Nuggets Grant Nets Permission To Talk To Melo

mafra

Legend
I bet it's really attractive to sign an extension in NJ, play in Newark with Lopez and a few mid 30 yr-old vets... Watch the HEAT go the the Finals... With the hope that in 2012, or 2013, or maybe 2014 you'll finally play a game in Brooklyn, and will get to play with a bunch of draft picks from the weakest draft class in the last 30 years.

I bet NO just can't wait to trade Paul to NJ.... That's what he'll be told, but when the time comes Melo has to think NO will do to CP3 exactly what DEN did to him, and that's deal him to someplace they can get the most assets from.

AND... even if he gets Paul, and moves to Brooklyn and is ready to compete in 2013... They still wont have enough to beat the Heat.

OR.... He could just wait 6 months, sign with the Knicks, and he competes for the championship come November.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me, no matter what the Russian and Jay-Z have to say.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
I bet it's really attractive to sign an extension in NJ, play in Newark with Lopez and a few mid 30 yr-old vets... Watch the HEAT go the the Finals... With the hope that in 2012, or 2013, or maybe 2014 you'll finally play a game in Brooklyn, and will get to play with a bunch of draft picks from the weakest draft class in the last 30 years.

I bet NO just can't wait to trade Paul to NJ.... That's what he'll be told, but when the time comes Melo has to think NO will do to CP3 exactly what DEN did to him, and that's deal him to someplace they can get the most assets from.

AND... even if he gets Paul, and moves to Brooklyn and is ready to compete in 2013... They still wont have enough to beat the Heat.

OR.... He could just wait 6 months, sign with the Knicks, and he competes for the championship come November.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me, no matter what the Russian and Jay-Z have to say.
co-sign. ive been expressing the same sentiments. i find hard to believe he thinks the nets are a better move over the knick.

hell spend most of the years of that contract in nj with a aging core of players.

i hopefully melo is really being true to his word and wants to come here. im tired of players acting as if its their dream to play in ny then when giving the opportunity they switch up

mafra

Legend
co-sign. ive been expressing the same sentiments. i find hard to believe he thinks the nets are a better move over the knick.

hell spend most of the years of that contract in nj with a aging core of players.

i hopefully melo is really being true to his word and wants to come here. im tired of players acting as if its their dream to play in ny then when giving the opportunity they switch up

Hey, I wont fault the man if he listens to the "advice" his people and inner circle are feeding him. If he takes the money b/c those people want to get paid and want a change of scenary, and if the potential to lose 30 million is a real fear... Then who can blame the man. This isn't Lebron leaving CLE (where they have a state income tax) for FLA (where they do not have a state income tax) and leaving a few nickles under the seat cushions...

If he falls in love with the notion of being Brooklyn's 1st star, a Benard King for the B-Nyets, and understands it might take 2-3 years to get there... If he's willing to watch his friends in MIA win titles the next 2 years, and he can live with that and watch his prime pass him by.... That's his choice.

BUT, witht the way both Amar'e and Felton have played... They elevated status from decent and good player to a very good and great player. Add Melo and sprinkle in some role players and you compete for the title next year and the year after... You stand in the Heat's way.

Melo owns Wade head-2-head. Amar'e is better than Bosh. They have the best player in the world, we should have more depth. An arms race this summer to fill out the roster.. But we could go toe to toe with them, especially with Felton & Chandler vs Arroyo & Miller.

Same with BOS, CHI, LA....

It might be 50/50 he even gets Paul for 2012-2013 season. Lopez took a big step backward.

Look at what happened to MIA with LJ out.... Melo has to wonder how good NY could become if he stepped in with Felton-Stoudemire-Chandler.

mafra

Legend
Get Carmelo Anthony and Samuel Dalembert and see how good the Knicks become...

DEn told NJ to stop leaking news, and keep things quiet. Now this news "breaks" ... Something tells me if Melo was really interested in meeting with NJ, and was thinking about going there... We wouldn't hear about this meeting, until after Carmelo was dealt, and only then would we know AFTER THE FACT. All PR going on.

la2ny

Starter
mel.jpg

1222840438383_jpg_roflposters_com_myspace.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
Get Carmelo Anthony and Samuel Dalembert and see how good the Knicks become...
We definitely need a good one way defensive player like Dalembert even if we don't get Melo, until he agrees to the extension the Knicks are not out of it. Melo could still blow up the Nets deal and force Denver to accept a Knicks offer if he stays strong and refuses to sign with the Nets, Denver still has over a month to trade him.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Yeah him declining to meet with the Nets is basically like saying "Yeah...ain't gonna happen, bro.."

it doesnt mean he isnt going to the nets. not at all. it just shows that theres a decent chance he doesnt want to go there (he wants to go to the knicks)

Hayato

Benchwarmer
"Carmelo Anthony said after Sunday's game that he isn't aware of a meeting with the Nets and has no desire to meet with them, saying, "I don?t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."
"The Nuggets pay me. I can't talk to those people," said Melo. When asked if this was his final game with the Nuggets, he replied, "No. I'm going to play Wednesday against Oklahoma City, then against the Lakers, then Indiana." The plot has certainly thickened, and it's possible that Melo is adamant enough about playing for New York that he won't sign an extension and instead ink a new deal as a free agent, CBA be damned. The rumored mega-deal has been 'heating up' recently, however, and anything is possible -- it's still almost certain that Denver will deal him before the deadline, one way or another."

--Rotoworld

so what do we do? do we trade away the first round pick, galo, fields and/or chandler, and curry's contract and try to get melo this year or are we confident enough that he'll come to us in the offseason?

Sage

Rotation player
Still thinking it's in our best interest to just wait, but if they were willing to throw in Nene then I think it's worth sending whoever they want not named Amar'e, Felton, Fields or Chandler.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Still thinking it's in our best interest to just wait, but if they were willing to throw in Nene then I think it's worth sending whoever they want not named Amar'e, Felton, Fields or Chandler.

Well, whoever they want always gonna include Chandler and/or Fields. Don't you think? If not, what we have left is rubbish except for Gallinari.

Sage

Rotation player
Well, whoever they want always gonna include Chandler and/or Fields. Don't you think? If not, what we have left is rubbish except for Gallinari.

I just think it would be a shame to lose BOTH Fields and Chandler. Gallo is a SF so it wouldn't make sense to keep him in a Melo deal.

Who do you guys think has more upside, Fields or Chandler?

iSaYughh

Starter
I just think it would be a shame to lose BOTH Fields and Chandler. Gallo is a SF so it wouldn't make sense to keep him in a Melo deal.

Who do you guys think has more upside, Fields or Chandler?

Melo would essentially replace Chandler. He'd play the 4 much in the same way Chandler has been.

Gallo in this scenario would be our 3.

If we traded Fields, too, barring a Mayo/Richardson type deal:

Felton
Douglas-Walker
Gallo-Williams
Melo-Turiaf
Amare-Moz

Would be our rotation this season. In the off season, I imagine we would attack at least 2 one of:

Perkins, Glen davis, kirilienko, Deandre jordan, mayo.

Along w a 1st, 2nd, 2nd draft choices to round things out.