All I Want For X-Mas is... (prioritizing our Knick needs)

Red

TYPE-A
It's Dec. 20th 2010 and here are the numbers...

*We are 6th in our conference @ 16-12, 2nd in the Atlantic
*2nd in the league in PPG @ 108
*20th in rebounding
*28th in opponents PPG

All the talk is about Melo since this is a star driven league.
According to Jeff VanGundy we should strike while the iron is hot for Melo.

More talk is about depth... as this is also a league with deep benches and depth. Even MIA who supposedly had no interior players and a weakness inside has at least 3 to 4 Big men to alter shots.

Out of all things a C can do, above scoring and rebounding is be a pressence inside and alter shots on defense. Add boxing out etc... and maybe you have something.

So here are the priorities moving forward.

1. Starting C- without this and defense we are incomplete. I don't want to hear from MDA supporters. Yes his offense is proven, yes we can score given the right players... and no we can't compete without it.

2. More bench depth, including a back up PG, and more bigs who play D.

3. Melo is an opportunistic trade if it happens it happens.

Walsh should have resigned Earl Barron.

This is the last you'll hear from me about this. I'm satisfied with where we are, but I still don't have a big man or a valid defense.

Yes we can compete, but looking forward, without the basic ingrediants like Big players in the middle, and Defense, we are chasing our tails.

We're rebuilding for championship runs, not increased mediocrity.

EVERY PLAYER EXCEPT FELT & AMARE is expendable for upgrades. That includes Fields, Gallo, and Wilson. We will assume they will be traded for better players if they are so save the sh*t.

We need a Center asap for X-Mas! That's all. We are so close yet just as far as we were the past two years +. Yes we compete, yes we have more talent, yes it takes time, and yeah defense and bigs still win and make the difference along with superstars in this league.

Without that we might as well get used to the ups and downs... and we all know that's not how we do here in NY!

Red

TYPE-A
MIA, BOS, ORL, ATL, PHI, AND CHI: Are the top defensive teams in te East in terms of OPP.

As well as opponent FG% (same teams different order)

If we want to compete we have to bring in players who rival their bigs.

KG, Shaq, Big baby, Erden, J O'neal, Perkins

Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Scalabrini, Thomsas

Battie, Hawes, Brand

Bosh, Z, Anthony, Howard

Hibbert, Foster, Jones

D12

We have Amare.

We have to fight fire with fire. These teams are stocked with
If not quality then servicable bigs. We aren't.

If anything our run is proving to be lacking something... something that we should be able to get as we are in a better position than the past. All the best bigs are stock-piled in the east. We have one, need many more to compete.

It seems that either Will and/ or Gallo will be the 2 main players involved in a trade. The wrong player leaving can have disasterous reasults.

It sucks chanting Defense for no phuckin reason. If we keep Wilson and up grade Gallo to Mello we add another consistant scorer.

If we trade Wilson and keep Gallo we lose rebounding and defense (lawd knows we can't lose the little defense we have) and the scoring really doesn't change due to Gallos inconsistancy. He will just play himself out of minutes because he would not be able to keep up with, or compliment Mello and Stat.

Those are just the bare facts.

p0nder

Starter
my wish list:

#1) Big Christmas day win against CHI-town
-That will be big for our team and will bring us into the new year on a high note.

#2) Melo/another big time scoring threat
-for the same reason you draft the best player available we should get MELO. addressing positional deficiencies can be easier AFTER we have our second MAX FA as we will then have a better idea of our budget.

#3) a Center with prowess at both ends of the court
- When looking at positions that need to be addressed we can all see that C is where it is most needed. We have a number of guards that can be put into the PG slot, SG Fields is playing well, SF we are stacked with Galo and chandler, we have the best PF in Amar'e but only have Turiaf as a C, with Mozgov totally green and no one else really able to step in and be the paint presence.

petescud

Starter
We need Melo and Big Defenders. We can't allow easy baskets. Thats really what killed us against the Heat. I'd try to move any combo of Mason, Rautins and Walker for a decent Big defender

iSaYughh

Starter
Troy Murphy, Kris Humphirs, Dalembert, Nazr Mohammhed, Perkins, Big Baby, Nene, etc.

What a stacked FA class of bigs, for just our purposes. Perkins/BigBaby I think are our best bets. Just how cheap could Nazr be had I wonder? How big of a pay cut would Dalembert take?

Our game plan is simple: get Melo, bring in one of the above bigs, along with finding any decent backup PG who can run a p&r. Maybe we can find one with one of our 2011 2nd rounders?

It wont happen, but I'd love to see Kirelienko on this team, too.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
All I want for Christmas is a win over the Chicago Bullcraps.
STAT>Carlos Loser
Let's go Knicks.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
What I want for Christmas is for Mozgov and Randolph have a moment of clarity and become the players the Knicks need them to become. I was excited when the Knicks signed Mozgov but he hasn't been playing like I thought he would. If only the Knicks had easy blowout games so our bench have time to prove themselves.

What a stacked FA class of bigs, for just our purposes. Perkins/BigBaby I think are our best bets. Just how cheap could Nazr be had I wonder? How big of a pay cut would Dalembert take?

Dalembert taking a pay cut would be awesome, and he should take a pay cut. When the Knicks make some noise and make the playoffs it will be easier to sign players to better contracts.

legend33

Rookie
This is a star driven league so we should probly get Melo, but he's not necessary.

All you need in this league to compete is rebounding and defense.

Right now we're -

* 2nd in PPG
* 28th in Opp PPG

* 7th in FG%
* 24th in Opp FG%

* 12th in 3Pt%
* 24th in Opp 3Pt %

* 12th in APG

* 20th in RPG
* 25th in Opp RPG

* 2nd in BPG
* 12th in SPG

You add up all that and you decide what kind of players you'd need to improve those stats.

Instead of Melo, I'd take a guy like Andre Iguodala.
A.) He's a better defender and a better passer (so he'd automatically improve those #'s)
B.) He's just as likely to be available
C.) Needs less shots and shoots around the same TS% anyway (historically a little better than Melo though)
D.) Consistently among steals leaders and one of the best rebounding guards in the league, also ultra athletic for our uptempo offense...
E.) And last but not least, he can create his own offense, albeit not as good as Melo but still...

Then we need to SERIOUSLY address the interior defense and rebounding, b/c Melo or not there's some serious mess down there -

Dalembert isn't going to do anything but improve our BPG, but he's not really a good interior defender per say. A guy like Nene is good though, maybe see if we can make a play for Marcin Gortat from the Suns...Cambyman would be nice, but I doubt Portland deals him........Chris Kaman might also make some sense, he's a decent interior defender........and hear me out........

What if we got Tony Battie along WITH Iguodala? That would be a COUP of a deal, and would eliminate the need for Amare at Center. Amare at PF, with Battie starting, who is an EXCELLENT interior defender, would really make us a team to compete with.

THE TRADE: (and I tried this so it works fellas)

Timofey Mosgov
Danilo Gallinari
Kellena Azuibuke
(and we could throw in picks/cash considerations if needed)

~for~

Andre Iguodala
Tony Battie

That still leaves us with Curry's expiring deal anyway if we still want to get Melo, but in the meantime, it definitely helps our interior and perimeter defense...And I think it's a deal Philly might go for too, to save some bank over the years and to get a young promising big man...

Last edited:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Azzy being cut

This might also be relevant, the Knicks are rumored to cut Azzy.
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a..._knicks_going_to_cut_kelenna_azubuike/3826034

Are The New York Knicks Going To Cut Kelenna Azubuike By: David Jacober

Kelenna Azubuike who was penciled in at the start of the year to be the New Yorks starting shooting guard, might find himself the odd man out in New York. The Knicks are looking to create a roster space so that they might have some flexibility leading up to the trade deadline. Azubuike, who came over in a deal that brought Anthony Randolph and other assets from Golden State for David Lee, has not been able to get himself on the court this year only playing in nine games due to injury.
Landry Fields, on the hand has performed brilliantly for the Garden faithful, and is considered to be the Knicks only legit asset in their bid to try and acquire Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets. Marc Berman of the New York Post reported that Knicks head coach Mike D?Antoni said of Azubuike, ?{he} is not at an NBA level?, as the fourth year player out Kentucky continues to rehab his injured knee.
Only the Knicks would trade a player of David Lee?s stature to potentially cut one of the pieces of that trade before the player has yet to able to prove his worth to the franchise. The Knicks have been one of the most impressive teams thus far this season, however with only a third of the NBA season, the Knicks are already making plans as if they are going to lock up the three seed in the East.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
All I want for Christmas is a win over the Chicago Bullcraps.
STAT>Carlos Loser
Let's go Knicks.

you said it bro, the bulls arent all that we could compete with them and we smacked them around early in the season when we clearly werent the same team we are now-neither were they. now its going to be a great game especially the atmosphere thankfully ill get to be home to watch it, STAT will smack the bulls around and end up with his usual i think we come out with a win. would really satisfy me :gony:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I want a couple of things with the last being selfish. I want the Knicks to win big with another great defensive effort. Aslo I want Mike D to trust AR a little more and let him get minutes on the regular. The boy can play, I think he is the type of player though that needs confidence from the coaching staff.

He was highly touted from LSU then dogged the Warriors and now some what dogged by us. Like it or not be these guys have feelings as well they are not robots. Anyway have a merry xmas Knicksonline and enjoy a win from our team.:gony:

mafra

Legend
Noah is out? Gibson banged up. WE BETTER beat CHI. Rose-Boozer. Tough duo, but we betetr take care of business. 2-0 vs CHI would be nice.

NOW, I would take Ridnour, Dalembert, Iggy or Mayo. This sort of combo. Might be better than getting Carmelo anyway. At least we would be a deeper (more complete team).

Felton
Iggy/Mayo
Gallo
STAT
Dalembert/Pryzbilla

That starting 5 would work. Toss in Chandler as the 6th man. Turiaf, Fields, Ridnour round out the 8-man rotation. Williams the 9th option and Mozgov the 10th.

The question is: Get a better center now, and sacrifice option to sign Marc Gasol? Tough decisions. I think I would opt for the back-up center. STAT plays best when we give him space and let him play the PF. Have Turiaf and a Pryzbilla on the bench to bring in when needed. Go get a backup center, an impact SG and a backup PG.

THEN, save rest of cap space to sign Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol.

Next year (if no Melo):

Felton
Iggy
Gallo
Stoudemire
Gasol

Chandler, Fields, Ridnour, Williams, Mozgov

Doubt we get Iggy, Pryzbilla, Ridnour though while keeping both Chandler and Gallo? Who knows.