Will Randolph ever play again?

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
So, we dump Lee and hear the future is Randolph, unlimited potential, etc., and.........

Zero minutes last night, very few minutes in prior games, so what gives.

I hope this is not another D'antoni "player dump" for no good reason.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
He benched him cause the kid takes bad shots, causes turnovers, and just doesn't play well. The team needs to get on track before they can work on their prospects such as Randolph.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
D'antoni realizes he needs to win now. Thus Randolph and Mason weren't even looked at and Mozgov got limited minutes. I think winning now is more important for thee Knicks Psyche as guys like Randolph and Mozgov have plenty of time to develop.

Toons

is the Bo$$
D'antoni realizes he needs to win now. Thus Randolph and Mason weren't even looked at and Mozgov got limited minutes. I think winning now is more important for thee Knicks Psyche as guys like Randolph and Mozgov have plenty of time to develop.

agreed, a winning culture needs to be in new york. Randolph is 22 years old. Most rookies are still in college at 22. Mozgov is completely raw...frozen even, he needs to be worked in the lineup according to his play, and not his contract. These are the ups and downs of having a young team. Dont you all feel good to say that we have a young team? the baby knicks? you guys forget malik rose? shandon anderson? kurt thomas? maurice taylor? we are young, sure we may make mistakes but we are on our way. We cant say, 'develop anthony randolph' and expect him to come out next game a different player.

clumsy

Rotation player
Nah D'Antoni needs to win now or he won't be employed much longer. So he can't play projects.

It's kinda clear he isn't the greatest in developing young talent anyways and clearly favors veterans. It's the same reason Brad Childress continues to play a hurt Brett Favre when clearly their season is over

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Randolph's been a huge disapointment so far. But he's young. We need someone to develop him, and then we can play him when he's ready. As of late he looks clueless out there.

Paul1355

All Star
So, we dump Lee and hear the future is Randolph, unlimited potential, etc., and.........

Zero minutes last night, very few minutes in prior games, so what gives.

I hope this is not another D'antoni "player dump" for no good reason.

I think Mike D just hates his bad decision making.

I like Randolph and I want to see him play more but the guy is just an idiot. He is so dumb and if he ever plays good it is on skill alone and not IQ.

We need smart players and if Randolph can't learn how to play some post defense, box out consistently, and make better decisions on offense then no he will never play.

Is Randolph better than Turiaf, Chandler, Mozgov? Not right now.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I think Mike D just hates his bad decision making.

I like Randolph and I want to see him play more but the guy is just an idiot. He is so dumb and if he ever plays good it is on skill alone and not IQ.

We need smart players and if Randolph can't learn how to play some post defense, box out consistently, and make better decisions on offense then no he will never play.

Is Randolph better than Turiaf, Chandler, Mozgov? Not right now.

Just imagine how good he can be if he didn't have the bball IQ of a donkey. Hes got an out of this world athletic ability combined with his height and length.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The NBA game is 75% mental. Players w low bball IQ tend to ride the bench. Teams and players are too good for any coach to allow silly fouls and turnovers to fack up the game. One dumb player can ruin it for the roster. Randolph is not merely a project.. He is waste of athletic gifts because he can't apply them @ the NBA level... He should be playing in China or some shat like that.

I told all of you about Randolph a while back..

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks have found their chemistry with this 9 man rotation so for now AR is one of the odd men out along with Mason.

The question is how is he going to develop buried at the end of the bench and is he worth keeping if we're not developing him. He should be part of an NBA rotatation in his 3rd year in the league, you can only go so far with that potential tag before people start labeling you a bust.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Knicks need to find a good coach to work with him on NOT being a blockhead and taking bad shots. It's bad because he's shown flashes of talent - rebounding is there, shotblocking is there...just the shot selection is not....

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
dumped by Golden State....benched by the Knicks...I think it goes beyond a low IQ. I think this guy is turning out to be uncoachable. He wants to do his own thing. Hopefully a couple of weeks on the bench will help him get his head on straight.

Damn this is really a buzz kill seeing Randolph racking up the DNP's.. I still believe he needs a coach that will believe in him.. Maybe he is uncoachable.. but I doubt it. But since we're winning right now.. I'm inclined to not wanna see any changes to the rotation and keep going with whats working as of right now.

iSaYughh

Starter
Damn this is really a buzz kill seeing Randolph racking up the DNP's.. I still believe he needs a coach that will believe in him.. Maybe he is uncoachable.. but I doubt it. But since we're winning right now.. I'm inclined to not wanna see any changes to the rotation and keep going with whats working as of right now.

Ya, a buzz kill it is. It's a big gay mystery right now. He doesn't seem like some degenerate that would make coaches put him in dog houses all the time. And he has a really, really crazy degree of athleticism and size.

You just have to wonder why GS threw him in like some journeyman 1trick pony. It goes beyond GS being fools.

You watch his reels, or some stretches where he plays. And you see some Kevin Durant and are like WTF why isn't he starting (he obv isn't Durant in any way, but you see this transcendent combo of athleticism and ability to do rare things on the court). And we need help in the 5 spot (or 4 if STAT spells some center duties)

He's still what, 21? Maybe 22. And D'ant's system demands degrees of maturity, IQ, confidence, consistency in all the above mentioned, from players. Precisely what AR most lacks.

Rono has always said he would underwhelm us hugely. And he's been spot on and prophetic in that.

Still hopeful if he can grow this year that sometime next he could be a lethal weapon D'ant can use.

Till then, he must just have some real whack ass, retardo basketball senses to rack up the lack minutes he has in his career. For losing teams, too!

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Jesus, this guys stock has plummeted. I don't blame anyone for thinking he was going to be good. The media and coaching staff were raving about this kid, he was the "centerpiece" of the lee trade and was ready to have a coming out party. Many were duped including myself as I never really watched his games or even heard of him. Man would it be nice to have Indiana's first rounder instead of this perpetual project.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What irritates me is that he has all of the tools to be a high-quality starter in this league.

He's got athleticism. He gets blocks on defense. He hustles. He does...a lot of things extremely well.

But ultimately he makes BONEHEADED decisions. D'Antoni's system requires players to make smart decisions and find guys that are open and be willing to defer to a player who can get a better look at the basket if necessary. That's why you see the assists piling up on our team, because of the players who are learning how to better find the guy who's open and able to get a clear look and/or a lane to drive to the basket.

Randolph, if he just takes dumbass shots and tries to take the ball to the rim every time, is going to disrupt the flow and the rhythm of this team. I feel as if a few days in the doghouse is going to do him some good.

It's too bad I really liked him from what I heard about him in the interviews right when they first traded him, it sounded like he was psyched and ready to be a Knick and I think he still is, but he needs to get his head out of his ass if he wants to play.