Anyone else notice -- Douglas much improved

richtree

Rotation player
Obvioiusly, Chandler has been playing pretty good but alot of that is due to him finally playing in the 6 man role which probably best suits his "tweener" nature.

But, has anyone else noticed that T. Douglas is playing at a very high level.

He seems to have taking a step forward and I think he will be a key piece for us all year. His jump shot seems effortless this season and he seems stronger on both ends of the court.

Obviously, Gallo is still a bit hurt but doesn't have the foot speed to ever be an elite player in this league. I am Gallo's biggest fan but unless he transforms his body the way an NFL WR would he is just gonna be another great shooter that can't do much else.

Props to TD, Fields, and Felton playing hard.....Maybe we take down the Magic and get this train moving....

quiggle

Starter
it's good but don't spend too much time with Douglas, he's just a rental player who will probably be traded to another team this season.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya.

But imagine how good he'd be if we DIDNT have a damn celebrity fraud coach.

Remember how badly he mishandled Douglas last year??? Practically destroying this young mans career...if not for Douglas' supreme talents finding a way to rise above this rookie-raping fraud of a coach.

Yes, he has improverd greatly. It just hurts me to see our best talents traded away year after year. I know we need another player to have a chance to compete this year, hopefully, to obtain this player we won't have to get rid of Douglas, Chandler and Fields. These 3 are very important pieces to a contending team.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
don't know

what you guys are looking at, i've seen td playing and it seems like he can't hit a shot. I'm sure his percentage is around 25%.

iSaYughh

Starter
Yes, he has improverd greatly. It just hurts me to see our best talents traded away year after year. I know we need another player to have a chance to compete this year, hopefully, to obtain this player we won't have to get rid of Douglas, Chandler and Fields. These 3 are very important pieces to a contending team.

If we keep those three and procure Melo we are pure gold. Along with STAT that is a foolproof championship blueprint. Even if we can keep 2/3...Douglas and Fields seem like NYC material, and the backbone of a surrounding cast to a couple stars.

Galllo, AR, Walker, Turiaf (package with Walker for a 1st?), 2014 firsts and all our 2nd rounders on table.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
what you guys are looking at, i've seen td playing and it seems like he can't hit a shot. I'm sure his percentage is around 25%.

<TABLE class=tablehead border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=3>2010-11 Statistics</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>FG</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>3PT</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>FT</TD><TD colSpan=3 align=middle>Rebounds</TD><TD colSpan=6 align=middle>Misc</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>G</TD><TD>MIN</TD><TD>FGM-A</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3PM-A</TD><TD>3P%</TD><TD>FTM-A</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>TOT</TD><TD>STL</TD><TD>BLK</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>PTS</TD></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" class=oddrow><TD align=left>Season</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>26.3</TD><TD>14-28</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD>3-12</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>.400</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1.00</TD><TD>.00</TD><TD>1.67</TD><TD>3.67</TD><TD>1.7</TD><TD>11.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=3>2010-11 Statistics</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>FG</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>3PT</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>FT</TD><TD colSpan=3 align=middle>Rebounds</TD><TD colSpan=6 align=middle>Misc</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>G</TD><TD>MIN</TD><TD>FGM-A</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3PM-A</TD><TD>3P%</TD><TD>FTM-A</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>TOT</TD><TD>STL</TD><TD>BLK</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>PTS</TD></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" class=oddrow><TD align=left>Season</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>26.3</TD><TD>14-28</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD>3-12</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>.400</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1.00</TD><TD>.00</TD><TD>1.67</TD><TD>3.67</TD><TD>1.7</TD><TD>11.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=3>2010-11 Statistics</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>FG</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>3PT</TD><TD colSpan=2 align=middle>FT</TD><TD colSpan=3 align=middle>Rebounds</TD><TD colSpan=6 align=middle>Misc</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>G</TD><TD>MIN</TD><TD>FGM-A</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3PM-A</TD><TD>3P%</TD><TD>FTM-A</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>TOT</TD><TD>STL</TD><TD>BLK</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>PTS</TD></TR><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" class=oddrow><TD align=left>Season</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>26.3</TD><TD>14-28</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD>3-12</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>2-5</TD><TD>.400</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1.00</TD><TD>.00</TD><TD>1.67</TD><TD>3.67</TD><TD>1.7</TD><TD>11.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>FG% 500
3p% 250

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Obvioiusly, Chandler has been playing pretty good but alot of that is due to him finally playing in the 6 man role which probably best suits his "tweener" nature.

But, has anyone else noticed that T. Douglas is playing at a very high level.

He seems to have taking a step forward and I think he will be a key piece for us all year. His jump shot seems effortless this season and he seems stronger on both ends of the court.

Obviously, Gallo is still a bit hurt but doesn't have the foot speed to ever be an elite player in this league. I am Gallo's biggest fan but unless he transforms his body the way an NFL WR would he is just gonna be another great shooter that can't do much else.

Props to TD, Fields, and Felton playing hard.....Maybe we take down the Magic and get this train moving....

TD is right where he should be at his 2nd year. There's nothing surprising with that. It's when a player seems to take a step back that you notice. TD is doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing... working hard and expanding his game. He's a much better PG now due to hard work. The bigger issue here is Gallo's huge freefall into obscurity. I know it's only 3 reg games, but how he's struggling is the issue. He could still help the team by going to the line or playing better defense, but even that's above him these days.

DEN wasn't interested in Gallo before and he's proving why they weren't so high on him now. A tall jump shooter is exactly what that is - A TALL JUMP SHOOTER. That's it.

tiger0330

Legend
it's good but don't spend too much time with Douglas, he's just a rental player who will probably be traded to another team this season.
Huh???? He's on a cheap rookie contract, he's improving, he has a role as a backup PG and SG in a small lineup and he defends. If the Knicks do move him it will be because the Nugs want him in a deal for Melo instead of Gallo. My bet is he is around to pick up his option in 2013.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Improved? Probably, but he didn't get the chance last season. Nate should have started last season as PG (not a true PG, but would have been way better than Duhon) and Douglas as the backup. D'Antoni just lied to us and said he wasn't ready or whatever because he's a rookie even though Douglas was far more impressive than Duhon.

Paul1355

All Star
Douglas has impressed me with the pick and roll, he actually uses it more than Felton!....Douglas' outside shot is still good but he shoots it too much when he should drive because he has great speed and quickness...

Douglas is a great perimeter defender but is sometimes so aggressive on defense that he gets burned by getting screened....like Felton.

Our Pg's need to not play soo aggressive that we get screened constantly