mafra

Legend
What drives you nuts.... Team is missing shot after shot, while the other team is red hot.... YET.... each possession we just chuck up deep jumpers or 3s?

Somebody drive to the hoop and get fouled and stop the bleeding. To go 0-9 to start the game from 3? STOP SHOOTING IT.

This is exactly what's wrong with MD's offense.

They lost me after the PHI game though, especially when Felton hinted at the early start. WOW. Poor millionaire has to play a game at noon. Woe is me.

Get real.

Let's start hoping for Melo next Summer or we're looking at another lost decade.

mafra

Legend
Lack of drive (literally and figuratively).

I call it lazy basketball. Settling. Having the other team impose its will on you. That, or it's low BBALL IQ. NO heart or no effort/hustle.

Again. When Chandler drove he gets points. When he pulls up from deep... CLANK.

Keep driving. If you miss 15 footers, layups, stuff like that you can live with it.

What we saw against PHI and MIL, is the NYK back down. Both those teams came in and CIRCLED this game as statement games. They will not allow the Knicks to beat them, even with all our new toys.

We just rolled over and submitted.

quiggle

Starter
still not convinced we need to get back Isiah? the Knicks were playoff bound in 2007 before injuries decimated hope. 2008 Marbury threw the team in disarray give Isiah another chance and this team will be contenders.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
still not convinced we need to get back Isiah? the Knicks were playoff bound in 2007 before injuries decimated hope. 2008 Marbury threw the team in disarray give Isiah another chance and this team will be contenders.

Hey Isiah, could you get off this forum please???? I know its you....

AR sucks Mozgov sucks and Turiaf is looking tired

smh **** Amare is always shooting 17-19 footers acting scared to drive?!
T doug has 3 good games now he is acting like ben gordon with those 3 balls we need to go back to playing D

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

I can't believe there is anyone willing to defend what Isiah did with this franchise; it was deplorable!!! Mike D and Walsh still get some time because they essentially tanked a few seasons to get rid of HORRIBLE contracts!!! Also, this is a team that is brand spankin' new... There are only a few players that were here last year on this team and they will need time to gel. This team has shown that it is capable of shutting teams down but they need to be consistent. What other teams are doing is going to the zone to prevent Amare and Chandler from driving and they will continue to do this until we make them pay from the outside. Until then, they will essentially shut us down when they take away our running lanes. The Knicks banked on James but that fell through, now we are waiting to see what move the Knicks will make to bring in that final piece or even 2 pieces to solidify this team. The Knicks need, and I can't believe I am going to say this, a guy like Crawford that can come off the bench and nail outside shots... I know they thought Gallo was that guy but apparently he either needs more time or he is a bust. Either way, that needs to be addressed soon. Also, defense is a team effort and we see Landry (who is the biggest surprise of the season so far) and Douglas and even Felton making big (and costly) errors on defense. I trully believe that as the season progresses and the team gets more comfortable with eachother and with the system, you will see this little things start to right themselves. But, for now these little things are KILLING them!
For the people that are calling for Mike D's head, keep in Mind Miami is 5 and 3... OK, and they have 2 of the top 5 superstars on their team and an all-star in Bosh....
For the Carmelo Anthony watch... If Landry and Chandler keep playing they way there are playing.... I think you will see Denver re-think their decision and deal with NY. I still think he resigns with Denver but I still keep my hopes up!!!

LOL. I thought we were all on the same page when we said this team would be a 40 win team? so far so good for .500. 6th, 7th, or 8th seed still a real possibility...so why so much negative feedback? I didn't know the playoffs were next week.
just sayin. :cool:
I hear what you saying. I'm just tired of seeing nights like last night where the game is over before it even begins. We were never in the game from start to finish.. and it was embarassing.

Also considering we had just lost to a terrible team in the 76ers I expected a better showing.

supercelo24

Rookie
-ya i shut off the box at about 5 min into the 4th qtr, it was disgusting for all of us, but going into this season, we knew this was gonna be a roller-coaster ride. I'm sure it was just as hard to swallow for Bulls fans to lose to us at home by what could have been the same deficit. Let's see what happens tonight. Monta Ellis may not play, and David Lee returns...should be fun.

moneyg

Starter
i guess u guys are expecting a top seed in the east....we lack chemistry.. that will come with time.. even miami with their big three is struggling with it

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im not sweating it yet we have 75 games left this is expected we'll have our bad games. its just the nature of the NBA no team plays good every night out teams lose games their supposed to win, it happens just the trials and tribulations of the NBA season. i'd start worrying if it was january or so but still we have 10 new guys on this team lets give them some time to gel long as were playing .500+ ball im good.

this team as the potential to be dangerous, just the timing needs to catch up

mafra

Legend
im not sweating it yet we have 75 games left this is expected we'll have our bad games. its just the nature of the NBA no team plays good every night out teams lose games their supposed to win, it happens just the trials and tribulations of the NBA season. i'd start worrying if it was january or so but still we have 10 new guys on this team lets give them some time to gel long as were playing .500+ ball im good.

this team as the potential to be dangerous, just the timing needs to catch up

So true. Need to be patient. Gallo has a sore wrist, the new guys are trying too hard to make an impact, and the whole bunch has only played together for 8 games. We lost 3 games down the stretch.... it sucks. BUT, the good news is we could easily be 6-2.

We need to find our identity. It might take 20 games? 40 games? All year? We just don;t know what to do, or who to go to or how to do it when the game comes down to the wire.

Sure, it's a sign of a bad team right now. But we are out of whack. Not everything clicks immediately. Look at MIA.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................