The trade I think most helps Knicks

miked1958

Rotation player
I am not so sure about the trade. But i do agree with you about keeping this team intact. They finally have a chemistry going and this group that has been put together has been gelling very nice. Not so sure it would be that much better at this point even with LeBron.

I think if they keep this core together and be patient they wont have to give away alot of the current talent on this team to get melo or paul. Its been a long long long time for us suffering Knicks fans waiting for a season like this where we are competitive every game. I mean its been way over a decade since we have put so many wins together and since we have played so well away from home. Amare came with in an eyelash of being the ONLY player in NBA History to put up 9 games in a row with at least 30ppg while having his team win those same 9games. Prior 3 others had 8. We are doing things now that we never dreamed we would do when this season started. I dont thing hocking 3 or 4 good players and draft picks for Melo would be a good idea at this point. Maybe we sign him as a FA in offseason. Even if he goes to another team he said he wont sign long term deal unless its with knicks. I say we wait, and enjoy the rest of the season. Maybe we dont win it all, maybe we get knocked out in first round, hey maybe we dont even make playoffs. Who knows. But i can tell you this. I am excited to watch them now. I was really upset and down in the dumps after that game ended. Especially how we led them all game since they were up 7-5, and how peirce said its not a rivalry bec we are not on their level. and its him that hits the winning shot. MAN i wanted amares shot to be good. But after dust settled i realized boston is supposed to do stuff like that. We on the other hand have ARRIVED>>> watch out EASTERN CONFERENCE

th3realicon

Rotation player
Someone has learned to play with the ESPN trade machine i see.

How is getting 2 average players locked for 4 & 5 years is gonna help us?

la2ny

Starter
yeah that handicaps the cap again, but at the same time thats beatiful workage of the trade machine, 2 hard working players who can contribute for 4 players that dont play. but again money, money, money

metrocard

Legend
I feel like we have our Varejao in Turiaf, and Iggy Dala is great, he would be excellent in the D'Antoni offense, BUT his jumpshot worries me...too streaky.

This is a well thought out trade though. Props.

th3realicon

Rotation player
With Iggy and Varejao goes any hope we could possible had to play D though. If that is the case i'd much deal for Arenas instead. Yeah his contract is abysmal but he would give us an extra shot maker and take a lot of pressure off Amare.