Play Curry

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ok i havent been curry's biggest admirer in the past, but he seems in shape and ready to go. i say play him over mozgov; the dude just comes in and loses a couple of balls and gets fouls. so why not give curry some burn? worst case he'll do the same as Mozgov. and best case he could do better- which is likely[he's more offensively skilled]- and draw some trade value, especially since he'd be playing well and has a huge expiring contract.

i know D'antoni doesnt wanna mess with the chemistry or whatever, but it's not like were telling him to drop STAT for this guy just give him the minutes mozgov is getting. in all honesty mozgov still needs to improve his game. he'll be a lot more effective later on in the season or next year even.

thoughts?

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree, Mozgov and Curry are both close to useless so if Mozgov is gonna play why not play Curry and make his fat ass sweat, and earn some of his money?

At the same time Mozgov does at least have potential. In the short term i would just give Curry minutes, we need to blow a team out so he can get some minutes in the 4th quarter of a game

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thats what im saying, let him get some burn worst case is he'll do like Mozgov is doing then he goes back to the benchwarmer role. But its the chance of him helping us that has me itching to give him a fair shot at some burn,

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Really guys? Eddy Curry? He's a turnover machine. He can't work the pick and roll. He won't try on defense. And he'll end up injuring himself. The burn Mosgov gets now is all to help him out for next year. Mos is a project, I know he'll be an OK player for us next year. Eddy Curry has proven to be complete garbage.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Really?

Whats more important right now developing Mozgov a guy we will count on for the next 3 years or Eddy Curry who is outta here by the trade deadline.

Thats not even counting the fact Curry should not be in the NBA period, Mozgov is trying and unlike Eddy Curry hes not making excuses or showing up to camp fat and injured.

Its simple guys were into Mozgov for 3 years, Curry is just a trading chip right now and I'm glad D'Antoni has benched his lazy ass.

KingCharles34

All Star
well we cant let him go without making him do some kind of hard work. I say we give him a backpack full of bricks and make him run around NYC for a few hours every day for a month, then waive him

Starks

Starter
You guys have officially lost it. We are winnign games and look superb on the road. We are on are way to having 2 all stars and a rookie of year candidate (though no chance of winning). We are growing a swagger and playing unselfishly and actually are having fun out there.

And some of you continue to complain and seem to secretly wish for failure just to be able to say "I told you Dantoni stinks" and "I told you we should have played Curry".

How old are you guys? I suspect most of those statements come from teenagers who weren't even alive to to witness NYC's adulation of this team and their great play during the 90s.

Curry is one NBA lockout away from never ever being heard from again. He's done and he knows it himself. Once there is lockout, I'd put money he ends up missing in Chicago somewhere or being a cab driver or something like Cappadona did when Wu-Tang's money fell off.

Starks

Starter
All I'm saying is stop complaining and enjoy this team. This is exactly what we wished for the past few years and you guys are still upset at this team. It's absolute madness.

What do you think the Knick players would think about some of the assertions in this forum if they read it. You all know for a fact they would laugh themselves silly and just think "Wow, I thought Knick fans were better than this"

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
anchorman1.jpg

Ron Burgundy: I thought you were kidding! I thought it was a joke! I even wrote it down in my diary, "DaTPRiNCE had a very funny joke today!" I laughed at it later that night!

KBlack25

Starter
Difference between Mozgov and Curry:

Mozgov is young, developing and could be a part of the future.

Curry is none of the three.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
And some of you continue to complain and seem to secretly wish for failure just to be able to say "I told you Dantoni stinks" and "I told you we should have played Curry".

You forgot "I told you Gallo sucks". :cool:

pat

Starter
Difference between Mozgov and Curry:

Mozgov is young, developing and could be a part of the future.

Curry is none of the three.

+ He makes opponents think twice about attacking the basket. Also, messing with the chemistry also includes whether a coach-decision is considered to be fair by the team and as far as I can see with all the effort Moz is putting in on both ends of the floor, he should keep his limited minutes in order to develop.

Curry Chicken is garbage, forget about him. Mosgov has such a big upside, to take away some of his minutes and give them to Curry Chicken will set him back.

I like Mosgov, he will be a good player in a few years.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Really?

Whats more important right now developing Mozgov a guy we will count on for the next 3 years or Eddy Curry who is outta here by the trade deadline.

Thats not even counting the fact Curry should not be in the NBA period, Mozgov is trying and unlike Eddy Curry hes not making excuses or showing up to camp fat and injured.

Its simple guys were into Mozgov for 3 years, Curry is just a trading chip right now and I'm glad D'Antoni has benched his lazy ass.

THIS. great post

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Curry should not be getting minutes over Mozgov or Anthony Randolph

Both of those players have the potential to be good for our future. Curry is out of here by the trade deadline and we don't really need him to showcase his talents; as an expiring contract he's got enough value in that already.

Give Mozgov and Randolph minutes at C before you put Curry in...

tiger0330

Legend
First game Curry plays the Knicks go on a 6 game losing streak, why play him when the team has a good thing going. And does anyone really expect that a guy that hasn't played for 2 years is going to show enough to up his trade value?? More likely Curry blows out a knee or an achilles and we get jack for him, the guy is worthless plain and simple.

Actually, it is a shame what Curry has become. He had so much potential coming into the league with comparisons to Shaq. If he had some drive and work ethic he would be an all star.

How can you be fat and outshape with all the money that is on the table. All the injuries are due to lack of conditioning. You have to hit the weights and do your cardio.

What a joke.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Curry has to work a lot harder and wait a while. The only way he is going to play is through a couple of injured players. The case usually is everyone on the team will get their chance to play and prove them selves, except for Curry. Eddy is done, he's garbage and should look to play for an international team.

Ron Burgundy is Will Ferrell's best character, funny stuff. DaTPRiNCE does bring up a good point, Mozgov is struggling. Mozgov struggling was to be expected, he's had a rough couple of games but will eventually come out of it. When I don't know.

Mozgov needs to be more aggressive on offense and less aggressive on defense. Earlier in the season he was dunking the ball now he's laying it up, he's settled down on defense fouling less, but still. If he becomes a problem I wouldn't give Curry a chance, next up would be Randolph then maybe Curry.