Artest?

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
He wants to be traded per newswire.

Why not to Knicks? We are still weak on "D", if he can be had cheap I say do it. NY guy who still has something in the tank. Playoffs if we face the Heat...Arest on LrBron.

clumsy

Rotation player
From an Entertainment standpoint Ron Artest is my favorite player in the league.

I don't want him on this team tho. He's done. just like people who wanted AI (i did too for a minute). People gotta let it go, when it is a players time, it is their time.

p0nder

Starter
Unlike AI, he's still effective in his limited minutes.

He also accepts that his career is on a decline and might be willing to take a pay cut to play here. He will also be very accepting of a bench role, where as AI wanted to start for the team.

I don't know his contract(6.5 mill this year?) but he's a quality guy and has matured recently to the point where i don't think the team would consider him a distraction, in or out of the locker room.

Still i don;t think he'll fit on the team, i just don't see it happening, i don't know why...

Hell No! If he can't fit in LA on a championship team what makes you think he will fit in a system where players have freedom?:alert:
How many times has Artest been bench in 4th quarters due to his poor play and
horrible shooting? Countless! He was just benched for most of the game last night for not doing what has been asked.
He is another head case and after winning the Championship he has gotten worse, Phil Jackson of all people can't get him to cooperate and stop Shooting the corner 3. SO, you don't think he would clash with Mike D.:alert:

6.5 million guaranteed for 3 more years to Artest who is on the decline?:barf: Are you serious I would rather give Wilson 6.5mil and watch him continue to get better.

Stay away from over the hill players:gony:

Reactions: pat

iSaYughh

Starter
Smh comparing him to ai!

He's 31. And fundaments of his game will age well anyways.

He's having a poor 1/2 season so far, worst of his career. Now would be the time to seize him w a good risk:reward for us.

Maybe we could deal Chandler n get back Artest + something. A pick?

Moz, Gallo, Chandler for Artest, Bynum, backup pg, 1st.

Felton
Fields
Artest
Amare
Bynum

We offer Den Randolph/Walker/Douglas/Curry/1st. Else we let Melo salivate about walking to us, with Artest becoming our 6th.

Donkey
Kobe
Gallo
Odom
Gasol
6th Chandler

Actually a very, very big front 6. They'd play extremely well together, imho, and it gives lak two huge * young* players to futureproof them.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Bynum
6th Artest

iSaYughh

Starter
Hell No! If he can't fit in LA on a championship team what makes you think he will fit in a system where players have freedom?:alert:
How many times has Artest been bench in 4th quarters due to his poor play and
horrible shooting? Countless! He was just benched for most of the game last night for not doing what has been asked.
He is another head case and after winning the Championship he has gotten worse, Phil Jackson of all people can't get him to cooperate and stop Shooting the corner 3. SO, you don't think he would clash with Mike D.:alert:

6.5 million guaranteed for 3 more years to Artest who is on the decline?:barf: Are you serious I would rather give Wilson 6.5mil and watch him continue to get better.

Stay away from over the hill players:gony:

That's a really good roast to Artest all n all. I still like a deal for him, but only if part of a blockbuster.

Smh comparing him to ai!

He's having a poor 1/2 season so far, worst of his career. Now would be the time to seize him w a good risk:reward for us.

Felton
Fields
Artest
Amare
Bynum

We offer Den Randolph/Walker/Douglas/Curry/1st. Else we let Melo salivate about walking to us, with Artest becoming our 6th.

Donkey
Kobe
Gallo
Odom
Gasol
6th Chandler

Actually a very, very big front 6. They'd play extremely well together, imho, and it gives lak two huge * young* players to futureproof them.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Bynum
6th Artest

No way LA does this they are trying to ship Bynum for Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph right now, also why would Denver take less than we offered them the first time in that trade. LA has no pick they traded it off to NJ for they to take Vujaic to open up space.

Anyway dream all you want but it's still HELL NO!

Smh comparing him to ai!

Felton
Fields
Artest
Amare
Bynum

Donkey
Kobe
Gallo
Odom
Gasol
6th Chandler

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Bynum
6th Artest
No way Dantoni sits Gallo for Artest. Dantoni wouldn't even sit Lebron for Gallo if we had him

edit: nvm i see you traded him in that deal

Last edited:

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Rather than posting the whole trade and having pictures and crap screw up the thread, go to realgm.com and type in trade ID #5832277. I made an artest/melo deal. Denver gets cap relief, Lakers get Chandler, Detroit gets rid of Prince and we get Melo/Artest.

iSaYughh

Starter
No way LA does this they are trying to ship Bynum for Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph right now, also why would Denver take less than we offered them the first time in that trade. LA has no pick they traded it off to NJ for they to take Vujaic to open up space.

Anyway dream all you want but it's still HELL NO!

If DEN doesn't take what we offer them, fine. They can risk the ultimate deathblow of Melo just walking here. That's where it is right now. DEN dreaming of our last offer or one better is that -- a dream. Either way, remove LAK's pick; I forgot about Vujaic.

This deal > Gasol/Randolph.

If LAK does a deal it will be a big one to shake them up. Last word was they don't want to deal Bynum at all...but if they do, I don't see a Bynum for Gasol r Zach actually going through. Does it suddenly make them a potentially much better team, or with a new ability to win games?

Gallo
Chandler
Moz (with Odom as starting PF again)

Vs.

Artest
Bynum

Vs.

Artest
Gasol

Paul1355

All Star
He wants to be traded per newswire.

Why not to Knicks? We are still weak on "D", if he can be had cheap I say do it. NY guy who still has something in the tank. Playoffs if we face the Heat...Arest on LrBron.

I would take Artest.

He brings gritty toughness and great defense

His outside shot has really been non existant and that would be the only reason i would not want him.

His personality can be controled by Mike D and everyone knows Amare/Felton run the show so Artest shouldnt have objections

But who do we give up for him?

We are looking for Melo first

If that deal falls through and Melo goes somewhere else then we can maybe trade Chandler for Artest with some bench players.

say no to ron artest

Thank you, I think some of you are still stuck on that one game where he showed up in game 7 of the finals after being carried all year by Kobe and Gasol.

We can't afford to take a gamble on Artest especially at the cost of young players who are playing more effective.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Artest's best days are behind him. Love him, but he's a screw-up. Takes bad shots and willc osts you more games than he'll win for you because of his bad decision making. This wasn't so bad once upon a time when he hit jump shots and actually could defend, but he is half the player he once was. I'd take him for a bag of wheat and that's about it.

Starks

Starter
We have too many SFs as it is. And I put more value in Williams, Chandler, and Gallo than Artest.

Toons

is the Bo$$
did you see what happened when phil sat artest for odom? dud clearly lost his starting job because of how horrible he's been playing. i dropped artest from my fanball team months ago, and i have not one regret.

clumsy

Rotation player
To whoever said you cant compare him to AI you clearly didn't watch him in Houston either. He was horribly offensively at least. Not like his Indiana days. I hate to say it but Artest wouldn't even crack our line up.

Still a good defender and probably the funniest and most random people in the league tho.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
?

Rather than posting the whole trade and having pictures and crap screw up the thread, go to realgm.com and type in trade ID #5832277. I made an artest/melo deal. Denver gets cap relief, Lakers get Chandler, Detroit gets rid of Prince and we get Melo/Artest.

So I have to log into K.O. than go into Realgm.com. Why don't some of you just go make your own fan webpage like K.O. instead of complining about something as little as a double post, or what not its dumb and childish to complain about such miniscule thing as a double post....LOL

Wargames

Starter
Lets not even entertain the idea of trading for him. That would be a isiah deal and we all know it. Lets just sit back and watch as the Lakers trade him to the Pistons for Rip and be happy we are in no way involved in that deal.