Maybe premature, but felton making me eat my harsh words.

jzero29

Rotation player
Felton was the subject of many of my barbs during the losing streak and right after.
He WAS not passing well. Not penetrating and dishing, The pick and roll was horrible if it even existed. The offense was awkward and relied on outside shot to much. he'd dump it into amare after he couldnt get an open shot, that alot he just forced up or forced into amare instead of leaving amare set up to make a move or taking an open jumper.
He has now improved a lot. He's much better chemistry with amare and they are turning out to be some tandum...still a ways from nash amare...but felton brings other stuff to the table. Like great defense and toughness.
Admittedly i was to quick to judge, but he was playing terrible, was being the key word. Now he's playing great and dare I say it, I think I like his tough style. It reminds me of the old tough knicks. Bottom line he's not forcing the offense, he's running it smoothly.
So I admitt was to harsh...I wasn't wrong about his play during losing streak, but it was still that adjustment phase not how he's gonna be whole season. thank god! He's found a nice balance, between reserved style of larry brown and freedom in dantoni style. He's found the balance of shooting to much and forcing, to scoring when needed. Also same with creating for others...he's not just dumping the ball into amare or out to others, he's creating space for them, then passing...not forcing. I like his reccent play and have no complaints only praise...but I have my eye on him...lol.

Last edited:

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
<DT>PPG-18.1 </DT>

<DT>RPG-4.00
APG-8.5
FG%-46.9

<DT class=pralast>Find me 5 point guards in the NBA with better all-around numbers this season.

</DT>

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Nah you were wrong when we were losing too..

Felton has an even better grasp now, but I called you out like 3 weeks ago on some BS you said about Felt not hitting cutters when he'd done it repeatedly in a game that same night.

There were signs. You just weren't seeing them..

Felt wasn't the prob then.

welcometonycity

Rotation player

Felton has an even better grasp now, but I called you out like 3 weeks ago on some BS you said about Felt not hitting cutters when he'd done it repeatedly in a game that same night.

called him out too, him including other people like to bugout when the knicks are losing and talk shyt.

Stfu without Felton we would not be winnig some of these games

13-9 when is the last time you could say that

Last year we started out 1-9 the ended up 7-15 for the first 22 games with DUHOMO

So stfu about real competition ask the other teams in the league we are real competition

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It's way too premature!!! Knicks have not faced real competition. At least wait till the end of the month.

Listen, ima let you know now..., we're gonna win some of those games against the so-called real comp your talkin about, straight laced.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Felton has been impressive, but he has to cut his turnovers. He is giving the ball to the other team a lot. No doubt that I am very happy with him being a Knicks. His heart, passion, and leadership is what has been missing ever since Isiah came aboard.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Felton is playing great right now. A lot of his turnovers are ticky tack BS that refs aren't giving him calls on or making calls against him and the Knicks. If we keep winning and garnering the headlines we will start getting those calls.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Felton has been impressive, but he has to cut his turnovers. He is giving the ball to the other team a lot. No doubt that I am very happy with him being a Knicks. His heart, passion, and leadership is what has been missing ever since Isiah came aboard.

you cant look at feltons t/o's like that. The knicks get more posessions per game than most teams, so his to's are relative and are still in range of those pg's that play a half court set. That means his t0's are relatively low.

jzero29

Rotation player
Okay whatever.

Show me the cutters?

1st I was saying his play has improved and I like his style now that he's adjusted. Not unlike the many news articles I've read about his improved play. note to improve, you have to have been not as good before.
2nd never made a derogatory term against his defense.
3rd Watch the losing streak, tell me how feltons grasp of a simple pick and roll worked with amare, tell me how he created space for other players? hit guys cutting to the basket...and I'll call bull.

-THENThere was a pathetic pick and roll if you could call it that, it was more of a dump into amare when felton couldn't take a shot, that often left amare in a bad position or already doubled.
which amare being the finisher he is, finished some of the time, on his own skill. Shouldn't count for assist when it's all amare. Watch again, Tell me how many easy pick and rolls. How many looked smooth. They were awkward and forced by felton and had less success. Several news agencies make this very point. Need I go get proof. That you are the only two clowns who believed felton played well during the first couple weeks, and now his play has improved and changed.

NOW amare has good space because felton has isn't dumping, he's creating space for amare to operate, which leads to easy baskets for amare, not as hard work for amare.

THEN He'd try and create a shot for himwhen he didn't chuck he'd swing the ball, just like any one on the perimeter, he got some assist when guys also chucked and hit. He'd only create for himself, he on occasions he'd use picks to free himself for a shot.usually a step or two back fro the 3point line.

THEN No penetration during streak.
And there were very little guys cutting to the basket to pass to, so you tell me who he hit cutting to the basket? when he was out on the perimeter and no one cut? Seriously...watch. His game was on the perimeter, passing from the 3 point line...not penetrating, not drawing defenders in away from shooters and amare. he lazily passed the ball around the perimeter.

Watch the tapes. I'm not saying he never did those things, but it was not enough. He had a few good games but few and far between and heavily outweighed by his chucking, and lazy perimiter passing. or forcing into amare to bail him out. awkward

NOW Felton is penetrating drawing defenders to him. opening up amare to mismatches and giving him free space for easy baskets. opening up shooters. Now the game looks more smooth.

You called me out? anyone can call someone out when they aren't paying attention to the facts. open your eyes. Look at the difference in the games. Especially feltons play...I'm serious. He's like a whole nother player. He's got better balance between his shooting driving and dishing and creating.

My point was He's improved...and I like him and admitt it was to early to judge him completely. He's seemed to get his game together and balance more. But I still will keep an eye to make sure he doesn't return to early season forcing habbits

jzero29

Rotation player
Listen, ima let you know now..., we're gonna win some of those games against the so-called real comp your talkin about, straight laced.
true and his current improved level of play...we will win some of the games against tough opponents. Also now we seem to consistently beat the teams we should beat. That is the sign of a good team.
Atlanta is an understandable lose atlanta is good, as was denver. But we played denver tough. had chances to win.
It's way too premature!!! Knicks have not faced real competition. At least wait till the end of the month.
they fared okay against denver. It's not that early, the season is a quarter finished.
We will upset some of those teams. But lose a couple games. We are not on that level, yet. we still need that dead eye outside shooter and a ...that Williams has been. I hope he can expand his game some and be very productive for us.

jzero29

Rotation player
didn't bug out, he was playing badly

called him out too, him including other people like to bugout when the knicks are losing and talk shyt.
didn't bug out he was playing badly. The offense was awkward and when that happens it's the PG fault. He's the orchestrator, the conductor and when it doesn't flow, it's his fault and at times during that streak he played awefull.

he now has improved his game. If you don't think e changed and improved and he's playing the same then you're not worth talking to, because that's just obsurd.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Show me the cutters?

1st I was saying his play has improved and I like his style now that he's adjusted. Not unlike the many news articles I've read about his improved play. note to improve, you have to have been not as good before.
2nd never made a derogatory term against his defense.
3rd Watch the losing streak, tell me how feltons grasp of a simple pick and roll worked with amare, tell me how he created space for other players? hit guys cutting to the basket...and I'll call bull.

-THENThere was a pathetic pick and roll if you could call it that, it was more of a dump into amare when felton couldn't take a shot, that often left amare in a bad position or already doubled.
which amare being the finisher he is, finished some of the time, on his own skill. Shouldn't count for assist when it's all amare. Watch again, Tell me how many easy pick and rolls. How many looked smooth. They were awkward and forced by felton and had less success. Several news agencies make this very point. Need I go get proof. That you are the only two clowns who believed felton played well during the first couple weeks, and now his play has improved and changed.

NOW amare has good space because felton has isn't dumping, he's creating space for amare to operate, which leads to easy baskets for amare, not as hard work for amare.

THEN He'd try and create a shot for himwhen he didn't chuck he'd swing the ball, just like any one on the perimeter, he got some assist when guys also chucked and hit. He'd only create for himself, he on occasions he'd use picks to free himself for a shot.usually a step or two back fro the 3point line.

THEN No penetration during streak.
And there were very little guys cutting to the basket to pass to, so you tell me who he hit cutting to the basket? when he was out on the perimeter and no one cut? Seriously...watch. His game was on the perimeter, passing from the 3 point line...not penetrating, not drawing defenders in away from shooters and amare. he lazily passed the ball around the perimeter.

Watch the tapes. I'm not saying he never did those things, but it was not enough. He had a few good games but few and far between and heavily outweighed by his chucking, and lazy perimiter passing. or forcing into amare to bail him out. awkward

NOW Felton is penetrating drawing defenders to him. opening up amare to mismatches and giving him free space for easy baskets. opening up shooters. Now the game looks more smooth.

You called me out? anyone can call someone out when they aren't paying attention to the facts. open your eyes. Look at the difference in the games. Especially feltons play...I'm serious. He's like a whole nother player. He's got better balance between his shooting driving and dishing and creating.

My point was He's improved...and I like him and admitt it was to early to judge him completely. He's seemed to get his game together and balance more. But I still will keep an eye to make sure he doesn't return to early season forcing habbits

You said alot w'out really saying anything. Bottomline is you were getting on a player that was still grasping out O, playing along side players who still trying to grasp out O.. He needed time and you were all over him, and wrong.

In every game early on in the season he hit cutters in the paint for assists. I think you generalized the ineptitude of our offense as a whole on to our PG as the problem. Felton wasn't that bad in any of those games..

Go look at stats from the first 9 games of the season during which he averaged 8.9 assists per game. He had more than a handful of games where he had double digit assists. Do you honestly think he wasn't hitting cutters in those games>>>>??? You made a dumb blanket statement about one of our best players during our early developing phase. Yes the team was playing bad. Do you expect Felton to not be affected by that even slightly??

You were dumb. Thas the premise of this thread right. Yes you were wrong then when I called you out.