Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Felton + Douglas VS Rondo

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Knicks V Boston

askaknickmain201011.jpg

As a team still in the throws of jelling and determining roles, this will be a big game as far as 'putting out the feelers' goes. In this thread, I'm using Boston as a 'hoop barometer' for defining the roster, by pitting our own players against one another AND their direct opponents. The 'barometer' is a measure for each position over the starting weeks of the regular season.

@ C: Mozgov & Turiaf VS The O'Neals and KG. Not sure if Jermaine's currently active or not. I think Ronnie will start, but his heinous offense will be what stands out the most again. Mozgov's first real test. If he doesn't foul out in 15 minutes I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Who'll have the better game? The Gov. If he can play light footed offensively, he'll make Shaq look like a potato. Again, if he doesn't foul stupidly and often.

Who should start/get the majority of the minutes this year? Ronnie. Only to allow Mozgov to read games, and savour some foul time in the first quarter. The Gov will get the majority of the minutes out of the 2, with Stat and AR playing some occasional 5.

@ PF: Stat VS KG: Anyone's guess here? Could go either way. I hate Gaynett, I really do, but he is a great defender and will irritate Stat on D. Not so sure how Stat will fare against KG defensively though. Big Baby will be in there somewhere as well, but Stat will dismantle him.

No point wondering who our star PF will be.

@ SF: Gallo, Chandler & AR VS Paul Penis. I'm not sure if Pierce will play a lot of this game due to weakaspissitis. Pit Gallo, AR and Chandler against one another, and at this stage, after 2 preseason games, Chandler is looking the best of the 3. It's the big debate with so much depth and so much inconsistency. It'll come down to who wants it the most, and brings it the hardest at this stage.

Who should start? Whether or not you agree, it will be The Cock. It's his spot to win or lose. So far, IMO, he's losing it. It's a big year for him and he needs to stop jacking low% 3s that stagnate ball movement and add some post game @ 6'10".

@SG: Chandler VS Allen.This will be an interesting match up. If Chandler plays a heady game, this could be the X factor that works to our advantage. He will squash Nate.

Who should start? For now, it's Ill Will. He's doing well too! Good for him. Otherwise, I don't know what to say here? Mason Jr. is a scrub man. Walker will be 9th or 10th in the rotation...... Seriously, at this stage, I'd try Fields at the 2 after Chandler or try Gallo there since all he's ****ing done so far is jack 3s and it's giving me a rash. Hurry up and come back AZU!

@ PG: This, as our key match up, is a big call - Felton and TD VS Rondo. We all hate him, but Rondo's elite on both ends. Felton literally HAS to bring it as co-captain, because you know Toney's ready for Rondo. TD will play him better defensively. Success for Felton against Rondo will booster his confidence and be momentum building going in to the regular season.

While I still think Felton will be fine after the cobwebs have shaken off, I can see Felton VS Douglas becoming the next Gallo Vs Chandler. That's a good thing, not a bad one. Felton is obviously the starter, but by the end of the season or the beginning of the next, this debate will heat up. Assuming of course that Douglas isn't traded for Smelo.

36706_408991014642_839319642_4309358_5312683_n.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I know this is a preseason game, but nobody goes up against the Celtics half heartedly. Mike D and the team want this win as badly as any poster here.

New New York

Quiet Storm
call me crazy....but with me hating The Heat as much as I do now, I kinda have tappered in my dislike for The Celtics

Still the photo of the <S>Big 3</S> Older 3 is hilarious!

When is the game anyways, Wendsday right?

jpz17

Starter
I like the outline of the number on the jersey. finally changing up the uniforms. Took long enough. The old jerseys remind me too much of Crawful, Curry, Z, Isiah etc

Paul1355

All Star
LOL

Funny and great game thread....love the pictures and nick names...

Gallo is losing his spot by jacking up three's and if Chandler is really good on both ends of the floor and not jacking up shots when Azzy gets back, then Gallo could be out of a starting gig.

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
I am big Gallo fan but at this point it might help him and us to bring him in for scoring off the bench. Let wilson handle the bulk of the game against the top SF with his on ball defense.:2cents:

call me crazy....but with me hating The Heat as much as I do now, I kinda have tappered in my dislike for The Celtics

Still the photo of the <s>Big 3</s> Older 3 is hilarious!

When is the game anyways, Wendsday right?
Same here.. The heat have definitely taken the Celts spot on my hate radar.. The Celtics have dropped considerably..

LMAO at that pic tho Crazy8s. ****ing saved

tiger0330

Legend
The game tomorrow will be a back to back for the C's, they play Philly tonight. I would think Doc rests his starters a lot tomorrow so don't expect the same matchups like in the regular season.

I am just looking for improvement in the Knicks rebounding and improvement from Felton regardless of who the Celts throw out there. Looking for Moz to be able to stay on the floor and not go to the bench in foul trouble also.

A win would be great esp. in front of the home crowd.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I agree with this poll before i even looked at the outcome. For me the Knicks got a good shot if our pg is playing dynamic and swishing and dishing (borrowed that from clyde) Obviously there are a lot more match ups to be concerned with, but I like our chances if our pgs can play lights out basketball because they are the ones dishing the rock and setting people up an hopefully slashing to the paint. I wanna see felton set up gallo stat and so onnn... its early but if he does I will be every happy

Paul1355

All Star
We have to esablish the pick and roll, which we barely did against the T Wolves which suprised me.

Pick and Roll, post up to Amare, or kick out to Douglas, Gallo, Mason, Walker for the 3

Toons

is the Bo$$
the cetics are gonna take this game seriously. they sat their whole starting 5 last night.....i bet they start the entire starting 5 tonight.

the cetics are gonna take this game seriously. they sat their whole starting 5 last night.....i bet they start the entire starting 5 tonight.
For all I care they could have dressed up as the Celtic Dancers and just danced around last night! its 2010! Were the New York Knicks! Our Team is here! The City is here! Its gonna be loud tonight and Im gonna get crazy! Tonight its about showing our Team that the Garden Fans can carry them through some tough games! And showing the Celtics that coming to The Garden is no longer a walk in the park!

EVERYBODY SAY GO NY GO NY GO!