Timofey Mozgov comments on DNP's

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
As we've mentioned and linked to before, Timofey Mozgov blogs on a Russian sports site. In his latest post, he comments on his DNP-CD's.
After the Cleveland game where I [got] another DNP ? Coach?s decision, I have read ? yet another time ? that Mozgov is losing the trust of the coach.
I?ll say this: on my part there?s no panic!
First of all, I?ll repeat myself: coach has talked several times about the different rotation schemes. Second, we have talked with him about it, even though briefly. He promised to get me back on the court, and I have no reason not to trust him. Third, I think right now he?s just found the game he was looking for and that got us rolling.
This tempo and playing style have helped us win eight straight games. And, by the way, it also helped to calm down [Amar'e Stoudemire] who got a little disappointed. Did you read anything new about him not being happy? There you go. And morale of the leader is very important!
He touches on a few obvious things like Mike D'Antoni finding a rotation that works - one that just doesn't involve him at the moment - but what we can take away here is that the coach is communicating where everyone stands. That's something that was said to be an issue with D'Antoni in the past, among some veterans anyway. And it's nice to see everyone's on board with keeping Amar'e happy.

by gian casimiro on Dec 28, 2010 3:43 PM EST in Miscellaneous

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Good shit.

On an NBA team there's a hierarchy. STAT is the leader, that's unquestionable. Rookies like Mozgov need to earn their spots, and he seems to understand that.

This is y he isn't playing

Mike D:"Tim I need you pick THEN ROLL!!!! Okay?

Timofey:"Mozgov make basket???"

Mike D:"Damnit...Amar'e take the ice off"

^^^ LMAO , That's some funny shit :teeth: , but I still hold out hope for Mozgov. Using his size to piss pound smaller teams and keep Amare happy at the 4 spot would be nice some day.......... if he and our coaching staff can get it done???:crossfingers:

p0nder

Starter
lol. He's a good kid with NBA size and some decent moves. he'll get on the court again i'm sure of it. I don't know how fast he'll develop, and communication is always they key. His english is fairly decent tho, so i expect by next year he'll be a serviceable back-up option, if not starting center good.

nyk_nyk

All Star
lol. He's a good kid with NBA size and some decent moves. he'll get on the court again i'm sure of it. I don't know how fast he'll develop, and communication is always they key. His english is fairly decent tho, so i expect by next year he'll be a serviceable back-up option, if not starting center good.

Why are people expecting anything from this guy? Wasn't he the backup on his russian team and put up paltry numbers??? Why would he all of a sudden get better in a more superior league?

Never wxpected much from him but I still think Dantoni should at least use his size. MIA gives J Anthony good minutes and he can't score at all but he fills a role and does it well. That's part of good coaching.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Why are people expecting anything from this guy? Wasn't he the backup on his russian team and put up paltry numbers??? Why would he all of a sudden get better in a more superior league?

Never wxpected much from him but I still think Dantoni should at least use his size. MIA gives J Anthony good minutes and he can't score at all but he fills a role and does it well. That's part of good coaching.

EXACTLY... something the Knicks need to get A NEW COACH....