OFFICIAL RECAP Knicks v. AJ Milano

Remix 37

Rookie
Link

Found this link from the same author of the ACCURATE SEASON PREVIEW, which i personally found VERY fair, exciting, optimistic, and correct.

It's a great recap and really shows what went well, wrong, improvements and some valid points.I like the part about Toney Douglas comparison.

Im just AMP'd for AMARE..He is going to beast all season and i hope everyone will follow his lead. I just dont know how people can say this guy is going to break down..it doesnt even look close to feeling effects from any injury.

Enjoy fellas, and LETS GET THIS SEASON STARTED!!!

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Link

Found this link from the same author of the ACCURATE SEASON PREVIEW, which i personally found VERY fair, exciting, optimistic, and correct.

It's a great recap and really shows what went well, wrong, improvements and some valid points.I like the part about Toney Douglas comparison.

Im just AMP'd for AMARE..He is going to beast all season and i hope everyone will follow his lead. I just dont know how people can say this guy is going to break down..it doesnt even look close to feeling effects from any injury.

Enjoy fellas, and LETS GET THIS SEASON STARTED!!!

Allowing 113 points from a team who competes in a league about 5 levels below the level you compete in is not that enjoyable.

Now I know that this is a test game, the first game of the totally new team together.... But yo if they want to make the playoffs they gotta play some defense, at least a little bit.

Allowing 113 points from a team who competes in a league about 5 levels below the level you compete in is not that enjoyable.

Now I know that this is a test game, the first game of the totally new team together.... But yo if they want to make the playoffs they gotta play some defense, at least a little bit.

I Didnt mind the defense at all

Alot of open jumpers given up by the bench

against a team that has been playing together for years

We went after blocked shots,and we clogged the lane well

Im not worried on the defensive end, We will get better there.

Remix 37

Rookie

obviously Defense, but every player that went in there was more worried about cracking the rotation adn the only way to catch dantoni's eye sadly is by stellar offense...If dantoni cared about defense he wud put mozgov as starting Center..Turiaf is nice compliment to AMare as well, but Mozgov is coordinated, physical, shotblocker and smart for is age/size

The Gov was the most impressive for me and I also liked that Chandler was not settling for three pointers and being unselfish. I also liked the P-N-R between Douglas and The Gov. This looks like the most exciting Knick's team in years.:thumbsup:

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Mozgov was extremely impressive, if he keeps playing like that he'll start next to Amare. Wish we saw more pick and rolls between Felton and STAT but that will come. Chandler cannot start at SG, we need Azubuike badly.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Just returned home from the Milan forum.
MdA has a lot of work to do with this team.
Amare ok, he's a very all star. Gallo was great but he has to do more than 3-point shoots, Randolph has a very big potential.
The rest of the team is a question mark at the moment.
For long time during the match you couldn't recognize which of the 2 teams was the NBA one...
I know they are at the first steps, let's see what happen in the next weeks hoping that MdA will find the way to grow at a decent level.
What I have seen tonight is not so comfortable for a team that aim at the post-season.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
And pay attention at this point: the best scorer (and maybe also player) for AJ Milano was Pecherov, the center. Ok, he's a good player, but if Pecherov made this, what happen with the best NBA centers ?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Gallo is still our only decent outside shooter. We need guys to hit shots from the outside for this system to work effectively. Spreading the floor is going to be so important.

Felton was surpsingly unimpressive. No leadership either.

Mason looked like I thought he would...like a bench combo guard.

Chandler played well. He will definitely hold the starting SG position until Azubuike is healthy, whenever that will be.

Randolph is freakishly athletic but out of control sometimes.

The Moz is the man. He should start at Center. Although he did pick up too many silly fouls.

And where is the pick-and-roll? I figured that would be a staple of our offense and Felton only ran it once. Douglas ran it more and better than Felton.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Amare scored a lot but was not feeling shot selection at times he wont get some of the shots he took today to fall against Quality NBA bigmen.

Gallo is still relying way too much on the 3 point shot, at this point it's now Dantonis responsibility to get him to take the ball to the hoop because he is not doing it still. I was the most disappointed in him

Randolph has a lot of Al Harrington tendencies, when shots are falling you don't mind the shots he takes but on off nights he is going to look bad. Like the hustle on the boards and help D tho.

Wilson had the best game of all The Knicks, he drove the ball, he knocked down shots and he defended well. Good job Will :thumbsup:

Felton looked very shaky out there, hopefully that gets better with more time running this offense.

Mozgov looked good too. Still very hard to evaluate because like in The Worlds he played today against some much smaller and weaker talent, Minny will be a nice test with him going against Darko and Kevin Love. If he looks solid against them we could be on to something here.

Toney Douglas looked good, I like him as a backup

Laundry Feilds had the deer in the headlights the whole time he was in should improve with minutes.

Overall....not bad for a team with a starting 5 that only has two players who have ever played a season together. As the rotation tightness cohesiveness will come so the TO's don't kill me. Loved the blocks shots!!!!!!!!!!!

Player of the Game.....none other than Amare, again didnt like the shot selection at times but was clearly the best player on the floor and played like it! How bout that dunk in the first half!!!!

amare_stoudemire10.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
Oh I forgott....horrible job on the boards as a team! that has to get better! Amare in particular is going to have to improve in this area for us.