If Amare starts to play Center....

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
I think Amare can play that position.
He need to stay ion the paint and when he is far from the basket he can use his speed against slowly defender
in that case

Felton
Chandler
Gallo
AR
Amare
i think we can't suffer with rebounding with this line

p0nder

Starter
i'm not sure i follow your last line? do you think that we'll get rebounds with this line up? I don't see where we'll get them, aside from hustle plays on the offensive glass by our guards. This is an undersized line up and will get boxed out and posted up on by bigger teams like the magic, celtics and lakers.

Also, AR has not been very effective in the minutes he's getting so far. He is just not confident enough yet to be a starter on this team. I also think he plays the the SF position better then the PF position, right now. He needs to get used to his own length and learn how to use it to be an effective pf. I can see this line up working.... next year. Dantoni used a similar approach in PHX using Amar'e at the 5 and Marion at the 4 and running a very fast and high scoring game. can AR be the new marion? in time i think he'll be better, but we'll see.

Also i was pretty impressed with felton and TD working together on the court. i know it leaves us kind of short, but they are fast and effective. Feilds is playing above his head right now, when he cools off i think we should give tony a chance at starting the 2. Chandler is a great energy player coming off the bench. i don't think he has embraced the role yet, but if he can learn to love it, i think he can be very effective for us in a long term strategy.

Over all, there is a lot of depth on this team. Perhaps too much. Turning some of these serviceable players into a bonafide superstar would be in our best interest. An 8 or 9 man rotation with a solid 1-2 punch in Amar'e + (name your star) = championship contender.

iSaYughh

Starter
Good post Ponder.

STAT is a proven effective center. All star at the position. He just doesn't "prefer" it.

Personally, I'd keep his ass happy and sit tight at PF. Let Moz and hopefully AR develop under the veteran consistency of workhourse enforcer Turiaf.

We have Ronny for 2 years. Likewise Felton, and his tutelage with Douglas and Walker.

Chandler's future with us is a total x-factor, right down to his role in a getting of Melo.

But in 2 yrs, as Felton and Turiaf expire, I expect Walsh's final blueprint and footprint to have been crystalized.

We need to solidify. A blockbuster for Melo will accomplish this.

Things will get interesting if Gallo gets hot and rides performances like lasts night, and Chandler keeps at it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we still need a starting C and i like the way D'antoni has made the starting rotation and the bench rotation having Turiaf coming on with the second unit as apposed to starting was a genius move. He gives us rebounding and defense( SHOTBLOCKING!!) and thats somethign that every team needs. Mozgov is good but this was expected he's still learning with time he'll be a solid starter.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
The main fact is that if we can imagine a championship team starting with this roster we can't sign a good center for cape space. Before we need Melo or Paul. Or both. And if AR become a good starter we can have a good roster. AR can become an all star in rebounding and shoot-blocking

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
The main fact is that if we can imagine a championship team starting with this roster we can't sign a good center for cape space. Before we need Melo or Paul. Or both. And if AR become a good starter we can have a good roster. AR can become an all star in rebounding and shoot-blocking

I think we are a long way away from a championship no matter who comes in. I think all we need is Melo as Raymond has done an excellent job at the PG and to me he needs to stay. Melo is crucial though and getting him in would be all we need. Then we can start acquiring better role players to fill in and maybe a much needed starting Center, but the Centers in the league right now are a bit not so great.

Paul in would mean either Felton or Douglas go and they have been playing really really well right now. To me we have good cover and a solid starting PG. Center is the key and if we can get another good to great defensive stopper down low we would be so well rounded its not even funny.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
I can understand you about pg. Felton and Douglas are ok but if we can take a good center (example: Marc Gasol), then then that Melo we need an sg because we have enough sf

I think we are a long way away from a championship no matter who comes in. I think all we need is Melo as Raymond has done an excellent job at the PG and to me he needs to stay. Melo is crucial though and getting him in would be all we need. Then we can start acquiring better role players to fill in and maybe a much needed starting Center, but the Centers in the league right now are a bit not so great.

Paul in would mean either Felton or Douglas go and they have been playing really really well right now. To me we have good cover and a solid starting PG. Center is the key and if we can get another good to great defensive stopper down low we would be so well rounded its not even funny.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I can understand you about pg. Felton and Douglas are ok but if we can take a good center (example: Marc Gasol), then then that Melo we need an sg because we have enough sf

I think a Center is key to what we want to do. Felton and Douglas are only going to get better and they spell each other really well. Douglas is also a get after it defender. Even then I think this team just needs some confidence and also some time to gel and we will see progress. Add Melo to the team and I think we will make some massive improvements. Adding three stars will hurt the options on the bench and probably mean people like Chandler, Felton or Douglas, Gallo, Turief, Fields and maybe others would depart for others who may or may not be as good.

I like what we have and I can wait till next year to get Melo on the team next F.A. It's not as if we are going to win the championship this year, so maybe allowing the younger guys like Landry and AR also Azi to get time when he gets back is a good thing for next year. They will have another year of experience and possibly some playoff experience if we get there to take into next year and then adding a Melo as a second star to compliment Amare would just make us a real force in the EAST.

I think amare should predominantly stay in his true position at Power forward in he is best at. However, I think amare sometimes can be used a the center position against certain matchups. I really dont like the way Mosgov is playing in his starting position commiting follish To`s and fouls. Still though hes a rookie especially coming oversees. I really loveeeeeeee the way Turiaf brings to the teamis providing spark and energy off the bench. Hes truly a team player and is becoming one of my fav. player to watch. :peace: :afro: Its really been a major plus for us. Fields is really doing wonders for this team contributing to the little thinhgs neccessary.I love how he approaches the game with his smarts and being a team player doing the things the coach askes him to do. I loved the Fields pick from the begginning and really had a feeling that he will be a valuable player for us. Very surprised to see teams pass up on him espeically going into the second round and i def. think teams will utterly regret passing up on him not realizng what he can do for a team.With the way Fields is playing, i really believe that this will be a majorrrrrrrrrrr steal and gem from the knicks with the knicks clevelry finding a diamond in the rough player. I think the knicks knew that this kid would be a player in which other teams did not know about.