If and when there's a trade..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
When we trade for another star who do you think will be packaged based on what we've seen so far this season?

I think Chandler and Randolph are sure to go if a deal is made.

Chandler, because he's playing solidly. He's averaging 16 ppg and 7.5 rebounds. Plus I think, in his bones, Mike D'antoni doesn't really think he's a great fit in his system. Reasons being:

Chandler's not a 2.

He's not a 4, which is how he sees himself.

He's more of a 3, but Gallo's got that on lock.

He can't shoot 3s. His percentage is .278 from out there so far.

And Randolph because he's a cheap project. He will develop into something serviceable, but right now he's a terrible fit for this team, or most teams due to his high risk play. He's a foul/turnover waiting to happen; but at 6'11" big w a gigantic wingspan, good agility and athleticism he's is still attractive to many teams.

Any other guys we add to a deal would be throw-ins. Chandler and Randolph IMO would be the main pieces.

Whadaya think?

iSaYughh

Starter
was wondering this earlier. And completely agree.

Chandler and AR as foundation. Two 2nds and our 2014 1st. And Curry.

Each tick of the clock heightens our leverage and inches DEN closer towards apocolypse panic.

To date at least, it also boosts the stock of Chandler, and hopefully AR. Randolph is suh a freakish prospect and so young, even with poor play, you'll find ppl seduced by him and who will buy high.

AR and Gallo and a pick wouldn't surprise me either. Then flipping Chandler for Rudy. Lets see how badass Walsh really can be.

Worst case I'm seeing something like this:

Felton-Douglas
Rudy-Fields
Melo-Walker
STAT-AR
Moz-Turiaf
Azzy

D'ant, and most any coach, would positively salivate over that.

Pretty stacked. And still very young and has wild cards that could explode. Even our cap situ wouldn't suck.

I'm amazed people still want to trade Chandler for Rudy.. Once Azzy gets back we won't need that bum. Azzy play better d than Rudy and we'd still have fields off the bench. Chandler can play his natural sf position backing Melo (should we trade Gallo instead of him).

I'm sure Zeke is in the owners ear about Wilson, he'll stay. I really don't see him getting traded because he is performing to well, atm. He has gotten better in many areas, bottom line...He is just too important to this team.

A good GM and owner will get rid of the waste before a player that actually contributes. I think any combination of Gallo, Randolph, rautins, S.Williams, Mason, Curry, and maybe walker will get us a player like Mello. To trade away anyone else other than those guys is bad management. It would send a clear message that they are not trying to win or build a great team...more important a winning one. This roster would be great if it wasn't for favoritism.

Why Wilson isn't a starter yet is bad coaching too. Just look at the box scores and you can see where the problem lies. The owner needs to hurry up and wake up. Make the moves the fans have been asking for, I know it will happen, its just a matter of time.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Does it really matter that WC isn't starting? He's usually in the game within the first 6 minutes plus he plays starter minutes anyway. He's also in the lineup to finish games.

I'm more concerned about Dantoni's substitution patterns during critical points in the game.

Does it really matter that WC isn't starting? He's usually in the game within the first 6 minutes plus he plays starter minutes anyway. He's also in the lineup to finish games.

I'm more concerned about Dantoni's substitution patterns during critical points in the game.

I agree somewhat. But being a starter is the title these NBA players work so hard for. It isn't fair to loose that spot to a lesser player, who hasn't worked or earned it. Every player wants to be a starter. I commend Wilson on his maturity, he'll be a better man for it, I'm sure. The only thing I think benifits Wilson coming off the bench is getting some time to see the flow of the game before he enters. Other then that...I feel he has been looked over for Gallo for obvious reasons. ish...even Walker deserves to be a starter over Gallo. When will people see this kind of practice will hurt the team?