or the Boguts but he could guard an average center).

Putting him solely as a PF is a huge mistake considering the guy could probably guard a slow SG if he had to. He's versatile like that; he fits either 3 or 4 but he COULD play 2-5. Restricting him to the 4 is limiting his athleticism and his shooting ability, the latter of which has been received tremendously in training camp.

Chandler and Fields won't get us OJ Mayo.

And you claim we're starting the season without an SG even though we're starting Wilson Chandler and we have Bill Walker as 2nd on the depth chart (Walker was our best 3 point shooter in the second half...yes, even better than Gallo, and has the athleticism and work ethic to boot). Yes, we don't have a PURE SG but we don't really NEED to have a pure SG to win. Many teams don't have PURE PGs either but they still do fine without them.

And yes we need an SG but what do you think Walsh is doing?

Portland realizes that if they don't trade Fernandez eventually they'll lose him for nothing. He'll become a problem in the locker room eventually and then the team's performance will deteriorate and they'll have no choice but to get rid of him.

That's when we can get him without having to give up a pick or Wilson Chandler. Walsh is smart and patient - he didn't panic and offer Gallo/Randolph/Douglas/Curry/Walker/Fields when he heard about the Nets' potential trade with the Nuggets, and he's not going to panic just because we need an SG and Portland wants more for Rudy Fernandez.

If we wait on the Fernandez scenario and see if we can get him for maybe a Bill Walker-caliber player or something like that, then we can spin Chandler for an early-mid first rounder for a Melo trade if necessary. Can you imagine what would happen if Walsh had pulled the trigger on the Fernandez trade and given up Chandler and then we find out that we could've gotten a pick for Chandler to trade for Melo but didn't, and then he went somewhere else?

Would've been a disaster. We don't have a pure SG just yet but we have tons of players who can shoot the long ball really well (Rautins, Douglas, Felton, Gallo, Walker, Azubuike, Mason, all of these guys have been above average 3 point shooters at one point in their careers), we have athletic wing players (Landry Fields, Bill Walker, Wilson Chandler), and most importantly, they've got tons of potential to IMPROVE

Toons

is the Bo$$
randlph will be better than noah first off
secondly, mayo aint goin nowhere at least not for chandler. maybe thabeet for eddy curry's contract, fields and chandler

thabeet is gonna be a special player when e reaches his peak

KBlack25

Starter

Are you kidding?

No seriously, are you ****ing kidding?

There is no way either of these trades happen.

Why on earth would Memphis give up their best player for Wilson Chandler and a 2nd round draft choice?

Why on earth would Chicago give US their best inside presence when they are trying to compete with us in the East?

Seriously, just quit it. It's getting annoying.

Smooth21

Rookie
I don't want OJ Mayo anywhere near this team. No thank you. I think some Knick fans overrate Chandler but I'll take him over Mayo based on our situation. We just got out of the era of selfish gunners, we don't need to trade for one of the biggest ball stoppers in the league.

Ideally I want to see Mozgov and Turiaf each get 20 minutes at the 5. Turiaf played about 20 mpg the last two seasons so he's capable of doing it. Mozgov will be a question simply based foul trouble and if he can stay out of it. I guess Amare gets the other 8 minutes. Randolph at the 5 will be ugly IMO.

Smooth21

Rookie

Rudy really wouldn't have been as big of a solution as most fans seem to think. I like his game but he seems to be one of the more overrated players on the Interwebz. Outside of his first year in Portland he's been pretty meh.

Kiyaman

Legend
Didnt the Bulls and Nets turn down a trade for Melo when Denver wanted Noah & Brooks in the deal? YEP!

The Knicks are not WEAK at Melo position, so a Knick trade for Rudy or Mayo should be a first priority over Melo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Are you kidding?

No seriously, are you ****ing kidding?

There is no way either of these trades happen.

Why on earth would Memphis give up their best player for Wilson Chandler and a 2nd round draft choice?

Why on earth would Chicago give US their best inside presence when they are trying to compete with us in the East?

Seriously, just quit it. It's getting annoying.

ease up bro, im sure you have seen waaya more wack trades than this. If Chi town wasnt overhyping NOAH in the melo trade, no one would argue it. Mayo is good, he is no daron williams. Fields will be a good player, trust me, thats a kinda balanced trade IMO. RANDOLPH IS BETTER THAN NOAH. \

youre taking this online forum a bit too serious, and thats annoying. that could be some kid posting, and ur all up on his shit because he postaed an IMAGINARY trade idea that you disagree with. Grow up Kblack

KBlack25

Starter
ease up bro, im sure you have seen waaya more wack trades than this. If Chi town wasnt overhyping NOAH in the melo trade, no one would argue it. Mayo is good, he is no daron williams. Fields will be a good player, trust me, thats a kinda balanced trade IMO. RANDOLPH IS BETTER THAN NOAH. \

youre taking this online forum a bit too serious, and thats annoying. that could be some kid posting, and ur all up on his shit because he postaed an IMAGINARY trade idea that you disagree with. Grow up Kblack

I didn't say Randolph is or isn't better than Noah but Noah is the Bulls best all around inside presence...why on earth would they give him up for another scorer...they have plenty of guys who can put the ball in the hoop. The trade makes no sense.

And if you really think Mayo for Chandler and Fields is a balanced trade you must be on several thousand illicit drugs. Mayo is the best player in Memphis, they would never give him up for Chandler when they have Rudy Gay who basically can do what Chandler does, only better, and a guy that went in the 2nd round in the most recent draft.

And if you think I really went off on him, you obviously haven't seen some of the threads on this site that including posting colonoscopy pictures and swearing and racial slurs like they are going out of style.

metrocard

Legend
I don't want OJ Mayo anywhere near this team. No thank you. I think some Knick fans overrate Chandler but I'll take him over Mayo based on our situation. We just got out of the era of selfish gunners, we don't need to trade for one of the biggest ball stoppers in the league.

Ideally I want to see Mozgov and Turiaf each get 20 minutes at the 5. Turiaf played about 20 mpg the last two seasons so he's capable of doing it. Mozgov will be a question simply based foul trouble and if he can stay out of it. I guess Amare gets the other 8 minutes. Randolph at the 5 will be ugly IMO.

You're an idiot.

chandler's handle looked improved in that game vs milan. i don't expect him to be a secondary playmaker for others, as most sg's should be, but if he can be that 3rd scorer, i think we've got ourselves a nice little team.