Randolph Showing Signs Of Benchitis.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And it begins.

Anthony Randolph seems frustrated at being out of Mike D'Antoni's rotation.

"I have no choice. I have to deal with it," Randolph said.

Asked if he is confident that he will get another opportunity to prove himself to the coach, Randolph said "No."

D'Antoni expressed the opposite point of view.

"I'd be very surprised, it's a long year, if things don't come around where you get a heck of a chance," D'Antoni said.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ndolph_frustrated_in_new_york/##ixzz17lzE80N7

earn 1 (?rn)
tr.v. earned, earn?ing, earns
1. To gain especially for the performance of service, labor, or work: earned money by milking camel semen.

2. To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action: She earned a reputation as a deep throat virtuoso.

3. To yield as return or profit

And so on.

act_anthony_randolph.jpg

Randolph has been so out of sync that he can't possibly wonder why he's a bench wench. Can he? He's botched defensive rotations, has had hands of stone, looks constantly bewildered and stagnates ball movement as soon as the ball touches his hands with a quick jumper - hitting them at a clip of .273%

Let's not kid ourselves here, Randolph has been shit.

KBlack25

Starter
Interesting to watch: Randolph's body language during timeouts and huddles.

I noticed it one game, I don't remember which, where rather than listen to the huddle and what was going on, he kept looking at the camera away from the huddle. I never see him looking engrossed in the game and the conversation in the huddle. I can't be the only one that has noticed it.

I want Randolph to get a shot, I hope for his sake he is attached to Amare at the hip and he is learning everything there is to learn about the system and how to be a prop player and the right thing to do. If he takes this opportunity to learn and soak up any experience he can muster with the best PF in the league right now on his squad, he will get his chance soon.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Exactly. He needs that opportunity, but I can't see where it's going to emerge with a tougher schedule ahead??

The Gov has basically faded out of MD's rotation, if Randolph wants it, he goes for it now and drops the moping.

He's too young and talented to let emotions slow his progress.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Honestly he needs the reps during the game!

This is the hardest position for a coach to be in, because frankly to maximize his potential he going to need game time minutes, but......he looks so bad during games you understand why he is on the bench. Not to mention our best run in 6 years did begin when he was cut from the rotation

Just the way he follows his shot after he shoots like he knows he has missed it, and the way he looks to be in a rush and how he looks to the bench everytime he misses is concerning...especially for a 3rd year player!

I'm scared that he is getting down on himself because thats a recipe for disaster.....but I think he can emerge as a good player for us this season, and a very good player for us down the road!

tiger0330

Legend
Another problem is he's the type of player that needs minutes to be effective. He's a 15ppg/10RB player when he plays 30 minutes. You can understand why he would be unhappy but as long as the team is going like this how can you blame D'Antoni for not messing with a good thing.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
It looked like he was sleeping in the 4th quarter tonight.. I mean hell he's gotta be better than ****in Mozgov.. I wanna see Randolph play a little bit

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He should be following Amar'e like a lapdog and asking him for every single tip on how to get better. Randolph's just as athletic as Amar'e is and he's got skill too, he's just not very polished.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
Why is it that md always has someone in the doghouse,, now i understand curry and some other previous players, but randolph may not be performing to par but hes steps ahead of moz.. and the way the knicks are playing has a mixture of us improving as a team as well as having a nice schedule against teams we should def beat, injuries,fatigue become factors as the season progresses so md has to motivate this kid, maybe have amare give hime some tips but i like seeing all players being utilized in some way,otherise when they loose it looks like there not using all there resources..

Wargames

Starter
i don't blame MD on this one every time AR gets in a game he doesn't play his role. He should be playing similar to Turiaf. Get as many rebounds as he can, go for dunks when they seem possible, and pass the ball to someone else whenever there is a good chance your not going to get to the basket. Every time he is in a game he does the opposite of these things by trying to shoot mid range jumpers. Offensively that puts him out of range for the rebounds and takes the ball away from better shooters.

Its been said before and as much as I like AR I got to agree dude isn't playing smart with the minutes he has. He should be trying to get into the PF/C rotation by playing conservatively on offense like turiaf and focusing on his defense.

Also understand I am not saying he doesn't have offensive abilities but at the moment he is a role-player with potential. Once he's mastered being that and gets more minutes then he can improve to fulfill his potential.

KBlack25

Starter
I compare Randolph to another embattled NY player: AJ Burnett.

Like AJ, I believe Randolph has a ton of talent. But like AJ, I think Randolph gets into his own head and is his own worst enemy. When AR was getting minutes, it looked like he felt as though he HAD to be a superstar, he had to make every jumper, he had to take over the game.

If he takes his time to learn the system, relax, and realize that he does not have to be LeBron James...hell, he doesn't even have to be Marcus Camby (the player I think Randolph would be the MOST like if he lived up to his potential) he has the ability to be effective in our rotation.

But Mike D'Antoni is in a predicament - we are winning games now, and sometimes it is a very delicate balance. But like I said before, echoing some of the other sentiment on here, we need this guy to sit there and be a sponge. He should be awake when Amare is awake, at the gym when Amare is at the gym, shooting around when Amare is shooting around, doing EVERYTHING in practice Amare is doing. If he does all of that, Amare will take notice and I guarantee Mike D will take notice and they will give this guy a shot.

iSaYughh

Starter
You don't throw in a kg-lite prospect without being pretty ****ing sure discussions like this will go down.

Great thread.

The Fields and Williams Model

Act like you don't need an emo therapist on hand 24/7
Play hard and play well in practice
Play reasonably in control and aware when you get chances

That is how you earn trust and how you deserve sustaining it.

Especially on a chemistry team on the rise in the thick of a run with a legit coach,

Grooming a dynasty.

Not a player.

CoolClyde

Ant Rando Bencho

the thin man has no confidence, no enthusiasm. he was sitting in the 2nd row last night, wiping his eyes during timeouts, with that sad puppy dog in the doghouse look. shawnuff williams got into a fight during practice with skywriter, and now he's in the rotation (for now). you gotta have balls, play hard as you can during practice, and support your team voraciously from the bench (ala Masonite/Walker), otherwise, there's no way outta the d'oghouse for mr. potential.

i agree with other ko posters, he's got 2 great role models in Tuffiaf (rebound, don't shoot, be aggressive, block shots) and STUD (allstar everything).

even the beached whale looks like he's trying hard in practice. wtf is AntRando's problem...? face it, he ain't gettin minutes during a winning streak, that's fer sure. it's garbage time for him, just like Johnny Rottens... garbage time.

petescud

Starter
Looks to me like AR is heading to a western con team for a 1st round pick, for us to give to Denver for Melo to come to the Knicks....Denver gets Mason, AZY, Curry and a 1st rounder for Melo...Ewing Jr called back as well as another replacement players to make up for Mason...You heard it here first...lol

KBlack25

Starter
Looks to me like AR is heading to a western con team for a 1st round pick, for us to give to Denver for Melo....Denver gets Mason, AZY, Curry and a 1st rounder for Melo...Ewing Jr called back as well as another replacement players to make up for Mason...You heard it here first

If that happens I will lose my shit in excitement.

iSaYughh

Starter
If that happens I will lose my shit in excitement.

I hope I'm not driving if that shit gets announced.

Pete did you actually here that trade? the mere inclusion of Masonite would be a surreal coup.

I still think we'll go Chandler, Walker, Curry, and one to two picks.

And I'd dance a jig in times sq for Donnie.

But that would just be surreal good. Melo is being a real soldier for us either way in this game.

knicksin60

Starter
Anthony Randolph is a player that when all is said and done he will have a Jonathan Bender type of career.His career so far in the NBA is living proof that it takes more than physical talent to succeed in professional sports.It is evident that his mind was, is and will never be NBA ready.Him and Eddy Curry should take a flight to North East Asia and stay there for a while.I'm surprised that teams are willing to give the Knicks a first round pick for this guy.I know he's a fan favorite on this forum but I don't think he is worth a box of cornflakes right now.

Anthony Randolph is a player that when all is said and done he will have a Jonathan Bender type of career.His career so far in the NBA is living proof that it takes more than physical talent to succeed in professional sports.It is evident that his mind was, is and will never be NBA ready.Him and Eddy Curry should take a flight to North East Asia and stay there for a while.I'm surprised that teams are willing to give the Knicks a first round pick for this guy.I know he's a fan favorite on this forum but I don't think he is worth a box of cornflakes right now.

I think in the right system he can be a very good player. Certainly a better player than Bender. He does have to get that 10 cent brain on track though.

I'm still shocked this acquisition didn't work out. I may have been in the minority, but was pretty pumped when they got him.