Rebounds, alot of them

Has any one noticed through the first 3 games we are the 4th ranked rebounding team in the league

I saw some posts during preseason about how Mike D sucks as a coach because he hasnt addressed rebounding enough

and also how Amare has problems rebounding

yet as a team we have managed to average 46 a game so far, and be fourth in the league

I can only assume this will continue being that

chandler is bounding better
gallo is bounding better
felton is one of the better rebounders in the league
turiaf and mozgov around rebounders
and amare isnt terrible at rebounding its just not what his frame is built for
and fields rebounds very well as well
I think overall top to bottom

we are abetter rebounding TEAMMMMMM than we were last year with Just LEE

hats off to donnie and mike d for building a better blocking, better rebounding, bigger and still fast team this year

our only missing piece of gallo

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
And we are #1 in blocked shots. Sure it's early but all D'ant haters are going to be exposed this year. I would not be upset if we got another coach but I have always maintained that D'ant needed to be given a chance with a proper squad and disliked all the irrational hate directed at our coach.

KingCharles34

All Star
The shotblocking will probably keep up but i wouldnt expect the rebounding too. Im not sure where all these rebounds are coming from :confused:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The shotblocking will probably keep up but i wouldnt expect the rebounding too. Im not sure where all these rebounds are coming from :confused:

Hustle and heart...something the Knicks have lacked for years. Plus our guards are doing a good job too on the boards. TD and Felton have surprised me in that regard being they are both under 6'2".

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Gallo averages 3 reb/game. That's not very good for someone that's 6'10. Wilson Chandler has been a stat stuffer. What position has he been playing most of his minutes? PF?

KingCharles34

All Star
Even with the hustle and heart, theres no way we will remain the 4th best rebounding team in the NBA. Chandler has been a BEAST on the boards but i dont expect him to continue to average 10 rebounds a game. Fields is averaging over 7 rebounds a game, but i cant predict what will happen with him, hes a rookie. All i can say is so far so good :gony: he needs to get more shots though

nyk_nyk

All Star
The blocking has nothing to do with Dantoni. Turiaf has always been good at this. Chandler is rejuvinated for obvious reasons and Moz is pretty aggressive on defense.

Dantoni can only control defensive sets and when to use a zone and or double teams. His substitution patterns also play a big part of the way we defend a team.

Rebounding is all effort and hustle. There isn't much you can do in practice to guarantee a player will increase his rebounding total the next game.

Let's hold Dantoni accountable for things he CAN control: Defensive sets, double team options, zone strategies, substitution patterns.

See Larry Brown and his Bobcat team.

moneyg

Starter

dont be fooled by stats... the more shots that r put up in a game.. means the more rebounding opportunity

no i do agree we are without a doubt better than last year... i think its from the comminication on defense.. guys like turiaf.. felton and amare talkin on the court.. chandler t dog and fields defense as well.

KingCharles34

All Star
dont be fooled by stats... the more shots that r put up in a game.. means the more rebounding opportunity

no i do agree we are without a doubt better than last year... i think its from the comminication on defense.. guys like turiaf.. felton and amare talkin on the court.. chandler t dog and fields defense as well.

Actually, we are all wrong...and stats do tell the story

Orlando is the best rebounding team averaging 49.7rpg, 11 more then their opponents

While we do average 46 rebounds a game, we give up 46.7 rebounds per game

And that makes us the 20th best rebounding team, or the 10th worst

i guess that means the threadstarter will be getting a one star, hopefully alot of them

nothing personal, we all fukked up dunn

Actually, we are all wrong...and stats do tell the story

Orlando is the best rebounding team averaging 49.7rpg, 11 more then their opponents

While we do average 46 rebounds a game, we give up 46.7 rebounds per game

And that makes us the 20th best rebounding team, or the 10th worst

i guess that means the threadstarter will be getting a one star, hopefully alot of them

nothing personal, we all fukked up dunn

relax guy, and im not taking it personal

when you click on the team page for the knicks on NBA.com

it shows the rankings of the team

and it said 4th

which surprised the hell out of me because I felt we were getting killed on the boards

even though 46-47 is an even stat

and with that being said im impressed even with that number, because with our previous height issues I look at it as an improvement.

so I Wasnt wrong

I just wrote what the nba.com classifies as a ranking of no.4 in the league.

KingCharles34

All Star
:lol: that is true, we do average more rebounds then 25 other teams :gony:

And sorta like you said even if we are gettin rebounded by .7 per game thats still better then any of us probably woulda predicted

I got 5 stars for your next thread breh or i think i can do better then that, green rep for my knicks brethren :beer: :gony: :weed: