This team needs to slash

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We got young, strong, and fast players who can handle the ball well. Enough of this three point shooting. Imagine if Gallo's three point shooting was his second priority and attacked the rim as his first, he could be a consistent threat.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah we're not playing Nellie-ball here, guys.

We need to stop settling for jumpers. Gallo did much better tonight, though, shooting over 50% and only shooting four 3's...it's progress.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
So we've spent the last 10 years with nothing at PF/center...now we load up with Amare/Randolph/Mozgov, etc...ehhhhhhhhh, dunno...confused

All this team needs is a scorer and a rebounder. AKA Carmelo Anthony and Earl Barron. we get that and we are the 4th, 3rd or dare I say 6th seed.

Trade on December 15th

Spurs Get
Wilson Chandler

Nuggets get
Eddy Curry
Anthony Randolph
2014 1st round pick from Knicks
2012 first round pick from Spurs
2012 2nd round pick from Golden State
2012 2nd round pick from Boston (Nate Robinson deal)
2012 2nd round pick from Knicks
2012 2nd round pick from Spurs

Knicks get
Carmelo Anthony
2nd round pick from Nuggets

Then we sign Earl Barron with the empty roster spots, and if Allen Iverson is willing to come off the bench....

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Carmelo Anthony
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Timofey Mozgov

BENCH

G Allen Iverson
C Earl Barron
C Ronny Turiaf
G Toney Douglas
F/G Bill Walker
G Roger Mason
F/G Landry Fields
G Andy Rautins
F Patrick Ewing jr
G Kelena Azabukie

Paul1355

All Star
We got young, strong, and fast players who can handle the ball well. Enough of this three point shooting. Imagine if Gallo's three point shooting was his second priority and attacked the rim as his first, he could be a consistent threat.
I totally agree of how we should play but you forget to mention that we do have very effective slashers in Chandler, Amare, Mozgov, Felton, Douglas, Walker, Fields, even Ewing Jr. can throw down a dunk in someone's face....teh problem...honestly...is that MIke D emphasiezes quick shooting and since teams play defense against the layup, we wind up throwing bricks.

We don't have many shooters that can hit shots consistently. Only Bill Walker really is the player that hits three point shots over 40% consistently where Gallo will be amazing for one half of a season and then fail the second half like last year.

Mason Jr. should be much better but he is off to a rough start shooting, same with Rautins, and Gallo is still very inconsistent.

Wilson CHandler's shot has improved so far.

Amare can hit the mid range, so can Felton and Douglas...so we have shooters but not many long ball shooters.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Too many Role Players

If you watch the games the Knicks are trying to make it happen inside unfortunately teams have keyed in on their inconsistent outside shooting and have played a lot of zone and or packed the paint daring non shooters like Randolph and Felton to make jump shots. All the Knicks need to do is MAKE their shots. Gallo is the key in this respect, until he consistently poses a threat from outside will he or the Knicks have opportunities to score in the paint. Count in our lack of post play and it becomes elementary as to why we score so little in the paint aside from STAT obviously.

From watching the Knicks these first couple of Games I will be the first to say KiyaMan was just spot on about Chandler and I agree that he is our 2nd best player right now. His improved shot selection and field goal percentage has impressed and while not a pure SG he can fill in just fine, not to mention he can play 2-4 on defense. Gallo and Randolph look like s#it right now. While the potential is there (millionth time this has been said) Gallo will most likely be a decent starter and Randolph an energy 6th Man see (Jason Maxiell.) Amare needs help on the offensive end and If I am the Knicks I consider moving both Gallo, Randolph and whoever else necessary to get Melo now.

While many consider this "gutting the team" I feel with the emergence of our bench (Douglas, Fields, Azzy, Turiaf etc,) we have too much depth and not enough playing time. By trading away some "projects" we can get some serious talent to pair with STAT while he is in his prime all while freeing up some space for the likes of solid role players like Fields to get some play this season.

1. Felton
2. Chandler
3. Melo
4. STAT
5. Mozgov

Bench:

Douglas
Azzy
Fields
Turiaf

If we can set this team up now we get to make the playoffs and actually compete as a 4th or 5th seed in the Playoffs and possibly get to the 2nd Round Not get embarassed by the Heat or Celtics in the first. This develops chemistry and exposes our weakness in a playoff setting ( This lets us see whether we need to keep or Fire D'antoni. Depending on whether or not Chandler or Azzy fit the SG position we can just let their contracts expire or trade for picks at deadline. I am not a fan of wait till end of the year for multiple reasons.

With Melo now:

1. We win now
2. Carmelo and STAT have time to Gel
3. We can better build around Carmelo when he is here.
4. Chris Paul will find his way here to complete the Trifecta setting us up for a title run the year we acquire him. Other veteran free agents will take less to come here.
5. Nets make the trade and Carmelo gets Paul to join forming the Paul-Melo-Lopez Big Three AKA my Worst Knick Nightmare.

Bottomline: I don't buy the hype I am officially numb to the words "home grown, potential, development and project" time to build a proven winner. The Blueprint is out there... Champiosnhips teams have STARS and don't bother with "potential" see Lakers (Gasol trade) Celtics (KG and Ray trades) Miami Heat (Lebron & Bosh.. they gave up a number 2 pick Beasly to do this btw.) If you don't like it go see a Thunder Game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I totally agree of how we should play but you forget to mention that we do have very effective slashers in Chandler, Amare, Mozgov, Felton, Douglas, Walker, Fields, even Ewing Jr. can throw down a dunk in someone's face....teh problem...honestly...is that MIke D emphasiezes quick shooting and since teams play defense against the layup, we wind up throwing bricks.

This is very true. That is why we need an all around coach that can implement run and gun and half court when needed. Someone tell Mr. Dantoni its ok to have multiple strategies

Bottomline: I don't buy the hype I am officially numb to the words "home grown, potential, development and project" time to build a proven winner. The Blueprint is out there... Champiosnhips teams have STARS and don't bother with "potential" see Lakers (Gasol trade) Celtics (KG and Ray trades) Miami Heat (Lebron & Bosh.. they gave up a number 2 pick Beasly to do this btw.) If you don't like it go see a Thunder Game.

This is also very true. Potential only gets you so far.