Look at what Chris Paul is doing in New Orleans..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Chris Paul is a God!!

I say this because I'm obviously a huge CP3 fan, but also because of what he brings to a team.

We need him way more than we need Melo. This was true when I said it in the summer and IT STILL IS.

The Hornets record thus far is 12-3. That's good for 3rd in the Western Conference behind the Lakers and Spurs

They're 7- 0 at home and 5-3 on the road.

We know who the Lakeshow and the Spurs have; the likes of Kobe and Gasol, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. We know this, hopefully.

The Hornets have Chris Paul.

That's basically it.

Here is their starting lineup:

T. Ariza @ SF
D. West @ PF
E. Okafor @ C
M. Belinelli @ SG
C. Paul @ PG

The above screams Gladys Night and the Pips to me.

Why are they winning??

Because they have the best PG since Magic Johnson..

I want the Knicks to pair CP3 w Amare and you should too. Why?

Because he is thus far MVP of the League. :thumbsup:

Because he averages: PPG16.6 RPG4.80 APG10.3 EFF+ 26.07 :thumbsup:

Because he also gets 3 steals a game:thumbsup:

And, again because he's got his teaming winning = 12-3 record.

What would our record be w Chris Paul running our SSOL, w Amare to catch his oop-passes??

Prolly not 12-4..

Maybe something like 10-6, 11-5, but we'd be on our way.

..And by the end of the year, barring any injury, ready for a deep playoff run.

Felton is starting to show what he can be and as i've said, i like him. Hopefully he can continue this trend. But..

CP3 is on a whole other level. And, he also wants to play here..

Walsh should forgo the Melo pursuit and try to make a deal for CP3.

His addition at the PG position would mean more to this team than the acquisition of Melo at the SF.

And just for edifications sake denver's record is 9-6 right now, not terrible but the two men have comparable rosters.

One of them has his team thriving.

Imagine what he could do for us w STAT.:gony:

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Word.

I think many people (including myself) forgot how good CP3 is because of his knee injuries. Of course, knee injuries always are to be a concern, but the fact is this guy is the best PG on the planet and he has the Hornets as the surprise team of the year.

However, they just made a move for Jarret Jack...I think NO's front office is highly concerned about putting too much strain on that knee and so they got a third guard.

But yes, it would be nice, obviously, for CP3 to be a Knick.

tiger0330

Legend
lol at the CP3 love. The Hornets are winning because they allow the fewest ppg in the league at 91.1 ppg, CP3 ain't stopping everybody on the opposing team.
You're going to win a lot of games if you have the best defense in the NBA.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^^^^True^^^^

But take him off the team w those other guys playing all of that D and where are they???

And, who spearheads the defensive attack?? It aint Trevor Ariza!!:cool:

May as well throw up a newer mix of the boy, why not..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYgSWGbEKsQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYgSWGbEKsQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
We had our Chris Paul several years ago but he ended up going to China.

lol, at you for comparing Chris Paul to Steph.. :no: You should have your head examined for that statement.

The difference between a guy like Steph and CP3 is about the same as the distance between MSG and whatever lame-ass arena he's plays at in China.

iSaYughh

Starter
We had our Chris Paul several years ago but he ended up going to China.

Chris Paul is the big ass killing dragon who shows his fight when stepped to. Marbury is the little ass yellow sorcerer trying to start shit. Magic always loses to dragon.

Marbury always loses to CP3.

:magi:

knicksin60

Starter
lol, at you for comparing Chris Paul to Steph.. :no: You should have your head examined for that statement.

The difference between a guy like Steph and CP3 is about the same as the distance between MSG and whatever lame-ass arena he's plays at in China.

Stephon Marbury had the talent to be the next Magic Johnson and wasted it due to his difficult upbringing and his failure to mature.Had he stood in Georgie Tech longer than he did, he would be a future hall of famer right now.

knicksin60

Starter
Chris Paul is the big ass killing dragon who shows his fight when stepped to. Marbury is the little ass yellow sorcerer trying to start shit. Magic always loses to dragon.

Marbury always loses to CP3.

:magi:

It's easy to bash Marbury at this stage of his baskeball career.But when he first came up, he was one of the best PG's in the NBA.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Stephon Marbury had the talent to be the next Magic Johnson and wasted it due to his difficult upbringing and his failure to mature.Had he stood in Georgie Tech longer than he did, he would be a future hall of famer right now.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda.. If, if, if... If if was a 1/5 we'd all be high, lol.

all of the steph supporters on here need wake the fack up! he was a fraud and a 1/2!!!

iSaYughh

Starter
Chris Paul is a God!!

I say this because I'm obviously a huge CP3 fan, but also because of what he brings to a team.

We need him way more than we need Melo. This was true when I said it in the summer and IT STILL IS.

The Hornets record thus far is 12-3. That's good for 3rd in the Western Conference behind the Lakers and Spurs

They're 7- 0 at home and 5-3 on the road.

We know who the Lakeshow and the Spurs have; the likes of Kobe and Gasol, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. We know this, hopefully.

The Hornets have Chris Paul.

That's basically it.

Here is their starting lineup:

T. Ariza @ SF
D. West @ PF
E. Okafor @ C
M. Belinelli @ SG
C. Paul @ PG

The above screams Gladys Night and the Pips to me.

Why are they winning??

Because they have the best PG since Magic Johnson..

I want the Knicks to pair CP3 w Amare and you should too. Why?

Because he is thus far MVP of the League. :thumbsup:

Because he averages: PPG16.6 RPG4.80 APG10.3 EFF+ 26.07 :thumbsup:

Because he also gets 3 steals a game:thumbsup:

And, again because he's got his teaming winning = 12-3 record.

What would our record be w Chris Paul running our SSOL, w Amare to catch his oop-passes??

Prolly not 12-4..

Maybe something like 10-6, 11-5, but we'd be on our way.

..And by the end of the year, barring any injury, ready for a deep playoff run.

Felton is starting to show what he can be and as i've said, i like him. Hopefully he can continue this trend. But..

CP3 is on a whole other level. And, he also wants to play here..

Walsh should forgo the Melo pursuit and try to make a deal for CP3.

His addition at the PG position would mean more to this team than the acquisition of Melo at the SF.

And just for edifications sake denver's record is 9-6 right now, not terrible but the two men have comparable rosters.

One of them has his team thriving.

Imagine what he could do for us w STAT.:gony:

We have a better team than NO, CP3 aside, too. They are more complete, simply bc they have a legit starting 5, but we are def better, especially going forward.

If we really pursue CP3, we should beef ourselves up so in 2yrs we can pounce when Felton expires. I just don't see him getting traded.

Sign M.Gasol. Hometown discount sign Chandler, more years for less $/per. Curry, Azzy expire.

Next year go for CP3 and re-sign Turiaf. Let Felton expire.

*CP3*
Fields
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol

Bench: Chandler, Turiaf, Douglas, Moz, Walker, AR

Best team and best franchise in game if CP3 power moves into that.

But no way do we not sign Melo in offseason if he still there. Walsh just can't pass on that. If he did, and CP3 didn't come, he would go down in total ignominy.

iSaYughh

Starter
It's easy to bash Marbury at this stage of his baskeball career.But when he first came up, he was one of the best PG's in the NBA.

I'm not a Marbury hater. But even at his best, he wasn't on CP3's planet.

Marbury was a flawed all star who let his career get mucked up and he became a shadow of himself who now plays with the Red Chinese. Isiah+Brown didn't help.

CP3 is a budding HOF'er who exemplifies the very best of what a PG can be.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
We have a better team than NO, CP3 aside, too. They are more complete, simply bc they have a legit starting 5, but we are def better, especially going forward.

If we really pursue CP3, we should beef ourselves up so in 2yrs we can pounce when Felton expires. I just don't see him getting traded.

Sign M.Gasol. Hometown discount sign Chandler, more years for less $/per. Curry, Azzy expire.

Next year go for CP3 and re-sign Turiaf. Let Felton expire.

*CP3*
Fields
Gallo
STAT
M.Gasol

Bench: Chandler, Turiaf, Douglas, Moz, Walker, AR

Best team and best franchise in game if CP3 power moves into that.

But no way do we not sign Melo in offseason if he still there. Walsh just can't pass on that. If he did, and CP3 didn't come, he would go down in total ignominy.

I hear you on all of the above and i understand the chances of CP3 getting traded are slim. But if there is a deal that can made you do it. The main premise being that you don't want to have to wait until after next season to get him. That's too much time for the Knicks, our fans and CP3. Underneath all of the public correctness Paul is prolly dying to get w Amare -- a real high quality big man.

Now, New Orleans just got Jared Jack and Marcus Banks. To me that either means they want to give Paul more rest, or they're stock piling point guards in the event that a trade happens. Jared Jack is a quality starter in the NBA.

Also, people underestimate the value of Eddie Curry's expiring contract.

You pair:

Eddie Curry with
Bill Walker, or Danilo Galinari, or Wilson Chandler, or Anthony Randolph
WHICH EVER ONE THEY WANT BASICALLY

You could also throw in Fields if they really wanted him

and send them to the Hornets for:

CP3:peace::peace::peace:

then the hornets tank the rest of the season to get the high pick they covet in the draft.

People swear you have to have Okeafor involved, but I don't think this is the case. You don't find quality NBA centers everywhere. I'm skeptical they would want to part w him. They may even be able to ask for more for just Paul. Think about it, every game that goes by that Paul's has that team playing phenomenally his value etches up slightly.

I really think there's a possibility they trade him before the deadline.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
if only.......we could get cp3 :/

I know dude. Can you imagine... we could go into every game confident the Knicks could get the W. That's all I want for this team, along w a shot a ring, which he'd give us too. Damn man.. Common Donnie!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Seriously the more think about it the best way to go about this is to trade for Paul and then sign Melo in the off-season.

Paul is the more important piece. You get that deal done then you let Melo come and take whatever's left of the pie. Hell let him take pay cut if he wants to be here that bad, but you get Paul here first.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Guys Cp3 is out of reach while he is healthy. He is just too good for the Hornets to trade him. We are going to have to wait till 2012 to get him, we can't just trade our role players for their megastar and expect them to budge.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not only is this thread in the wrong section, but it's a waste of time. Who trades MVP candidates without an expiring contract?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Guys Cp3 is out of reach while he is healthy. He is just too good for the Hornets to trade him. We are going to have to wait till 2012 to get him, we can't just trade our role players for their megastar and expect them to budge.

But don't you think the fact he is going to leave anyway in 2012 coupled w the need to get something back in return for him is a huge factor? Otherwise he just walks and the Hornets get nothing.

Plus in 2012, when he does leave, the Hornets are rebuilding. Why not start the process sooner rather than later.

Couple the above w the fact CP3 doesn't want to wait for 2012, the Knicks (i believe) don't want to wait until 2012, and Amare damn sure doesn't want to wait either and you have some strong motivating factors in play.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Not only is this thread in the wrong section, but it's a waste of time. Who trades MVP candidates without an expiring contract?

If it was in the wrong section they'd of moved it by now..

And can you please explain why you can't move a player like Paul w out Oke.., if that's what you meant?