Azubuike: ' I'm almost back. '

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Added 6 days ago:

PLAYERPROFILESa.jpg

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/originals/

Azu sais he's almost back.

This is the first I've heard in a while now about Azubuike.

His return will be an interesting one, and provokes questions about trades, expiring contracts, roster spots, rotation, 3 point shooting and so on.

Anyone else have an update more informative than this?

UPDATE: Feb 26

Kelenna Azubuike, who has been out all season recovering from knee surgery, could make his return to action soon.

Azubuike told the media he could have played in Wednesday's game against the Bucks.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211490/Azubuike_Near_Return#ixzz1F2GFsbC4

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
It was nice to see Walker get some serious minutes early in the game, but if Azubuike returns to anything close to form than the Knicks will really be getting an injection of something they sorely need.

Azu and Curry gives the Knicks the scoring they desperately need.

But what will Mike do with the rotation?

Heck, it appears Randolph has already been removed from the lineup.

Felton and Azubuike should be the starting back court. If all goes well, and Azu gets back into game shape.... PHEW!

I nearly forgot about this guy. Last year he was headed for a break out season until he got injured so I hope he can produce some of that here.

However what happens to Fields who has been playing awesome?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I nearly forgot about this guy. Last year he was headed for a break out season until he got injured so I hope he can produce some of that here.

However what happens to Fields who has been playing awesome?

Having too many talented SG's is a problem I look forward to having.

BTW, he was not just heading for a break out season, he was posting all-star numbers!

Oh allstar numbers damn. I knew he was good I didn't think he was allstar great but he will be a legit 3pt shooter and defender/rebounder.

I just hope Fields doesn't get lost in the rotation because he cleans up on broken plays and keeps things in tact

KingCharles34

All Star
Im amped for this guys return...Fields has been very impressive, but hes still gonna be inconsistent. Hes a rookie, but I love what hes doing.

Azuibuike brings defense + offense + 3 point shooting

I have a boner right now (no ameachi)

in other related news....

Chandler wants to resign with us
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70139/20101117/chandler_wants_to_re_sign_with_knicks/

In some ways I hope he does. I would like to keep one player around that had to go through tough times here in NY. It'd be nice to have one of the players still on the team and to see them do good...But if we dont have room for him then of course i have no problem with letting him go. We gotta see what happens with Carmello

And one last thing...not Knicks related, most of yall already know this but Greg Oden is gonna miss the rest of the season. The Blazers must be real happy to have Camby

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this will only make us a better team. it'll be interesting to see what happens with fields once bukie does come back. my guess is fields continues to play but 'bukie gradually takes the spot as he gets more comfortable and gets his legs back. this will open up A LOT of trade talk though

Chandler is Home grown, rarely do the Knicks ever keep their up and coming draft talents. I would love for him to stay. He brings so much to the team. He's not the main man (well, at least not yet) but he can help take our team to the next level.... This can't be denied. I would hate to trade away any of our productive players It kinda defeats the purpose. We have enough trade bait to add another star and strengthen our supporting cast.

iSaYughh

Starter
Im amped for this guys return...Fields has been very impressive, but hes still gonna be inconsistent. Hes a rookie, but I love what hes doing.

Azuibuike brings defense + offense + 3 point shooting

I have a boner right now (no ameachi)

in other related news....

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70139/20101117/chandler_wants_to_re_sign_with_knicks/

In some ways I hope he does. I would like to keep one player around that had to go through tough times here in NY. It'd be nice to have one of the players still on the team and to see them do good...But if we dont have room for him then of course i have no problem with letting him go. We gotta see what happens with Carmello

And one last thing...not Knicks related, most of yall already know this but Greg Oden is gonna miss the rest of the season. The Blazers must be real happy to have Camby

^^^agree.

I like Fields going to the bench, and then get him his minutes that way, spelling multiple positions. Not unlike Chandler.

Speaking of, I really hope we sign that ganja loving dude. Pretty sure we'll have room for him + Melo (and certainly if we traded for Melo and lost other players in process).

Chandler and Fields are pretty spectacular duo to fiercely backup sg/sf...even pf for Wilson.

Douglas is a quality backup for pg and sg.

All three give us nice athleticism, spark, and defense.

Turiaf and Moz and AR for the 4 and 5 are energy, hustler, D, size, and matchup probs in the making.

IMHO, even if we don't get Melo, we alright...Sign Al Horford, re-sign Chandler, value-sign Michael Redd and/or Azzy. Let McFlurry melt.

2nd Year D'ant System

Felton-Douglas
Azzy-Redd-Fields
Gallo-Chandler-Walker
STAT-AR
Horford-Moz

Turiaf roaming the 4 and 5.

We'll have great cap, lots of assets, immediate promise, and timely contracts (Felton, eg)

Plus we seem to forget that we have like NO center production right now. Horford alone would be a revelation to this team this very year!

Wargames

Starter
^^^agree.

I like Fields going to the bench, and then get him his minutes that way, spelling multiple positions. Not unlike Chandler.

Speaking of, I really hope we sign that ganja loving dude. Pretty sure we'll have room for him + Melo (and certainly if we traded for Melo and lost other players in process).

Chandler and Fields are pretty spectacular duo to fiercely backup sg/sf...even pf for Wilson.

Douglas is a quality backup for pg and sg.

All three give us nice athleticism, spark, and defense.

Turiaf and Moz and AR for the 4 and 5 are energy, hustler, D, size, and matchup probs in the making.

IMHO, even if we don't get Melo, we alright...Sign Al Horford, re-sign Chandler, value-sign Michael Redd and/or Azzy. Let McFlurry melt.

2nd Year D'ant System

Felton-Douglas
Azzy-Redd-Fields
Gallo-Chandler-Walker
STAT-AR
Horford-Moz

Turiaf roaming the 4 and 5.

We'll have great cap, lots of assets, immediate promise, and timely contracts (Felton, eg)

Plus we seem to forget that we have like NO center production right now. Horford alone would be a revelation to this team this very year!

Didn't horford just sign an extension with the hawks?

iSaYughh

Starter
Didn't horford just sign an extension with the hawks?

:fire: I missed that. Llama. I guess M.Gasol goes to the top of our list then? I remember the premier list being:

Noah -- locked up
Horford -- signed(?)
Gasol
Oden -- now IRd

Tough pill to swallow that Noah's with CHI as part of Curry trade. We badly need a legitimate center to get production out of.

I wonder if Walsh will make a big play for a C this season even, maybe even Gasol deepening in standings, if we go on an upswing and D'ang convinces him it's a go.

Paul1355

All Star
Added 6 days ago:

PLAYERPROFILESa.jpg

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/originals/

Azu sais he's almost back.

This is the first I've heard in a while now about Azubuike.

His return will be an interesting one, and provokes questions about trades, expiring contracts, roster spots, rotation, 3 point shooting and so on.

Anyone else have an update more informative than this?
im happy for this guy, he might not be great off thebat but will be solid for us...he has an all around game, outside shot-can post up, plays defense can block a shot..he is strong..athletic..good in the fast break..only good things to expect

Once Azzy comes back, Mason will be un heard of. Rautins will be sent to the D league as reported.

Walker will lose minutes which i dont like because I like Walker but Azzy is better at SF than Walker.

Im pumped for Azubuike to return

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hopefully he doesn't feel to many effects from that knee surjery. Dude had some nice explosion, it'd be a shame if he lost some of that.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I really cannot wait for him to get back. He is going to round this team out so so well, once he gets his conditioning back.

I'm pretty sure he will eventually take over as the starter his game >>>>>>>> Chandler's.

I really really hope he doesn't get injured again.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I really cannot wait for him to get back. He is going to round this team out so so well, once he gets his conditioning back.

I'm pretty sure he will eventually take over as the starter his game >>>>>>>> Chandler's.

I really really hope he doesn't get injured again.

Ummm....
chandler is averaging scottie pippen numbers right now
16 ppg
2.2 bpg
5.6 rpg
only 1 to per game

pippen shot a career 31% from 3. and in his 4th year he averaged
16 ppg
1.2 bpg
6 rpg
3 turnover per game
but he also stole 2 balls per game

only diff is scotties playmaking ability with 5 dimes per. with jordan on your team, 5 dimes should be easy

to put azzy over him now would be foolish