What would your Knicks rotation be?

Paul1355

All Star
After some pre season games we are seeing the "question mark" players and seeing how they can fit on the team. So after the pre season games, what would you rotation be?

Here is mine:

Felton(36+min)/Douglas/Rautins/Mason
Chandler(30+min)/Walker/Fields/Rautins/Mason
Gallo(30+min)/Fields/Chandler/Walker
Amare(36+min)/Randolph
Mozgov(28+min)/Turiaf/Amare

Bench:
Sixth man: Douglas(20+min)
Role players: Fields(15+min), Randolph(15+min), Turiaf(10+min), Walker(10+min)
Bench warmers: Rautins and Mason Jr.(would only play for injured player or garbage minutes)
Odd man out: Shawne Williams...and then Mason

Once Azubuike comes back, Mason is the odd man out.

KingCharles34

All Star
felton
azubuike (chandler until azubuike's healthy)
Gallo (once azuibuke is healthy, if chandlers playin better then gallo then he gets to start at sf)
STARdamire
Mozgov

Bench: Douglas, gallo or chandler (see above), Turiaf, Randolph, Walker/Fields

Paul1355

All Star
felton
azubuike (chandler until azubuike's healthy)
Gallo (once azuibuke is healthy, if chandlers playin better then gallo then he gets to start at sf)
STARdamire
Mozgov

Bench: Douglas, gallo or chandler (see above), Turiaf, Randolph, Walker/Fields

lol bro u have to leave out Azubuike, he won't even play until christmas

KingCharles34

All Star
lol bro u have to leave out Azubuike, he won't even play until christmas

yea its too bad hes nice...i dont think there'd be any competition over who our starting 2 guard would be if he was healthy. By the time hes back to himself it will probably be February or March :suicide:

Paul1355

All Star
Felton
Feilds
Chandler
Amare
Mozgov
Sixth man-douglas
odd man out- mason williams
rest are role players

lol i love how Gallo is not even there....I was thinking of having your exact lineup but i would have been seen as crazy by Gallo lovers for not starting him.

Fields has been more impressive than Gallo, kind of sad.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The premise of pre-season is to gauge chemistry & cohesion. The coaches are still none the wiser as to the right starting 5 after 5 games.

During the pre-season, the presumed back ups Douglas, Fields and even Bill Walker out shined their position's starters.

For now, keep the mentality and adjust as best as possible by using a deep rotation of 10-11 players.

Felton
Chandler
Gallo
STAT
The Wizard of Moz - being the only non presumed starter.

Yeah i just taught with my lineup we have players who play the best at that position. Also with Gallinari and Randolph they would be playing with Douglas and Turiaf as the 2nd unit to provide more energy and scoring.

I don't think Mike D will use this lineup ever but just giving my:2cents:

mafra

Legend
Obviously it all depends on match-ups, who we are playing and what's working on a given evening... BUT....

PG: Felton
SG: Chandler
SF: Gallo
PF: Amar'e
C: Mozgov

* This is my STARTING unit. Chandler is best when he plays PF, for some reason, but I'll slide him up to SG and hope he holds it down...

This is also a "big" lineup, and (at times) if we want to get bigger we can shuffle in Randolph or Turiaf for Chandler. In essence, our MAX BIG lineup would feature a bruiser/rebounder (Turiaf or Randolph), with the GOV, while Felton-Amar'e run the P&R and Gallo waits for open 3s.

FELTON will play 32 minutes + on most nights. He's a warrior and a well-conditioned athlete. HOWEVER, I am down with this notion of CONSTANT PRESSURE. To me, this means constantly rotating people in and out to keep everyone fresh.

Basically, get in the game, make an impact, and as soon as your tank goes from full to not-so-full.... BUZZER.... have a seat and get refreshed.

So, Felton would see a few of these 2 minute resting sessions here and there, as I feel good about throwing in Douglas whenever.

My 6th man scoring option would be a 2-headed monster: Douglas and Walker. Douglas will fill that N8 role while Walker would supplants Harrington.

I can run these 2 in the moment Felton tires a tad, and Chandler begins to disappear. Quick bursts of energy... Shock and awe.... Apply pressure, force steals and bang down 3s.

At the same time, you have to anticipate early foul trouble for the Mozgov. First whistle sends Randolph in the game. Yeah, this would sort of be a contest with Mozgov. See how long you can go before the 1st foul. Sort of teach him to start off IN CONTROL of himself. Be aggressive, sure.... But not stupid.

Randolph goes in first foul on Mozgov and plays for about 4-5 minutes. Then the GOV goes back in. He doesn't come out until he tires, or picks up his 3rd foul.

After that... I get a feel for who is tiring, who is disappearing and who is producing - contributing. If I feel I need more rebounding, and a defensive presence in the paint... I send Turiaf in. Who he replaces depends on what's happening on the court. Gallo or Chandler, or even Randolph-Gov.

THAT'S MY MAIN 9-MAN rotation. Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Amar'e, Mozgov, Douglas, Walker, Randolph, Turiaf.

MY FINISHER FIVE, not to be mistaken with the starting 5 would be Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Amar'e, Randolph. 4th quarter. Close game. Under 8 minutes.... this is my go-to five to finish-close gamas... on most nights.

My 10th man is Landry Fields. Kid can play and can fill multiple role. HECK, I will even try to get away with him running the point, ala what Odom can do sometimes. Can he handle it? We shall see.

Based on who is playing poorly, or who is a non-factor, he could play SG-SF-PF. We shall see.

Rautins will be slowly worked in as well, gaining more of a role based on how he plays. He might sit a few games, then play 16 minutes one night.

THAT'S 11 men right there. This means we have 1 more open spot on the active roster and up to 3 on the inactive. The last active spot boils down to mason & Ewing.

OTHER THAN THAT... Obviously Azubuike is a big part of what we WANT to do. We hope he returns and earns the SG spot. We'll see. But for now he's on the inactive list.

So who gets the 12th spot?

Mason is in a tough spot. He's a vet, but he's played poorly. He's basically this year's Larry Hughes, in the sense that there's really no spot for him AT THIS MOMENT. Things are fluid, and change quickly... Injuries always sprout up.... So all I ask of him is to be patient, stay alert and be ready.... His number will eb called soon enough.... take advantage of the opportunity when it arrives.

Ewing should excel in this transition offense, he should run, and should be able to rise up and becoem a sort of defensive stopper. Sort of like how Jeffries was used on PGs, we can only hope Ewing can disrupt the rhythm of "hot" PG/SG players... When nothing is working, and we need to try something.... Ewing should get a shot.

Either way.... The 12th man wont see much action early on, until the clouds part and something arises...

We have now have our 12-man active roster, and 2 inactive spots filled. 14 players. Who gets the final 15th spot on the bench?

Shawne Williams or Eddy Curry?

Not sure what wiggle room we have, or what we can do. My guess is S-Williams gets cut or goes to the developmental league? Who knows. Maybe somebody can clear this up. We're stuck with Curry, so he's Mr. 15 in my book, and will be watching practice from the exercise bike and games from the locker room.

Can we trade an injured player? If not, then he sits b/c we don't want to risk anything. HOWEVER... and this is a BIG WHOPPING IF... Curry toes the line, follows the rules, gets and stays in shape, he'll be givena chance at some point. Minute by minute, he'll have to earn any playing time he garners. Could he be an asset? Sure, but for now he's just an ass.

FINALLY: I hope - sense we'll going to employ an uptempo high-pressure system. I see 3 groupings of players, almost interchangeable rotating in-&-out.... Going with the fresh/hot hand.

Felton, Douglas, Walker, Rautins
Chandler, Gallo, Fields (Ewing or Mason)
Amar'e, Mozgov, Randolph, Turiaf

Almost like 2 player per grouping... Depending on match-ups and whatnot, we'll constantly be running in 2-1-2.... Or some variation of that from each grouping. Maybe 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 2-2-1. You get the point.

On most nights Fields-Rautins & (Ewing or Mason) are on the outside looking in, as we'll probably stick with 10 men.

iSaYughh

Starter
Obviously it all depends on match-ups, who we are playing and what's working on a given evening... BUT....

PG: Felton
SG: Chandler
SF: Gallo
PF: Amar'e
C: Mozgov

* This is my STARTING unit. Chandler is best when he plays PF, for some reason, but I'll slide him up to SG and hope he holds it down...

This is also a "big" lineup, and (at times) if we want to get bigger we can shuffle in Randolph or Turiaf for Chandler. In essence, our MAX BIG lineup would feature a bruiser/rebounder (Turiaf or Randolph), with the GOV, while Felton-Amar'e run the P&R and Gallo waits for open 3s.

FELTON will play 32 minutes + on most nights. He's a warrior and a well-conditioned athlete. HOWEVER, I am down with this notion of CONSTANT PRESSURE. To me, this means constantly rotating people in and out to keep everyone fresh.

Basically, get in the game, make an impact, and as soon as your tank goes from full to not-so-full.... BUZZER.... have a seat and get refreshed.

So, Felton would see a few of these 2 minute resting sessions here and there, as I feel good about throwing in Douglas whenever.

My 6th man scoring option would be a 2-headed monster: Douglas and Walker. Douglas will fill that N8 role while Walker would supplants Harrington.

I can run these 2 in the moment Felton tires a tad, and Chandler begins to disappear. Quick bursts of energy... Shock and awe.... Apply pressure, force steals and bang down 3s.

At the same time, you have to anticipate early foul trouble for the Mozgov. First whistle sends Randolph in the game. Yeah, this would sort of be a contest with Mozgov. See how long you can go before the 1st foul. Sort of teach him to start off IN CONTROL of himself. Be aggressive, sure.... But not stupid.

Randolph goes in first foul on Mozgov and plays for about 4-5 minutes. Then the GOV goes back in. He doesn't come out until he tires, or picks up his 3rd foul.

After that... I get a feel for who is tiring, who is disappearing and who is producing - contributing. If I feel I need more rebounding, and a defensive presence in the paint... I send Turiaf in. Who he replaces depends on what's happening on the court. Gallo or Chandler, or even Randolph-Gov.

THAT'S MY MAIN 9-MAN rotation. Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Amar'e, Mozgov, Douglas, Walker, Randolph, Turiaf.

MY FINISHER FIVE, not to be mistaken with the starting 5 would be Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Amar'e, Randolph. 4th quarter. Close game. Under 8 minutes.... this is my go-to five to finish-close gamas... on most nights.

My 10th man is Landry Fields. Kid can play and can fill multiple role. HECK, I will even try to get away with him running the point, ala what Odom can do sometimes. Can he handle it? We shall see.

Based on who is playing poorly, or who is a non-factor, he could play SG-SF-PF. We shall see.

Rautins will be slowly worked in as well, gaining more of a role based on how he plays. He might sit a few games, then play 16 minutes one night.

THAT'S 11 men right there. This means we have 1 more open spot on the active roster and up to 3 on the inactive. The last active spot boils down to mason & Ewing.

OTHER THAN THAT... Obviously Azubuike is a big part of what we WANT to do. We hope he returns and earns the SG spot. We'll see. But for now he's on the inactive list.

So who gets the 12th spot?

Mason is in a tough spot. He's a vet, but he's played poorly. He's basically this year's Larry Hughes, in the sense that there's really no spot for him AT THIS MOMENT. Things are fluid, and change quickly... Injuries always sprout up.... So all I ask of him is to be patient, stay alert and be ready.... His number will eb called soon enough.... take advantage of the opportunity when it arrives.

Ewing should excel in this transition offense, he should run, and should be able to rise up and becoem a sort of defensive stopper. Sort of like how Jeffries was used on PGs, we can only hope Ewing can disrupt the rhythm of "hot" PG/SG players... When nothing is working, and we need to try something.... Ewing should get a shot.

Either way.... The 12th man wont see much action early on, until the clouds part and something arises...

We have now have our 12-man active roster, and 2 inactive spots filled. 14 players. Who gets the final 15th spot on the bench?

Shawne Williams or Eddy Curry?

Not sure what wiggle room we have, or what we can do. My guess is S-Williams gets cut or goes to the developmental league? Who knows. Maybe somebody can clear this up. We're stuck with Curry, so he's Mr. 15 in my book, and will be watching practice from the exercise bike and games from the locker room.

Can we trade an injured player? If not, then he sits b/c we don't want to risk anything. HOWEVER... and this is a BIG WHOPPING IF... Curry toes the line, follows the rules, gets and stays in shape, he'll be givena chance at some point. Minute by minute, he'll have to earn any playing time he garners. Could he be an asset? Sure, but for now he's just an ass.

FINALLY: I hope - sense we'll going to employ an uptempo high-pressure system. I see 3 groupings of players, almost interchangeable rotating in-&-out.... Going with the fresh/hot hand.

Felton, Douglas, Walker, Rautins
Chandler, Gallo, Fields (Ewing or Mason)
Amar'e, Mozgov, Randolph, Turiaf

Almost like 2 player per grouping... Depending on match-ups and whatnot, we'll constantly be running in 2-1-2.... Or some variation of that from each grouping. Maybe 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 2-2-1. You get the point.

On most nights Fields-Rautins & (Ewing or Mason) are on the outside looking in, as we'll probably stick with 10 men.

:peace: Very very nice.

To keep it short but sweet, i'm in the minority of not putting Chandler out of position at the 2. He does play better at the 3, even 4; and is very good flying off the bench into versatile positions and roles.

I also am more sold on giving Douglas/Walker big minutes at holding down the 2.

Felton
Douglas-Walker
Gallo-Chandler
STAT-Turiaf
Moz-AR

Fields and then Healthy Azzy our main other guys.

We have an extremely versatile roster so I expect to see tons of inter rotating and D'ant causing matchup havoc to go along w some truly insane athleticism and freakish physical stature of our team.