does STAT have problems rebounding?

quiggle

Starter
Yes, they did. Remember July?

oh yeah I forgot.

gal_backpage_0703.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
Does Eddy Curry have problems w/ Money and Food!!!!!!

I do have to say that Stoudamire is very much capable of being a "first option" he just does not have a second option around him.

Problem is that teams know to double and even triple team him because The Knicks don't have much else.

It's not about adding another big name player, its about getting a nice compliment and then we will see!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Does Eddy Curry have problems w/ Money and Food!!!!!!

I do have to say that Stoudamire is very much capable of being a "first option" he just does not have a second option around him.

Problem is that teams know to double and even triple team him because The Knicks don't have much else.

It's not about adding another big name player, its about getting a nice compliment and then we will see!

Thank you! STAT is getting defenses completely about stopping HIM. He has no viable second option to make defenses honest. Portland went all out to stop STAT. Gallo NEEDS to stop up and make some three's. I pray to god Chandler keeps looking like the second coming of the Matrix. I love Chandler's game these past 3 games. But Gallo NEEDS to turn on the ignition and go. We are a 30 win team with him averaging 6 pts a game.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
STAT's output would rise if there were a solid person who could hit the outside 3. Gallo's been invisible, so it's been pretty easy for teams to stop STAT on his own so far.

He's always been a somewhat inconsistent rebounder, but if he can draw double teams and allow guys like Gallo to hit the open 3 then that's way more important.

Problem is Gallo isn't hitting CRAP.

iSaYughh

Starter
He's a 1B. He has a dominant game with freakish athleticism and the ability to play like a toptop baller. But he has a couple flaws rooted in inconsistency, above all else.

He's a mediocre passer and rebounder. But is all in all below average and very underwhelming bc of how inconsistent he is in those areas.

I won't lie. I'm in love with him NOW that he IS here. But I didn't want him.

Those multiple 3 rebound, 4 rebound playoffs games (despite them being his maximally dominant game), really rubbed be wrong.

Getting repeatedly outboarded by a no defense, small, pure point...in the playoffs...when you are a (dominant) 6'10 huge bodied PF with disgusting athleticism and explosion...

STAT is still a MAX player in this day and age. We just pray his health holds.

Just get a supporting cast who are + rebounders (Fields is a great example, actually...so is Chandler...and a 5 whose game is rebounding, athleticism, and D).

Combine with a 1 or another 1B and we are set. Cough motherfcking cough Carmelo Anthony.

iSaYughh

Starter
STAT's output would rise if there were a solid person who could hit the outside 3. Gallo's been invisible, so it's been pretty easy for teams to stop STAT on his own so far.

He's always been a somewhat inconsistent rebounder, but if he can draw double teams and allow guys like Gallo to hit the open 3 then that's way more important.

Problem is Gallo isn't hitting CRAP.

Ya. This is also why ppl need to chill some. Even if we assume total truth in what Gallo haters, or just skeptics say about his game...he has a truly sweet shot with great range, and for his size it's elite. So this part of the STAT equation you mention should resolve itself shortly, barring injury, of course.

Gallo is most troubling as a trade asset. A lot of perception and pride between Walsh and DEN I bet, and it really revolves around Gallo perceived worth.

His gimp ass play, injury or no injury, whther it WILL resolve itself or not, looks mad weak.

DEN is primed for a slaughter of a trade, if Gallo doesn't sink our bargaining power first.