what's the point?

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
If gallo continues to score 20+ a game and is clutch in the 4th, what's the point of trading him and other players for melo? dosent make sense. just keep the guys we have and pick up a true center in the off-season. it all depends if gallo stays consistent

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo has been playing very good/great as always, but the Knicks and Nets had close games against the Nuggets. Not saying Melo isn't better than Gallo and Chandler, but we should wait for the off-season and add Melo with these guys.

Between Gallo's all-around game and Chandler's defense, I think it'd be a good idea.

Consistency is key.

iSaYughh

Starter
Our leverage is sky rocketing. Ironically, it sky rockets Melo's desire to sit tight and really let us stick it to DEN, as well. Who wouldn't lick their chops and take a nap to wake up to:

Felton
Melo
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol

Bench: Turiaf, Douglas, Moz, AR, Walker, Fields

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
It is still no guarantee the Knicks will land Melo, if the Knicks can make a trade it must be done. I agree the Knicks need a true center but getting a star player is more of a priority.

The ultimate goal which people were talking about before the season was getting Chris Paul as well as Melo. I don't believe this is possible but if the Heat did it the possibility of this happening is slightly higher than unlikely. Why mention this? Well, I like to keep hope of the Knicks pulling off the almost impossible, including getting to or wining the Eastern Conference this year.

I'm a dreamer.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Honestly if we could keep Gallo and trade Douglas/Felton/Curry/Walker/Azubuike/Chandler/Randolph for CP3 right now I'd probably do it over a Carmelo trade (probably not ALL of those guys, but probably most of them)...with the way Gallo's been playing lately I really want him to emerge as a 23 PPG player and thus give us legitimate reason to not trade him for Carmelo

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
It is still no guarantee the Knicks will land Melo, if the Knicks can make a trade it must be done. I agree the Knicks need a true center but getting a star player is more of a priority.

The ultimate goal which people were talking about before the season was getting Chris Paul as well as Melo. I don't believe this is possible but if the Heat did it the possibility of this happening is slightly higher than unlikely. Why mention this? Well, I like to keep hope of the Knicks pulling off the almost impossible, including getting to or wining the Eastern Conference this year.

I'm a dreamer.

hate to break it to you but the 3-some of Paul, Melo, and STAT wont happen unless its an allstar game. the heats tandem shouldnt be compared too because they pre-arranged it they all signed contracts with their teams and at the same lenght so they all hit the market and join together. as for us getting the 3 i doubt it happens unless we trade for both melo and paul and thats unlikely considering that will require a lot of picks and pieces which we dont have/ will run out of. sure we could sign melo and anthony but even then thats not likely.

i feel we'll eventually walk away with melo and if gallo continues to play at this level then we could steal melo for only gallo and maybe a throw-in and draft picks. but the way its looking gallo might be a keeper and become the player we all thought he could be

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Our leverage is sky rocketing. Ironically, it sky rockets Melo's desire to sit tight and really let us stick it to DEN, as well. Who wouldn't lick their chops and take a nap to wake up to:

Felton
Melo
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol

Bench: Turiaf, Douglas, Moz, AR, Walker, Fields

Is Gasol a free agent next summer?

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
hate to break it to you but the 3-some of Paul, Melo, and STAT wont happen unless its an allstar game. the heats tandem shouldnt be compared too because they pre-arranged it they all signed contracts with their teams and at the same lenght so they all hit the market and join together. as for us getting the 3 i doubt it happens unless we trade for both melo and paul and thats unlikely considering that will require a lot of picks and pieces which we dont have/ will run out of. sure we could sign melo and anthony but even then thats not likely.

i feel we'll eventually walk away with melo and if gallo continues to play at this level then we could steal melo for only gallo and maybe a throw-in and draft picks. but the way its looking gallo might be a keeper and become the player we all thought he could be

LOL man I know that. My main point was if we have a chance to trade for Melo it must be done. Even if it means Gallo and others its worth it in getting Melo.

I'm happy to see you have a lot of confidence in Gallo but he doesn't have the ability to carry a team as consistent as Melo. Gallo is a shooter and that is all he will ever be. I like Gallo, he's knows the game and his role, but a role player is exactly what he is. Melo is a star player.

Your definitely right on the Heat pre-arranging their team but if the Knicks don't get Melo it will be a total downer.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LOL man I know that. My main point was if we have a chance to trade for Melo it must be done. Even if it means Gallo and others its worth it in getting Melo.

I'm happy to see you have a lot of confidence in Gallo but he doesn't have the ability to carry a team as consistent as Melo. Gallo is a shooter and that is all he will ever be. I like Gallo, he's knows the game and his role, but a role player is exactly what he is. Melo is a star player.

Your definitely right on the Heat pre-arranging their team but if the Knicks don't get Melo it will be a total downer.

i agree im all for upgrading to melo that gives us two bonafide superstars and hall of fame level players, but im warming up to gallo more and more by the day. if he keeps it up we wont need to either:
a. give up a lot to get melo, or
b. trade for melo at all and maybe sign him as a free agent, even if we dont land him we'll be in great shape.

iSaYughh

Starter
Is Gasol a free agent next summer?

Ya. Unless someone grossly overpays or a new financial NBA agreement fubars us, we can sign him + Melo.

Just can't sign Wilson. Unless it's a sign n trade for pick or some cheap 1tricky pony player like a sniper for the guard spot.

Mozilla (3M) Felton (8M), plus Turiaf and AR and Azzy we brought on alongside STAT.

Azzy, Chandler, CURRY are our big expirings. CURRY is mammoth to say the least.

Kahn already blew his load on Darko. Likewise Mavs with Haywood. M.Gasol alone, sans Melody, would evolutionize this team.

Felton
Melody
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol

Bench: Turiaf, Fields, Douglas, AR, Walker

Instantly top5 contender.

Paul1355

All Star
If gallo continues to score 20+ a game and is clutch in the 4th, what's the point of trading him and other players for melo? dosent make sense. just keep the guys we have and pick up a true center in the off-season. it all depends if gallo stays consistent
because Gallo is inconsistent so far and hasnt proved to do this all year.

Melo has proven to be more versatile and able to more thigns on offense and do it consistently, Melo is proven already, Gallo isn't

The more he drives to the hoop and draws fouls, the more I want to keep him, but if i see one game where he settles when he shouldnt then it would tell me he still needs time....maybe we should trade him before he goes on another shooting slump