Where does Amar'e Rank amongst PFs?

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
This list is not based completely on stats as they can be misleading. A couple to bare in my are

1. Teams that play at a faster pace inflate stats (NYK, GSW)
2. Some on this list are much better defensively ( Garnnett, Duncan Gasol)
3. Some teams lack rebounders while others are loaded with rebounders which skews the number of opportunities for an individual to get a rebound. (example Landry fields and Chandler grab a ton of rebounds which in turn lowers the oerall number of Rebounds Amar'e has the opprtunity to get)
4. Random Intangibles: Toughness, Leadership, Clutch, Hustle, Will etc... cannot be measured

My Ranking:

1. Pau Gasol
2. Tim Duncan/Amare Stoudemire
4. Kevin Garnnett
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Carlos Boozer
7. Blake Griffin
8. David West
9. Chris Bosh
10. David Lee
11. Luis Scola
12. Zach Randolph
13. Michael Beasly

Pau Gasol #16 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
21.1 12.1 2.1

Tim Duncan #21 C
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
14.1 9.7 1.8

Amare Stoudemire #1 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
24.1 8.6 2

Kevin Garnett #5 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
15.4 9.3 0.5

Dirk Nowitzki #41 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
25.7 8.3 0.7

Blake Griffin #32 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
20.2 11.6 0.5

David West #30 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
18.6 6.6 0.9

Chris Bosh #1 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
18 7.3 0.8

David Lee #10 C
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
14.2 10.3 0.3

Luis Scola #4 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
20.6 9.1 0.7

Zach Randolph #50 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
16.6 11.1 0.3

Michael Beasley #8 PF
2010-11 STATS
PPG RPG BPG
21.6 6.2 0.8

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I love ranking players. Like your list too Bleedblue..

Mine:

1. Pau
2. Amare
3. Dirk
4. Bosh
5. Duncan
6. Garnett
7. Blake Griffin
8. Boozer
9. Scola
10. West
11. Zach Randolph
12. Lee

New New York

Quiet Storm
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time we had a winning record this far into the season you know who claimed to be the best PG in the league and we began to free-fall from there!

Lets allow Stat to remain humble!

iSaYughh

Starter
I love ranking players. Like your list too Bleedblue..

Mine:

1. Pau
2. Amare
3. Dirk
4. Bosh
5. Duncan
6. Garnett
7. Blake Griffin
8. Boozer
9. Scola
10. West
11. Zach Randolph
12. Lee

Actually. Can't believe it. But we all forgot Kevin Love. Lol...daym.

In retro I also think I rated David West too high, Garknee also. And still think Bosh bit too low. MIA is a clusterfck right now, and he was arguably the best PF in the game at times last year, and has been a clockwork 20+-10 big since he came into the league.

What. K-Love. Like

18-15-3

With three pt range and good ft %.

He can hustle n move, too.

Hate to say it. But Kahhhhhn somehow backed his way into a fck of a front court. Love, Beasley, Darko. If that asshat would have traded us Rubio for Chandler and Douglas when he had chance, he could have had himself a team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Actually. Can't believe it. But we all forgot Kevin Love. Lol...daym.

In retro I also think I rated David West too high, Garknee also. And still think Bosh bit too low. MIA is a clusterfck right now, and he was arguably the best PF in the game at times last year, and has been a clockwork 20+-10 big since he came into the league.

What. K-Love. Like

18-15-3

With three pt range and good ft %.

He can hustle n move, too.

Hate to say it. But Kahhhhhn somehow backed his way into a fck of a front court. Love, Beasley, Darko. If that asshat would have traded us Rubio for Chandler and Douglas when he had chance, he could have had himself a team.

Love, right!

Damn..

What an oversight. Will edit...

Okay:

1. Pau
2. Amare
3. Dirk
4. Bosh
5. Duncan
6. Garnett
7. Blake Griffin
8. Boozer
9. Kevin Love
9a. Scola
10. West
11. Zach Randolph
12. Lee

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
1. Gasol
2. Duncan
3. Garnett
4. Stoudemire
5. Dirk
6. Griffin
7. Bosh
8. Boozer
9. Z-Bo
10. Scola
11. Lee
12. West

Everybody knows im not a Garnett fan but so far hes looking very healthy this year. At the same time, im just waiting for him to injure his knee again, everybody knows it will happen at some point

I cant believe some of you put Lee ahead of Randolph. Zbo might be off to a slow start because of injuries but hes a 20 10 guy. Hes a more versatile, skilled scorer then David Lee is and hes a better rebounder. sadly, hes probably even a little bit better on defense.

I put Amare 4th. Offensively he might even be the best. He has improved his defense but his man to man still needs work.

I dont think duncan plays as many minutes as the other power forwards do but hes still one of the best.

metrocard

Legend
1. Pau
2. Amare
3. Dirk
4. Blake Griffin
5. Duncan (aging)
6. Garnett (aging)
7. Lee (I believe Warriors are like 7-1 when Lee starts, Lee isn't as bad as you guys think. His defense is bad, but on offensive and bounding, he's elite)
8. Bosh (always been overrated in my opinion)
9. Scola (He's coming up. Probably toughest big man in the NBA, and his offense has been consistant)
10. Boozer (Don't know what he'll be like after coming back from the injury)
11. Zach Randolph (Hasn't played enough...never liked his game)
12. West (Doesn't rebound or block enough shots for me. Chris Paul made him. He's like Joe Smith)

Paul1355

All Star
Amare is better than Bosh, he is better than KG but not better than Duncan YET

He is behind Gasol in my opinion

p0nder

Starter
I place STAT and TD at the same level for different reasons. They are both unequivocal leaders of their team I place Pau under them as he is second fiddle on the team with kobe. Without Kobe that team blows, without Pau, well they still can get it done In terms of talent, PAU is not as good as Amare offensively and not as good as TD defensively...

so:

1 TD
2 STAT
3 PAU
4 DIRK
5 BOSH
6 KG
7 GRIFFIN
8 LOVE
9 WEST
10 SCOLA
11 ZBO
12 LEE

jpz17

Starter
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time we had a winning record this far into the season you know who claimed to be the best PG in the league and we began to free-fall from there!

Lets allow Stat to remain humble!

Yeah, lets just be happy with what we've got :)

moneyg

Starter
I really don't consider pau a pf. He's a center and on any other team that what he would play. It only cause the lakers have bynum. But I thin he has been playing center all year

Stat is tops right now.

We need to show some luv to milsap though. Utah is still dominant without boozer.

KingCharles34

All Star
Blake Griffin is a beast :shock2: He might be the best soon

I see Dirk gettin love, I used to hate on him and i dont think he deserved to get those mvp awards but I give him his props, hes got a top5 pf spot on lock and I would respect someone saying hes as high as the 2nd best even though i dont have him that high.

moneyg

Starter
Excuse me mr H20. A blind man can c that d will is the best player on the team.

I said utah is still dominant without boozer and yes milsap is part of the reason.

He is without a doubt better than david west and I don't see why he not included in the discussion. He is a 20 10 guy.

Go do ur research...... cuz its clear you only watch knicks games and espn highlights. If u actually watch a utah game you would see how good he is.

Hush hush

KingCharles34

All Star
Millsap is nice but im not sure if hes even top 15...

Most of the lists have the same top 12...

13 = Love
14 = Aldridge
15 = Jeff Green

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Excuse me mr H20. A blind man can c that d will is the best player on the team.

I said utah is still dominant without boozer and yes milsap is part of the reason.

He is without a doubt better than david west and I don't see why he not included in the discussion. He is a 20 10 guy.

Go do ur research...... cuz its clear you only watch knicks games and espn highlights. If u actually watch a utah game you would see how good he is.

Hush hush

Your definately right i forgot a few names like Love and Millsap. Not sure about love, but Millsap is the truth, he is playing great in Boozer's place