Zeke Speaks - 2 Disturbing Articles.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
http://www.nysportsdigest.com/2010/...l-be-back-in-new-york-we-think-hes-just-high/

Amongst some of the things Thomas claims:

When asked if LeBron James would be a Knick if Thomas still ran the team, he said: ?I have to believe that? If I?m still there? we may have had LeBron and Wade.?

?I think I?m still the GM and president of the Knicks if it wasn?t for that (sexual harassment) trial.?

?I?ve never actually gotten fired for a basketball reason.?

?I think I was really close to winning in New York.?

?When I look at my GM/executive record, if I?m evaluated on that, then whoever?s after Donnie (Walsh), if you?re not talking about some of the top people in the game, I?ll put my draft evaluation record up against anyone?s.?

isiah-starbury.jpg

?That?s a problem with being a visionary,? Thomas said. ?You?re way too far out, and by the time it catches up, people will hack you to death.?

Nothing would make me happier.

isiahandjim-thumb.jpg

◆ And then there's this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/512100-isiah-thomas-will-run-the-knicks-again

Of course, we shouldn?t be surprised at this behavior. It?s what Thomas and Dolan do.

Thomas is known to turn people off. Here?s a list of his actions:

He did not get along with Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson as a player.
When he ran the Raptors, he alienated ownership.
He bailed out on the CBA by taking the Pacers job rather than trying to save them.
He ran many good basketball people out of town in New York (just ask Larry Brown). He certainly didn?t care about his players when he ran the Knicks.
He engaged himself in a fight with Knicks fans at the Garden often. He instigated brawls with the other team by having his players punch other team?s players with ?hard fouls.?

Are things seriously going to get this apocalyptic in NY? There'll be a revolt surely.

Unbelievable.

janglesjr

Rookie
This guy is nuts....I hope and pray he is never given another job with the Knicks...If he does, it may drive me over the edge. Bill Simmons was right about this guy - horrible.

iJoe

Rotation player
Link

Recent yahoo article about Thomas and his alleged "draft prowess"

As the clock ticked down in the New York Knicks? draft room in late June 2005, Isiah Thomas wanted to choose Pittsburgh?s Chris Taft over Florida?s David Lee(notes). Sources say that all around Thomas front-office elders and scouts begged him to change his mind. No one believed Lee would become an All-Star, an $80 million man, but they knew this: Taft was terrible.

Only one of Thomas? oldest confidants, Brendan Suhr, had a voice strong enough to sway him. Before the Knicks president finally backed down and submitted Lee?s name to be picked with the 30th selection, Thomas snapped, ?You?d better be [bleeping] right.?

Thank you everyone but Thomas.

iSaYughh

Starter
Link

Recent yahoo article about Thomas and his alleged "draft prowess"

As the clock ticked down in the New York Knicks? draft room in late June 2005, Isiah Thomas wanted to choose Pittsburgh?s Chris Taft over Florida?s David Lee(notes). Sources say that all around Thomas front-office elders and scouts begged him to change his mind. No one believed Lee would become an All-Star, an $80 million man, but they knew this: Taft was terrible.

Only one of Thomas? oldest confidants, Brendan Suhr, had a voice strong enough to sway him. Before the Knicks president finally backed down and submitted Lee?s name to be picked with the 30th selection, Thomas snapped, ?You?d better be [bleeping] right.?

Thank you everyone but Thomas.

Unsurprising, but great article. IsayFCKOFF's drafting pedigree is so overhyped it sickens me.

People, even people who think/know how bad he is, sometimes fall for the rap he spits, and his image as some guy who'd know NBA talent and know how to draft and cultivate and treat players.

The Balkman pick alone (let alone the totality of his drafting/pick/player evaluation resume with us) is 100x worse, top to bottom, than anything Walsh has done, and likely ever will do as a Knick.

Crazy, it's funny you found these...A few days ago ESPN ran a fluff/hype piece on Thomas...in line with your links, but more of a total job to just pump him up.

If all of this is any indication of a trend towards an ineluctable end...We just need to pray to ever God known to man that Donnie stays relatively healthy.

We also need this season to be a relative success. Or I see James Dolan spreading out his douche wings hard enough to just make Walsh say fkc it, and retire.

iSaYughh

Starter
Also, the scam of Lebron coming if Isiah was in charge is just going to be the centerpiece of Dolan's bullshit PR campaign for when he decides to bring Isiah back into the fold.

It's an improvable contention of the highest order, so it can't be disproved either.

And it's rooted in that same fairy-tale superficiality that makes people want to believe and feel that Isiah is some players' guru.

Honestly, he's a dapper and cool seeming dude, all in all. But for what he did to our franchise, he should be banned from walking into MSG, let alone running it. The fact he gets the reverence he does from the Knicks is MORE than enough respect and homage payed for his loyalty and ballerness as a Knick player and (on-court) legend.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
Seriously the Knicks should ban him from ever discussing anything remotely related to the Knicks. He is a cancer and incredibly dumb.

CoolClyde

Detroit Zeke City

Zeke played for championship Detroit teams, but has no desire to coach or be part of management? perhaps Detroit mgmt knows what a dickhead he really is, esp ex-teammate Joe Dumars... However, stupid manboy James D'oh-lan is swayed and totally in love with Zeke's star appeal and his silver tongue, and will welcome this enemy-of-the-people back with open arms and legs, to be buttf*cked by the worst Knick executive who ever reigned. Don't forget, D'oh-lan MADE Zeke coach, to try and shine the turd-team Zeke put together, which was a thickheaded pussy move, if there ever was one. Zeke/D'oh-lan, a Knick fans worst nightmare.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Isiah picked Balkman over Rondo. He took Channing Frye when Danny Granger was still on the board. He traded picks that wounded up being LaMarcus Aldridge and Joakim Noah.

Isiah can go **** himself.