Trade Idea that is so crazy, it just might work!

Ok here we go.

Philadelphia wants to unload Andre Igudala. He has a Gianormus Contract that he isnt worth but he is still a Decent player.

Philly needs Cap Room, Young talent, a pick or two.

Denver needs something in return to keep there fans happy, plus cap space and young talent.

New York needs Melo.

Now I have worked out a trade where everything works. The numbers, whos going where, Everything.

Philadelphia 76ers recieve
Anthony Randolph
Eddy Curry
Arron Affalo
2011 second round pick from Boston
2012 second round pick from New York

Denver Nuggets recieve
Andre Iguodala
Marreese Speights
Danilo Gallinari
2014 1st round pick from Knicks
2011 second round pick from Golden State

New York Knicks recieve
Carmelo Anthony

And on the ESPN trade machine the trade works!
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=276evc3

The trade will give Philly cap room and Draft picks, plus a young talent, It will give Denver Young Talent, an up and coming star, and Draft Picks, and it will give us Carmelo!

Giving us a nice lineup of

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Ronny Turiaf

OR if we go small

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Wilson Chandler
C: Amare Stoudemire

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Denver doesn't want Iggy, Deng, or Gilbert Grape because of their contracts tho. There's no reason to hamstring your team with bad contracts when you're going to be rebuilding AND the new CBA might call for a lower salary cap.

Harrington is already enough of a bad contract for them to deal with, I don't see them taking on another.

Denver doesn't want Iggy, Deng, or Gilbert Grape because of their contracts tho. There's no reason to hamstring your team with bad contracts when you're going to be rebuilding AND the new CBA might call for a lower salary cap.

Harrington is already enough of a bad contract for them to deal with, I don't see them taking on another.

Its retadred, I know, but its a known fact they are very much intrested in Iggy. But the problem is Melo doesnt want to go to Philly.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I keep on hearing that they're interested in Iggy but the only formal trade that was ever offered was the huge one with Denver, NJ, Charlotte, and Utah. Once again the Nets being involved.

Denver had a deal in place to send Melo to the Nets and tried to get him to sign the extension for NJ. If Denver were interested in Iggy, and Philly is trying to move Iggy, where's the trade proposal followed by Denver trying to get Melo to sign the extension for Philly?

I keep reading online that Denver wants Iggy and his huge contract, but as far as I can tell, they haven't even looked Philly's way. They've been locked in on NJ for a while now.

I keep on hearing that they're interested in Iggy but the only formal trade that was ever offered was the huge one with Denver, NJ, Charlotte, and Utah. Once again the Nets being involved.

Denver had a deal in place to send Melo to the Nets and tried to get him to sign the extension for NJ. If Denver were interested in Iggy, and Philly is trying to move Iggy, where's the trade proposal followed by Denver trying to get Melo to sign the extension for Philly?

I keep reading online that Denver wants Iggy and his huge contract, but as far as I can tell, they haven't even looked Philly's way. They've been locked in on NJ for a while now.
The only reason I think they would want him is to sell jerseys. Other then that it doesnt make any sense...

I think if we can find a team thats over the cap with young talent who wants to get under the cap, we use our expiring contracts to trade to the for Picks and young talent, and trade that to Denver for Melo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
denver wants eddy's contract tho....so that going to philly isnt gonna work....is it? denver needs cap relief.

Oh by the way anyone remember that Nuggets forum some of us went to to suggest Trade Ideas for Melo? I suggested this to them and they banned me.

:beer:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
No one really knows what they want. ive heard antoher "star" (Iggy, Gerald Wallace), draft picks, and of course cap room.

If they're rebuilding we know exactly what they want. Cheap talent, draft picks, and cap room.

They might be posturing to try to squeeze a better deal out of someone (dunno why tho since Melo holds all the power to single handedly veto any trade) but we can assume Denver wants cap space and picks. Not another contract that will force them to have to make more trades to free up cap space. That's going backwards.

I still don't don't believe Denver has any interest in Iggy, I could be wrong, but this past summer taught me to believe it when I see it in the NBA. Not only because of LeJizz Stain, but also because of how "according to sources" the Knicks could get shut out of the FA blitz....only to end up being the first team to land a big name unrestricted FA. So if these same "sources" are telling us that Denver is going against all conventional wisdom and are gonna take on one of the league's worst contracts in a deal for their franchise player...I'm gonna call bullshit.