Knicks, Nuggets Engaged In Three-Way Trade Talks

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
Feb 05, 2011 23:49 PM EST

The Knicks, Nuggets and Timberwolves are discussing a three-team trade, according to a report from Chris Broussard.

Carmelo Anthony would be dealt to New York, while Denver would receive Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and Minnesota first round pick. The Wolves would receive Eddy Curry's expiring contract and Anthony Randolph.

The proposed deal is not expected to be finished before the beginning of next week at the earliest and sources say it could lead up to the trade deadline.

Should the sides agree on a trade, Anthony would be in line to receive a three-year, $65 million contract extension as part of the agreement in an extend-and-trade.

New York owner James Dolan wants the team to trade for Anthony before the deadline.

"Dolan is really pressuring (Donnie) Walsh to get Melo, but Denver has been vacillating back and forth," one of the sources said.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
If that`s the deal then we must do it. I was reluctant about us getting Melo in the past because maybe we might have had to gut the team to get him. If we lose Chandler, Curry`s expiring and Randolph to land one of the best pure scorers in the league then we will have done a fantastic deal.

What will we lose? Wilson chandler has played well for us but is no match foe Melo. Curry`s expiring contract, well that`s no loss. And Anthony Randolph, personally I think he could be a good player but lets face facts no D-Toni is not going to play him so he might as well go, it will be best for him also.

So, we lose a good player, a hopeless constabtly injured overweight liability and a young player who may or may not be a good player one day. In my opinion we swap that for a superstar of the game.

I am now really excited about this possibility. I hope that Donnie can pull it off. If he does then he deserves to be named general manager of the decade.

CoolClyde

oh look another Melo thread

why in the world would you make yet another Melo thread when there's pretty much the exact thread
right before it? too many threads, too many melo's, so much BS!!
:boohoo::smokin:

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
why in the world would you make yet another Melo thread when there's pretty much the exact thread
right before it? too many threads, too many melo's, so much BS!!
:boohoo::smokin:

My bad didn't realize the other post was there. didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch

Lol it is kinda maddening seeing a new thread on it with the original right there on the first page. I thought there were new developments or something lol. All good tho.

Paul1355

All Star
Feb 05, 2011 23:49 PM EST

The Knicks, Nuggets and Timberwolves are discussing a three-team trade, according to a report from Chris Broussard.

Carmelo Anthony would be dealt to New York, while Denver would receive Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and Minnesota first round pick. The Wolves would receive Eddy Curry's expiring contract and Anthony Randolph.

The proposed deal is not expected to be finished before the beginning of next week at the earliest and sources say it could lead up to the trade deadline.

Should the sides agree on a trade, Anthony would be in line to receive a three-year, $65 million contract extension as part of the agreement in an extend-and-trade.

New York owner James Dolan wants the team to trade for Anthony before the deadline.

"Dolan is really pressuring (Donnie) Walsh to get Melo, but Denver has been vacillating back and forth," one of the sources said.
Donnie is a genius and even though he gives away some of his plan (Warkentein hiring) he comes up with curveballs out of nowhere like the T Wolves as a 3rd team.

If we can keep Gallo and Fields and still get Melo, then Donnie should be executive of the year.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Gallo
Amare

This team can beat the Heat