Knicks reach out to grizz about mayo to Denver

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
"OJ Mayo would not be happy with a trade to Denver, sources say. Mayo wants to go to winning situation. He would love to go to the Knicks." - broussard

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This could make it so that we could trade both Chandler and Fields without having to worry too much. Mayo is a good player who can shoot and play defense. If we keep Fields somehow then Mayo could also come off the bench like he has over in Memphis. He's played really well for his first few years but I think he'll perform excellently with some veteran leadership.

Think about it. If we could somehow swing a Bill Walker + 2nd rounder for OJ Mayo trade and then send Chandler, Fields, Curry, and a first rounder from an Anthony Randolph trade in exchange for Carmelo Anthony then we'd have a solid starting lineup of:

PG - Felton
SG - Mayo
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Turiaf

Bench:

G - Mason
G - Douglas
F - Williams
F - Gallo
C - Mozgov

Bench is kinda weak at guard but other than that that's a pretty solid team that I think could contend for a championship

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
This could make it so that we could trade both Chandler and Fields without having to worry too much. Mayo is a good player who can shoot and play defense. If we keep Fields somehow then Mayo could also come off the bench like he has over in Memphis. He's played really well for his first few years but I think he'll perform excellently with some veteran leadership.

Think about it. If we could somehow swing a Bill Walker + 2nd rounder for OJ Mayo trade and then send Chandler, Fields, Curry, and a first rounder from an Anthony Randolph trade in exchange for Carmelo Anthony then we'd have a solid starting lineup of:

PG - Felton
SG - Mayo
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Turiaf

Bench:

G - Mason
G - Douglas
F - Williams
F - Gallo
C - Mozgov

Bench is kinda weak at guard but other than that that's a pretty solid team that I think could contend for a championship

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't the articale say we are trying to send OJ to the Nuggets? We would have no SG, especially if we traded Walker to.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The article says we're trying to send Mayo to the Nuggets but if that doesn't work I came up with a solution where we could keep Mayo and dump Fields instead.

Let's be honest we all like Fields but I think Mayo is a better player

mafra

Legend
The article says we're trying to send Mayo to the Nuggets but if that doesn't work I came up with a solution where we could keep Mayo and dump Fields instead.

I think if we can't get Carmelo, getting Mayo and then sending Randolph to MIN for a 1st round pick would be ideal.

THEN, sign Gasol in the offseason.

Mayo + Gasol + Lottery pick + our 1st rounder + current team = good things.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Mayo + Carmelo = also good things

This way we could part with Wilson Chandler and Landry Fields and not really stress out about it because we have a starting SG in return

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I think if we can't get Carmelo, getting Mayo and then sending Randolph to MIN for a 1st round pick would be ideal.

THEN, sign Gasol in the offseason.

Mayo + Gasol + Lottery pick + our 1st rounder + current team = good things.

exactly what i was thinking, we need another guy who could create his own shot efficiently. and all do respect to Felton and Chandler( they're both awesome ) but Mayo can demand a double team when he's on that would only open up our game and the guy can shoot. on top of that his contract is cheap for another 2 years. and he's only 23 whats not to like. i agree with you we should get this guy asap

Markutis

Benchwarmer

No way Mayo is better than Fields. I've seen 80% of the Grizzlies games last season, when he actually was playing better, and almost every Memphis fan was disappointed with him. He's an erratic shooter, not a pg, not a sg, low bball IQ, bad attitude, wrong decisions every time. Jeez, we should stay away from him. Poor man's Iverson type of player. And i mean really poor.

petescud

Starter
No way Mayo is better than Fields. I've seen 80% of the Grizzlies games last season, when he actually was playing better, and almost every Memphis fan was disappointed with him. He's an erratic shooter, not a pg, not a sg, low bball IQ, bad attitude, wrong decisions every time. Jeez, we should stay away from him. Poor man's Iverson type of player. And i mean really poor.

I agree 100% and to think that Mayo is a 3rd year player too. Fields still has more upside. In 3 years he'll be even better