Johny Flynn anyone???

mafra

Legend
It appears something between MIN-NYK is poised to go down come Feb. I read how Kahn was in NY "watching" a game.

I think MIN #1 pick is our first choice (lottery pick we could pawn off to DEN in package for 'Melo).

Ridnour might be our #2 choice, but his contract (2 more years for 4 mil per) might not be so attractive.

Flynn for Randolph might be something.... MIN wants Randolph. They also want Mayo. We're looking at MAYO too.

MIN's goal might be to get both Randolph and Mayo.

Of course, MIN is trying to buy assets 10 cents on the dollar, get a steal like what they got with Beasley. They want to give NYK Telfair for Randolph.

I actually felt this is why they took both Flynn and Rubio. Rubio wasn't going to join MIN right away. So take Flynn. Have him for 2 seasons and then trade him for another young asset. Being that the other prospects on the board (aside from Derozan) were PGs as well... not a bad move I guess (even if it screwed us).

RUBIO
JOHNSON
BEASLEY
LOVE
DARKO

RIDNOUR, BREWER

This is the start of something, no? Lots of young, talented players here. I think a lottery pick plus Randolph would be perfect. They need exactly what a Randolph would bring.

If MIN can pry both Randolph and Mayo... wow. If I were MIN I would even offer a 1st round pick to do this.

RUBIO
Mayo
BEASLEY
LOVE
DARKO

Johnson, RIDNOUR, Randolph, BREWER

That's a solid 9-man rotation!

SO.... would I do Randlph for Flynn? Sure. Why not. JF knows MSG, and he might even excel in this system. A definite upgrade over Douglas (who is hurt right now).

Ridnour might be better now.... but doens't have much upside.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^ Ya. The spotty minutes Flynn has had since his return could be telling, as well, that MIN has changed directions in their strategy.

Maybe they plan to keep Ridnour -- playing nicely -- as their starter, and over the next two years trade *both* Flynn/Rubio, for more assets, and in that time period procure a replacement upgrade for Ridnour if they so choose.

I can't help but see MIN as being like MEM, though, when all is said and done. Nice, talented, complete roster -- but just doesn't do shit.

Actually, we should be worried about MIN going in for the kill with McGee or Blatche, too, on top of Mayo.

Beasley, Love, McGee, Darko, AR would be a sick stable of bigs.