Are these Knicks to young???

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
While having young and athletic talent is always important to a team. The best teams in the league right now are stacked with veterans.

Dallas - Dirk, Marion Kidd
San Antonio -Duncan, Parker Ginobili
Boston - Garnett, Pierce, Allen
Miami - Anyone not named Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony or LeBoshade
Los Angeles - Kobe, Gasol, Fisher

Utah OKC and a few others seem like the exception.

So considering this trend I think it would be in our best interest to find a veteran or two who can give the Knicks a little depth and some consistency. While I like our young guys like Gallo, Douglas, Randolph, Mozgov, Fields etc. I think shipping some of them off for a consistent veteran point guard and a serviceable big men would greatly help this team's consistency.

The only proven players on this team are our veterans STAT and Felton, opposing teams take away the pick n' roll and put the game in the hands of Gallo, Douglas and Shawne Williams to make big shots, which given their experience have not proven they can consistently make.A core of Felton Carmelo and STAT would be nice, but would suffer the same problems due to the young and inexperienced nature of the supporting cast.

iSaYughh

Starter
Of course we are! This is why it's ridiculous that the most knee-jerk **** THIS TEAM SUCKS ppl are generally pressing so hard to have Moz, or AR, log beefy mimutes.

If you want to be a winner now, and expect wins consistently from the team, you don't play Moz...or AR...and you don't have 90% of our players in a game have an average age of 23. It's not like STAT and Felton are even 30, or terribly close to, either.

The best way to resolve this, aside from being "patient" (ie squandering at least a couple years of a championship window predicated upon STAT's prime....let's say 4 full seasons...is to consolidate the young talent for a proven, veteran commodity.

It's incredible Melo can be had. We psychologically spoil ourselves bc of the nuance in this extension option he has. But if we treat it essentially as prying a player away from finding home with someone else, it's crazy the opportunity. And it's a total windfall after losing out on Bron.

Hopefully we buy a pick like we did for T Douglas or get crafty for one, trade AR for one, and package those two picks, our 2014 first, and either Chandler or Gallo.

It's a good gamble to then tell DEN to take *that* offer, or wage the biggest gamble of them all in Melo just walking here, and living with the disgrace as well as missing out on multiple first round picks and a young starting forward while being in rebuild mode!

iSaYughh

Starter
Felton
Fields-Walker
Gallo-Williams
Melo-Turiaf
STAT-BigBaby

Moz, Ewing Jr., whoever we get with our 2nd rounders.

Bitch slap Boston 'Dicks and get Glen Davis, and find any cheap backup pg who can run a decent p&r.

I'll even concede The Hen and throw in Chandler instead. That's an immediate contender either way.

If we can throw out two firsts, a future first, Douglas, and Gallo/Chandler, I don't see how DEN can refuse and risk the self-inflicted ass rape of a lifetime and pray Melo believes a Russian billionaires word (lol).

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Felton
Fields-Walker
Gallo-Williams
Melo-Turiaf
STAT-BigBaby

Moz, Ewing Jr., whoever we get with our 2nd rounders.

Bitch slap Boston 'Dicks and get Glen Davis, and find any cheap backup pg who can run a decent p&r.

I'll even concede The Hen and throw in Chandler instead. That's an immediate contender either way.

If we can throw out two firsts, a future first, Douglas, and Gallo/Chandler, I don't see how DEN can refuse and risk the self-inflicted ass rape of a lifetime and pray Melo believes a Russian billionaires word (lol).

???????????????? Needs a little explaining but does look like a good team. I hope the Knicks could do better than that. If Melo comes to the Knicks and still have Gallo, I would like the Knicks to get a starting center to have Melo starting small forward and Gallo come off the bench.

This is why Chandler is more of a keeper if Melo comes, can't see it work with Gallo and Melo. They are both strictly only sf, so having Chandler who has no problem coming off the bench as 6th man can play multiple positions.

As for the team being too young, I can see that. You can't put any trust on players who have little experience in the NBA or have no confidence. The young players look uncomfortable and doesn't know what to do.

Tony Douglas - Looks uncomfortable and nervous, has trouble running the point.
Bill Walker - Looked good but lost his confidence, losing weight seemed to have hurt more than help him. Only way he'll play is if he can improve defensively.
Anthony Randolph - He tricked us to thinking he was good with his flashy plays but has no awareness or IQ what so ever. Only way he will play is through injuries.
Timothy Mozgov - Looks nervous having trouble catching passes and tries not to foul. I still think he can be a great player but needs help. Needs to get use to the NBA and concentrate on rebounding.
Gallo - Needs to learn when his shot is not going for him and flow of the game. When its a tight game he needs to look to pass or create for a better shot, same goes for Felton and Stat at times.
Turiaf - Work on offense
Roger Mason and Andy Rautins - Lost causes

With good coaching and experience most of these youngsters can improve. Time is of the essence and this is why the team is too young and need to make something happen.