Analysis after the championship Lakers game

Kiyaman

Legend
Now this is a logical post.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Give FA-Perkins or FA-Gasol the money from Eddy Curry ending contract,
use the MLE on a better replacement than Walker/Mason at guards to give
us a Felton/Douglas/Fields/??? 4-guard rotation.
Plus we can draft the best available player with our 2011 pick.
And have no problem resigning Wilson Chandler, and extending
Fields/Douglas/and Turiaf contracts (to get more effort of improvement over the offseason).

For right now.....
Walsh need to rewatch the Knicks vs Lakers game over and over to see
if Carmelo couldve stopped Bynum/ Gasol/ Odoms/or Ron Artest from out-
scoring & out-rebounding the Knicks by 20, plus beating the Knicks to the
punch in all 4 quarters. We needed Nene/ K-Mart/ or Birdman rough-house
performance alongside of Amare & Chandler in that Lakers game.

Donnie Walsh have to get on the grind for the missing-pieces in our rotation,
which DAMN sure is not Carmelo Anthony by a mile.

We got to many damn Knick-Fans in this generation that only think SCORING,
they didnt learn SHAAAAT from clueless Isiah Thomas all scoring-lineups with
no effort on defense from 2003 to 2008.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

KBlack25

Starter
I don't want to pay Perkins 11 million, Gasol maybe but not Perkins.

Why not just take the best big available with our mid-late first rounder this year?

Now this is a logical post.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Give FA-Perkins or FA-Gasol the money from Eddy Curry ending contract,
use the MLE on a better replacement than Walker/Mason at guards to give
us a Felton/Douglas/Fields/??? 4-guard rotation.
Plus we can draft the best available player with our 2011 pick.
And have no problem resigning Wilson Chandler, and extending
Fields/Douglas/and Turiaf contracts (to get more effort of improvement over the offseason).

For right now.....
Walsh need to rewatch the Knicks vs Lakers game over and over to see
if Carmelo couldve stopped Bynum/ Gasol/ Odoms/or Ron Artest from out-
scoring & out-rebounding the Knicks by 20, plus beating the Knicks to the
punch in all 4 quarters. We needed Nene/ K-Mart/ or Birdman rough-house
performance alongside of Amare & Chandler in that Lakers game.

Donnie Walsh have to get on the grind for the missing-pieces in our rotation,
which DAMN sure is not Carmelo Anthony by a mile.

We got to many damn Knick-Fans in this generation that only think SCORING,
they didnt learn SHAAAAT from clueless Isiah Thomas all scoring-lineups with
no effort on defense from 2003 to 2008.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

OK I hear you, but Can Gasol & Perkins shoot from 15ft? A prerequisite a big man has to have to get consistent minutes playing for Mike D.

In my perfect world the Knicks should:

1) Get melo. Giving up any of the usual suspects except Fields or wait until Melo is free.

2) Hire a more conventional coach that recognizes DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. I'd like that to be Bill Laimbeer. He's been successful and he's up and coming.

3) Coach up the bigs we have until 2012-2013 when we can make a run at Dwight Howard.

Has anyone ever heard of the phrase OFFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS? I havent.

iSaYughh

Starter
We just have two 2nds, no? I thought HOU swap was for 2012? Damn, we really treat our draft picks like 3-bit ho's.

I'd rather Glen Davis vs Perkins, fwiw. Will come cheaper, has a well-fitting skill set, good versatility in having 5 size and enforcement, but agile enough and with a good enough shot to play the 4 very well.

He would mesh great w STAT. Davis + Turiaf as our complimentary bigs, with Moz as the 7ft wildcard to send on hit jobs to other teams' players.

Glen Davis' versatility and game still let's us work in the effective small rotations of giving Chandler, maybe one day Gallo, burn at the 4 wife STAT at the 5.

Ideally: we improve defense, size, toughness, versatility. And depth -- which also improves offense and ability to close out games w maximal freshness by giving STAT some extra rest. While not messing up our team's flow and ability to smother teams with an up tempo game.

Glen Davis and Deandre Jordan would be expert pickups. Deandre Jordan is an easier to coach Anthony Randolph, in a ready-made Center body, and more proven.

But similar package of youth, raw dominance, and flashes of greatness (ie 20rebound, 10block games).

Re-sign Wilson, sign Glen Davis, Deandre Jordan, pick up Turiaf option. Curry, Walker, Azzy melt.

Trade Randolph for 2011 1st, package for Mayo, or hold to draft a sg or pg. Explore Kirilienko signing.

Felton-Douglas
Mayo-Fields
Gallo-Kirilienko
Chandler-Davis-Turiaf
STAT-Jordan-Turiaf

bench -- Williams, Ewing Jr., and whomever we get with our two 2nds and min salary signings.

KBlack25

Starter
We just have two 2nds, no? I thought HOU swap was for 2012? Damn, we really treat our draft picks like 3-bit ho's.

Other way around:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

Houston also has the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011, and the Rockets also get New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Edit: The reason we are looking for another first rounder in the Melo trade I believe is because the swap is protect top 5 or top 1 so until that isn't a possibilty (we lock in the playoffs) the pick can't really be traded b/c we don't know who technically will own it. I believe.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Lakers beat the Knicks by using three 7' footers, the Jazz beat the
Knicks by using three 7' footers.
The conclusion comes to one of the Knicks missing pieces is a BIG-BODY in
the paint (Nene, Gasol, Haywood, Camby, ect.) in the future the Knicks will have to add another bigman to the frontcourt rotation with Turiaf/ Amare/and (a resigned) Chandler. Both Mozgov & AR should attend a NBA bigman-camp during the summer, plus the Knicks will finally have to hire a bigman training coach next season.

The Knicks are playing well and will have to finish out this season playing Dantoni's style of B.Ball (small-ball and small-rotation).