Trade I would love to see!!

dave2138

Rotation player
Gilbert Arenas is untradable due to his contract.

Dwight Howard is untradable due to it being impossible for Orlando to get fair value in return.

Not going to get Carmelo Anthony for Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph. Denver could just sign Wilson Chandler in the off season as a FA. If the Knicks sign Carmelo Anthony, no chance the Knicks will match any contract offer Chandler gets.

I might as well post my "never going to happen" trade proposal since this is the appropriate thread to do so.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ck3sqg

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Gilbert Arenas is untradable due to his contract.

Dwight Howard is untradable due to it being impossible for Orlando to get fair value in return.

Not going to get Carmelo Anthony for Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph. Denver could just sign Wilson Chandler in the off season as a FA. If the Knicks sign Carmelo Anthony, no chance the Knicks will match any contract offer Chandler gets.

Like I said, you might have to tweak a player.. Also, The Orlando/Washington trade is already in discussion (has been for months)..... If you are Orlando, Anthony is a fair value.......

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Orlando isn't stupid enough to give up Dwight Howard for Carmelo...I don't think they'd do it because I don't see Carmelo signing the extension in Orlando. They're also not stupid enough to take on Gilbert Arenas' contract.

Denver isn't giving up Carmelo merely to get Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph, and Wilson Chandler in return - I think they're going to want a bit more.

Trade works out great for the Wizards and for the Knicks, though.

dave2138

Rotation player
Like I said, you might have to tweak a player.. Also, The Orlando/Washington trade is already in discussion (has been for months)..... If you are Orlando, Anthony is a fair value.......

Well you forgot to include Rashard Lewis then...

Lewis - Arenas makes more sense

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
OK, for all the wise asses..... The Orlando Washington deal is already being discussed so I didn't make that up; I just added it in.
Orlando is in a quandary right now where they are capped out for a while and Dwight Howard is NOT bringing them a championship with out other pieces and they will not get other pieces for a few more years; Howard might even feel out free agency... So for all yo A-Holes that just hang around looking for any chance to berate someone; NO ONE is untouchable.
We have seen plenty of "Un-touchables traded:
Shaq
Tracey McGrady in his prime traded...
Charles Barkely
Karrem Abdul-Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Dr. J
So, for you wise asses.... History has shown us that stars get traded.
The only reason why I mentioned it is there is rumors that Orlando might be looking to shake things up... That doesn't mean Howard but you can sell the fans on losing Howard if you are gaining Melo....

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
The only reason why I mentioned it is there is rumors that Orlando might be looking to shake things up... That doesn't mean Howard but you can sell the fans on losing Howard if you are gaining Melo....

Just to understand:
What happen if Denver isn't going to trade Melo now ? (January is the time limit, right ?)
Next summer Melo will be free agent and they won't receive anything if he'll sign for another team ?

dave2138

Rotation player
OK, for all the wise asses..... The Orlando Washington deal is already being discussed so I didn't make that up; I just added it in.
Orlando is in a quandary right now where they are capped out for a while and Dwight Howard is NOT bringing them a championship with out other pieces and they will not get other pieces for a few more years; Howard might even feel out free agency... So for all yo A-Holes that just hang around looking for any chance to berate someone; NO ONE is untouchable.
We have seen plenty of "Un-touchables traded:
Shaq
Tracey McGrady in his prime traded...
Charles Barkely
Karrem Abdul-Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Dr. J

Tmac was traded because the team won 22 games with him the year before. Julius Erving was traded because the Nets needed money to pay the Knicks to enter the NBA. Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Barkley all demanded trades. I don't remember Dwight Howard ever saying he wanted out of Orlando.

Yes, there were rumors of Arenas to Orlando, but only for Rashard Lewis who has an equally bad contract.

If any player will bring them a championship anytime soon its Dwight Howard anyway so I don't see your point about how it makes more sense to replace Dwight with Carmelo Anthony.

dave2138

Rotation player
Just to understand:
What happen if Denver isn't going to trade Melo now ? (January is the time limit, right ?)
Next summer Melo will be free agent and they won't receive anything if he'll sign for another team ?

Correct, he is an unrestricted FA after this season. Technically it was a sign and trade so Cleveland and Toronto did receive some compensation for losing Lebron/Bosh like draft picks and a trade exception. They did that so that Lebron/Bosh could get a guaranteed 6th year.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I honestly don't think there is a player in the world that Orlando would trade Dwight Howard for. Carmelo is awesome but he's not enough (And Arenas is not much more than dead-weight for a team that already has a plethora of good wing players)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Tmac was traded because the team won 22 games with him the year before. Julius Erving was traded because the Nets needed money to pay the Knicks to enter the NBA. Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Barkley all demanded trades. I don't remember Dwight Howard ever saying he wanted out of Orlando.

Yes, there were rumors of Arenas to Orlando, but only for Rashard Lewis who has an equally bad contract.

If any player will bring them a championship anytime soon its Dwight Howard anyway so I don't see your point about how it makes more sense to replace Dwight with Carmelo Anthony.

Again, my point was that stars get traded, regardless of the reason.... I didn't say Dwight wanted out, I said that there have been rumblings that Orlando might be looking to shake things up. Lewis was 1 scenario but the other and more viable one that was stated by many sources was the base of the trade being Carter for Arenas.
Not really sure where your "gothya" was????

KingCharles34

All Star
Ahhhh yes, Well Im sorry i cant make the trade you would love to see happen. But I would love to see a one star attached to this thread happen

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I honestly don't think there is a player in the world that Orlando would trade Dwight Howard for. Carmelo is awesome but he's not enough (And Arenas is not much more than dead-weight for a team that already has a plethora of good wing players)

In theory you are right but whenever a star is traded the team never gets back equal value; the most you hope for is talent and picks that you can rebuild around