It would be nice to have a defensive game plan when the offense isnt working

But hey some of these cats say the Knicks play good defense. (face palm) No rebounding either. Jason Terry said they'd score 120 before the game. How could someone on a team that scores 97 points a game be so confident his team would better that by 25 pts. you ask? Because he knows the Knicks dont play defense. The entire league knows this.

Last edited:
Mike D has proved to me that he is clueless, we bring them down to 4 and we should have subbed in Mozgov who was dominating 18 points 6rbs 2blks on 7-8 and 5 dunks.:alert: Then he sits mosts of the 3rd and 4th C'mon son.:alert: He subbed back in Ray Felton who couldn't stay in front of anyone:alert: while Douglas did his best to bring us back, then he tries to sub Douglas back in with 1:45 left. :alert:

He has to go trust me, and when Donnie is gone can we bring in Pritcherd and Mike Woodson they would defiently take us to over 55+ wins with Melo:crossfingers:. Hell Woodson took a team with just JJ to the playoffs then they added J.Crawford and got 45 wins and then they got 50+. While Mike D has struggled year in year out. How can Tim Thideou have the Bulls on root to win over 50+ games while missing Boozer for 20games and Noah for 25games?:alert: While we lose to the 76ers(2x) :barf:Cavs:barf::barf: Clippers:barf: and Rockets(2x). :barf:

Coach change please!:beer:

Mike D has proved to me that he is clueless, we bring them down to 4 and we should have subbed in Mozgov who was dominating 18 points 6rbs 2blks on 7-8 and 5 dunks.:alert: Then he sits mosts of the 3rd and 4th C'mon son.:alert: He subbed back in Ray Felton who couldn't stay in front of anyone:alert: while Douglas did his best to bring us back, then he tries to sub Douglas back in with 1:45 left. :alert:

He has to go trust me, and when Donnie is gone can we bring in Pritcherd and Mike Woodson they would defiently take us to over 55+ wins with Melo:crossfingers:. Hell Woodson took a team with just JJ to the playoffs then they added J.Crawford and got 45 wins and then they got 50+. While Mike D has struggled year in year out. How can Tim Thideou have the Bulls on root to win over 50+ games while missing Boozer for 20games and Noah for 25games?:alert: While we lose to the 76ers(2x) :barf:Cavs:barf::barf: Clippers:barf: and Rockets(2x). :barf:

You forgot the Kings..

:agreed: I dont understand why we dont give a better defensive effort EVERY DAM GAME. We get down 15-20 then try to turn up the screws. Too LATE. By that time the other team is brimming with confidence. Break their collective confidence EARLY and it makes making shots more difficult throughout the game. I've seen it happen thousands of times...

One more thing. Maybe somebody can help me out. It seems the Knicks give up the baseline on purpose. Do other teams play team defense this way? If so when exactly did the philosophy change? I remember forcing guys to the middle so you could get help from the guards up top and the bigs down low. Now I see guys with a straight beeline to the basket 10-15 times a game. Its unreal.

Toons

is the Bo$$
But hey some of these cats say the Knicks play good defense. (face palm) No rebounding either. Jason Terry said they'd score 120 before the game. How could someone on a team that scores 97 points a game be so confident his team would better that by 25 pts. you ask? Because he knows the Knicks dont play defense. The entire league knows this.

Maybe he knows this because he's an NBA player that gets scouting reports. Maybe he knows that the knicks play an uptempo offense that relies on possessions per game (flawed, yes, but hey, its what we have). He may also know that his team ahs the ability to switch between half court and uptempo systems because they have all the players to do so. No one said our defense is good, most people agreed that it is a huge improvement over last year, and dont have the expectations that we will go from last to first because we have amare.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Here we go again. Absolutely no defensive scheme whatsoever...

the only thing i see them do is full court press all day, when the ball crosses over the half court line, other teams run picks and screens all day to get a mismatch. we need the right players.

Toons

is the Bo$$

totally agree with the first paragraph. felton had a nice stat sheet, but he shouldnt have played in the 4th quarter, he missed gallo when he was hot to let wilson chandler brick shots all quarter.

and to add, this is the same tony douglas that everyone hated on for getting ''killed'' by barea. our memories are so short.....how do you think a coach feels when his back up pg is so inconsistent?

Toons

is the Bo$$
One more thing. Maybe somebody can help me out. It seems the Knicks give up the baseline on purpose. Do other teams play team defense this way? If so when exactly did the philosophy change? I remember forcing guys to the middle so you could get help from the guards up top and the bigs down low. Now I see guys with a straight beeline to the basket 10-15 times a game. Its unreal.

well a lot of teams funnel to the baseline. eg. the spurs do it all the time. the baseline is like an extra defender. but the thing is, you have to have the centre or pf or even the sf(on the opposite wing defending) inching away from their player with their hands up to block the shot. i watched a few baseline layups in the clippers game where our spacing was so horrible that we would of hit ourselves just by putting our hands up.

to the bold, its not only in our games, everyone does that. the only way that works now kind of in in a zone, and we dont play zone (maybe we should). teams take our bigs out of the paint....keep amare at the elbows, and go in baseline. Just relax tho, we are improving. its not gonna be an overnight thing. moz will develop into a paint protector. Turiaf will recover. Our interior defense will improve.

KingofNy

Starter

That beeline to the basket is called MDA's defensive gameplan... I call it a joke.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
That beeline to the basket is called MDA's defensive gameplan... I call it a joke.

:agreed:

Funneling baseline is ok if you have weak side help... which they hardly ever do. Anf weak side help is good if you anticipate and rotate, which they hardly ever do.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Sometimes I get annoyed because it seems as if D'Antoni just throws the players out on the floor and says "GUARD HIM!"

Other times I get even more annoyed because some of our players (ie notably Raymond Felton) can't even stay on their man.